Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
[i][color="DarkGreen"]What one may believe to be true ,(spiritually speaking), can cost us our lives

What I believe is not as big of deal as what I do in life. There are people who don't believe in any spirituality or God stuff at all and are better people than I'll ever be.

All the focus on believing the 'right' way is just a way to avoid having to face the real challenge of living right. There are actually beliefs that say you can be a good person in life but if you don't believe in Jesus you will still go to hell. People should see through that belief instead of taking it at face value. Interestingly, the people who believe that kind of thing often struggle with secret sins that haunt them. Wouldn't it be better to just love yourself instead of having this weight of fear based on what people tell you you're supposed to believe?

Just because the majority believe something doesn't mean you have to. You don't have to believe anything people tell you if you don't want to. If someone abandons all Christian beliefs, it doesn't mean they'll start smoking crack and buying prostitutes. In fact many people progress and find happiness. What someone believes is not nearly as important as how they live their life, yet those who put so much focus on it often have a poor attitude about life. Sometimes the more a belief is important to you the more it can hold you back.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333xforever
Water can be ice, mist, liquid, rain, and snow, as God can be the
holy spirit, Lord, Jesus, and Christ.

Hope that helped.

Right on!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Glen

Quote:
If I told you my dreams were of Godly spiritual things. Like wanting to gain that gift of everlasting life. Or that I wanted the God of Israel, Jehovah to find favor in me as he did with men and women of old. Would you still want to know what my dreams were? Because you don’t seem to like the fact that I “cut and paste” the bible. Which I’m ONLY doing what I suppose to do as a Christian, Which is called proof. Again as I’ve said many times, I’m sent here by Jehovah God for those who truly seeking the truth. As I want to live, so do I want what God wants, ALL to live ,( 1Tim. 2:3,4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth). peace

I believe we can learn from everyone. All realities are valid. I am not here to judge. Please don't misunderstand my post. If posting the bible is your dream, then bless you. I hope you find the favor you wish for and gain everlasting life.

Love and light

Glen
Old 01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Sometimes the more a belief is important to you the more it can hold you back.

Usually when I let go of something that I feel strongly about, I find peace.

I don't understand why Christians, Jehovahites or followers of the Christian bible get so defensive.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
Usually when I let go of something that I feel strongly about, I find peace.

I don't understand why Christians, Jehovahites or followers of the Christian bible get so defensive.
Because it's a huge part of their lives. We get defensive when someone attacks anything that is very important to us.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
What I believe is not as big of deal as what I do in life. There are people who don't believe in any spirituality or God stuff at all and are better people than I'll ever be.

You don't understand that what is within manifests without?
"Belief" precedes actions and behavior.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus

You don't understand that what is within manifests without?
"Belief" precedes actions and behavior.
Some people just believe in treating people right and don't need spirituality or religion to back it up. They just believe that people are worth being good to. I've seen religious people that believe people are worth burning in torture for eternity, and treat them accordingly. Some people believe that a person should be judged based on their religious beliefs, which is sometimes called bigotry or intolerance, and they treat people according to that belief. Beliefs have a very big part in our actions. I meant holding beliefs as more important than how we treat others, resulting in things like intolerance.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Glen

Quote:
I meant holding beliefs as more important than how we treat others, resulting in things like intolerance.

This is what i was referring to earlier when I said that I am more interested in a persons dreams and ambitions than their beliefs. Beliefs can be external, or so called truths that someone defends just because someone tells them its the truth. Too many people accept someone else truth blindly without exploring it for themselves.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:

I agree ,there are many on earth, who has the heart of gold. There were many, I’m sure back in Noah’s day who also had that type of heart, yet too they were destroyed. there were only those of his household, who served the God of Israel , which were saved ,(Heb. 11:7). NOT just because they were good people, but because they worshipped the almighty God Jehovah ,(Gen. 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God). and If many took the time to research the origins of hell. They would understand Jehovah God NEVER created a hellfire.

what Jesus said at (Matt. 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels). Couldn’t have meant the actual “hell” ,since many religions BELIEVE demons resides there. Jesus ONLY meant total destruction, which is what fire does. So I don’t fear any false teaching of a “hellfire.” And I have NO problem facing “real challenges of living right.” I go through MANY challenges, but I handle them with the help of Jehovah God. also I’m born imperfect, if I say I didn’t, have challenges, would mean I’m lying. And that satan doesn’t throw anything my way.

This is why I understand that as a follower of Jesus and a server of Jehovah God. I HAVE to daily ask for forgiveness, a try to stick close to God ,( James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). And you’re right, NO one has to believe in God, he’s NOT making ANYONE do so. And true not all unbelievers are doing those things. sorry many refuse to believe in Jehovah God, his words, and Jesus. And maybe hates hearing this, but it’s God’s words. being a good person alone, ISN’T going to save our lives. So again!... I have to post ,(Pro.16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death). Jesus showed many will be on the road to destruction ,(Matt. 7:13,14). many of these ARE good people, but satan fooled them into NOT serving God ,(2Cor. 4:4).

And many of us who claim to worship Jesus and Jehovah God, could STILL get destroyed! Sadly MANY Christians think they got their first class ticket to heaven in their pockets. Little do they know IF… there was a “hellfire”, MANY Christians would be the FIRST in line! Because many are STRADDLING THE FENCE. Many fornicates, cheating on their spouse, doing the many things of the world, which we shouldn’t ,( 1John 2:15,16 ,James 4:4). They’re really NOT totally following Jesus ,( Luke 9:23). Jesus showed that even BELIEVING alone, also isn’t going to save us. We MUST do works, (James 2:14-26). Meaning do the things his father commanded, so that we may have that chance of eternal live ,(Matt. 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved).

We have to be careful in what we choose to believe, if it’s NOT of God. Again, Jehovah doesn’t MAKE us believe and serve him. But if we’re so into believing what we want, he will help us to do so. Which would lead us to our destruction ,(2 Thess. 2:10-12 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness). those who rather believe spiritual lies than the truth. God will help them to believe what they choose. Which will cost us their lives. peace

Old 03-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Master

Quote:

We have to be careful in what we choose to believe, if it’s NOT of God. Again, Jehovah doesn’t MAKE us believe and serve him. But if we’re so into believing what we want, he will help us to do so. Which would lead us to our destruction ,(2 Thess. 2:10-12 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie. That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness). those who rather believe spiritual lies than the truth. God will help them to believe what they choose. Which will cost us their lives. peace

[/color][/i]
Have you ever thought about how people in a Christian country will often be Christians? Or people in a predominantly Buddhist country will often be Buddhists? Chances are if Christianity is in your heritage or culture you will have a certain amount of Christian beliefs.

Have you noticed how some people are drawn to the extreme hellfire side and other people are drawn to the lighter, more kinder side? Many times it has to do with how emotionally stable a person is, if they had a relatively healthy childhood or not, or if they come from a poor or wealthy environment, etc. I used to be a Christian extremist and have also had a tumultuous upbringing. It's not an easy life -- an already unstable person being saturated with fundamentalist thought. It was a rough time and takes awhile to recover from the hate and fear based thinking, not to mention beginning to deal with emotional issues.