Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Scibat

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I am curious, is there a place where I can see the math for this in a simplified format? I am not a biblical scholar or mathematician, but being that it does fall on my birthday I am genuinely curious.

I take the silence as a no?

Too bad I really was genuinely curious about this and how the date was derived, oh well.
Old 19-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Neville

Hello Scibat, There is a bit of information here that I was able to find.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

It seems to be an evangelical premise. There is an association of thought between the second coming and the rapture. It's all a bit Da Vinci code to me though.

That said some folks seem very serious about this;
Old 19-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Hello Scibat, There is a bit of information here that I was able to find.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/

It seems to be an evangelical premise. There is an association of thought between the second coming and the rapture. It's all a bit Da Vinci code to me though.

That said some folks seem very serious about this;

Thanks for the info, and yes there are billboards up about it all around where I live so people are taking it quite seriously.
Old 19-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Hey, I just drove past a bench that said May 21 - Judgment Day.

I guess, I'm outta the loop. Then I see this thread.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Neville

There is a wealth of information on the internet regarding May 21 2011. Some of it positive in the respect that some believe Jesus will return , There is however a quiet significant belief that the end times will begin in earnest which to me is a little alarmist.

It's the exclusivity that troubles me. The supposed premise that the multitudes of peace loving good living non Christians who have not accepted Jesus into their lives are in for a rough ride of it.

This is not only Christianity, Some Elements of other religious dogma carry this "It's my way or the Highway to hell" ultimatum about it.

Anyway, after such digressionI will watch to see what happens on 21 May. I do appreciate any skepticism also as there seems to have been a few dates that have passed that were also thought to be the end times.
Old 19-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Simon Karlos

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hey, I just drove past a bench that said May 21 - Judgment Day.

I guess, I'm outta the loop. Then I see this thread.

That was my flock who put that message there for you to see! May 21, 2011 is the set date that me and my people will proclaim to the world via YouTube that Miss Hepburn is the Great Goddess, and that together, she and I shall RULE over this universe in a Golden Age of peace, love, harmony and re-runs of "The X-Files."
Old 20-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
That was my flock who put that message there for you to see! May 21, 2011 is the set date that me and my people will proclaim to the world via YouTube that Miss Hepburn is the Great Goddess, and that together, she and I shall RULE over this universe in a Golden Age of peace, love, harmony and re-runs of "The X-Files."
Is this the same person who started the Chuck Norris thread ---ah-huh,
I thought so.
Because it wouldn't be re-runs of X-Files...it would be Twin Peaks in my Universe.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-04-2011, 09:51 PM
grue21

TBH no none knows. Jesus said that would be able to tell roughly by the signs of that time, like the changings of the seasons. However if Jesus and the Holy Spirit dont know the exact date, im sure none of us will know. and doesnmt the Temple have to have been rebuilt for 6 yrs first anyway???

the best way to be sure on all accounts is to be ready for it every day, that way we wont get cought sleeping.

I tried to force God to tell me when it was once!!!! BIG MISTAKE! never felt God angry before but i did then!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Bluegreen

Earth changes predicted by Edgar Cayce:

South Pacific: The changes will begin to be apparent "when there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea...and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that which is almost opposite it, or in the Mediterranean, and the Aetna (Etna) area.

The Atlantic: "Lands will appear in the Atlantic as well as in the Pacific."

The Pacific: "Lands will appear..." "The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea."

Europe: "The upper porton of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye..." "Even many of the battlefields of the present [1941] will be ocean, will be the seas, the bays, the lands over which the new order will carry on their trade as one with another."

America: "All over the country many physical changes of a minor or greater degree. The greater change will be in the North Atlantic Seaboard. Watch New York, Connecticut and the like.
"Many portions of the East Coast will be disturbed, as well as many portions of the West Coast, as well as the central portion of the United States.
"Los Angeles, San Francisco, most all of these will be among those that will be destroyed before New York, even.
"Portions of the now east coast of New York, or New York City itself, will in the main disappear... the southern portions of Carolina, Georgia, these will disappear.
The waters of the Great Lake will empty into the Gulf of Mexico.
"If there are greater activities in Vesuvius or Pelee, then the southern coast of California--and the areas between Salt Lake and the southern portions of Nevada--may expect, within three months following same, an inundation caused by the earthquakes.
"Safety lands will be the area around Norfolk, Virginia Beach, parts of Ohiop, Indiana, and Illinois and much of the southern portion of Canada and the eastern portion of Canada."

Arctic and antarctic: "There will be upheavals in the Arctic and Antarctic that will make for the eruptions of volcanoes in the Torrid areas, and there will be the shifting then of the poles--so that where there have been those of a frigid or semi-tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow..."

I will leave off the rest of the predictions.

The predictions may take place--many should already have taken place according to Cayce's time line--or be averted. It all depends on men's treatment of his fellow men. I believe that man's attitude has changed for the better. (The best predictions are those that do not materialize.)

The shifting of the poles is apparently a cyclic occurence, the last shift having occurred some 15,000 years ago.
I do not know whether this is true but it is true that in cold climates vegetation is found in earth layers that only grows in tropicAL climates.

Cayce also predicted that the earth changes will be followed by a thousand years of peace.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:37 PM
AngelBreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I am curious, is there a place where I can see the math for this in a simplified format? I am not a biblical scholar or mathematician, but being that it does fall on my birthday I am genuinely curious.

Warm greetings, Scibat!

You ask about seeing the math and explanation for this date. I did some research on it and have found the following website, FYI. I know this has been presented already but it seems to be the Prime site listed for this information thus, I thought it would bear repeating.

http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/index.html

Deus tecum, (\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an anti-Christ." -- II JOHN 1:7 (KJV)

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 (KJV)