Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 30-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Master
I bought a pendulum today

I had a dream about one last night so I figured I'd get one. I usually ask yes no questions and it rotates one way for yes and another for no I have a lot of questions. Does anyone use pendulums and if so do you enjoy them and find they are accurate?
Spiritlite.
Old 30-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Pathfinder
I do like to use my pendulums a lot. The accuracy rate for me has been around 90%. I think you have to just keep practicing with it and you will get comfortable with using it and know what it will answer and will not. Take mine for instance. It doesn't like finding things or playing games.. but it will answer all day long about spiritual matters. My responses are with swings, forward and backwards for yes, side to side for no. Diagonally to the right is Maybe, or Ready for a question.. Diagonally to the left is asking to clarify a question or that it does not want to answer at that time.

I have found that pendulums have different ways for answering for each user, so its finding out what is comfortable for you.

Enjoy!
Old 30-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Master
Yeah mine seems to do yes no anwers I will have to tell it to include maybe.
I asked several times if my boss would quit within a year and it said YES hahaha.
I also asked if my boss liked me and it said no too bad, like I care haha
I am loving it.
Spiritlite.
Old 30-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Leah85

Dear Spiritlite
I have lots of pendulums that I use for different intentions.
If you are asking on spiritual/daily life matters, you should programme yours in a way that is understandable to you.
Every pendulum needs to be programmed. Just google it and find some clues on how to do it. I would say that it is rather a question of intuition more than a strict rules one. But there are some basical steps you should follow.
Do not forget they need cleansing if they are made of crystal. And when you feel they are "carried" somehow with negative energies, clean it - putting it under running water for a minute or two will be enough.
Programme it giving it instructions putting it at the level of your third eye, for example.
Love and Blessings,
Leah
Old 30-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Leah85

Oh if you use it for channeling spirit messages, don't use the same one for other intentions (ex: to survey chakra balance, etc) since they might carry the energy of the spirits. The pendulums used for this intention might need more often cleansing than others.
Love and Blessings
Old 30-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Guide
I used it once and it wasn't accurate for me.
I think it may be if I would tie it to something rather than hold it.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:19 PM
Master
Thanks for all the advice.
This one is silver I got silver because none of the gemstone ones felt right.
Spiritlite.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:49 PM
LightFilledHeart

I have a brass pendulem I purchased some years ago. It has approximately a six or seven inch chain, and the base is constructed of layers of graduated disks of brass, growing smaller and smaller and finally culminating in a quarter inch point similar to shape of a ballpoint pen. It sometimes works great and gives me the yes and no answers I desire... other times it's totally out to lunch and refuses to budge! I always think that's when spirit is saying, "Use your own discernment! You already know the answer to this."
Old 30-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Master
Yep that's true LIght Filled, it's very hard work for me to use my pendulum I need a break after a while because it exhausts me.
Spiritlite.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:57 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Yep that's true LIght Filled, it's very hard work for me to use my pendulum I need a break after a while because it exhausts me.
Spiritlite.

Spirit, what do you thing accounts for how tired it makes you? Is it not simply tapping into your own higher knowing which then manipulates the pendulem to give your conscious personality self the answers? I guess it's still using energy, just as doing a reading or counseling session is, and I know too much of that can be exhausting too.