Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 27-10-2017, 12:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You have a link to that or a page reference if you are getting it from the book?

Here is where you got that quote from: http://shaivayoga.com/Writings_files..._Vibration.pdf

I would encourage you to find the book and the correct translation.. it is a very good book.

Also, that is not an accepted view on Spanda or an accepted translation.

I'm curious Jonesboy, which part of sky's quote...

"Spanda is often called sphuratta, the ‘scintillating pulse’ of the Supreme Light*which continuously trembles within its own incandescence. This very vibration*makes up the totality of all beings. Thus the Universal Spanda blissfully vibrates*as all aspects of the Self. Even ‘negative’ feelings and thoughts are part of Spanda;*when it contracts into the form of negative thoughts and feelings, these*are used as a spring-board to move into an expanded state, thus*completing the dance of life."

...did you feel wasn't an accepted view?
Old 27-10-2017, 06:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You have a link to that or a page reference if you are getting it from the book?

Here is where you got that quote from: http://shaivayoga.com/Writings_files..._Vibration.pdf

I would encourage you to find the book and the correct translation.. it is a very good book.

Also, that is not an accepted view on Spanda or an accepted translation.

It's from a book I have , it's a very interesting book but like all books and teachings the interpretations are based on the individuals perception.
You might not agree with the translation but others will, that's the beauty of self realization.. If it make sense and enhances your life then take it, if it doesn't, leave it for others...
Old 27-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I'm curious Jonesboy, which part of sky's quote...

"Spanda is often called sphuratta, the ‘scintillating pulse’ of the Supreme Light*which continuously trembles within its own incandescence. This very vibration*makes up the totality of all beings. Thus the Universal Spanda blissfully vibrates*as all aspects of the Self. Even ‘negative’ feelings and thoughts are part of Spanda;*when it contracts into the form of negative thoughts and feelings, these*are used as a spring-board to move into an expanded state, thus*completing the dance of life."

...did you feel wasn't an accepted view?

Why do some feel we need to follow accepted views, are we not intelligent enough to follow our own, even if you find along the way that they are wrong. Learning is not straight forward, it has its ups and downs which we learn from...
I would be interested to see what JB doesn't find acceptable about it.
Old 27-10-2017, 08:17 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Why do some feel we need to follow accepted views, are we not intelligent enough to follow our own, even if you find along the way that they are wrong. Learning is not straight forward, it has its ups and downs which we learn from...
I would be interested to see what JB doesn't find acceptable about it.

I've high mood for viewing here and there, fortunately my attention is focused on this one. Hi, sky. I more prefer of realistic practice than literal high quality explanation of all but low in practical experience or insight or exaggeration.

Whenever I dealing with any deity then I know how high his practice can be. It never wrongly showings their weak or high level dharma-subtlety. In front of me there's no hiding areas that I don't know. It's that truth, I convince others' thinking, understanding and practice. Be well awoken and with sharp eyes......
Old 27-10-2017, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
I've high mood for viewing here and there, fortunately my attention is focused on this one. Hi, sky. I more prefer of realistic practice than literal high quality explanation of all but low in practical experience or insight or exaggeration.

Whenever I dealing with any deity then I know how high his practice can be. It never wrongly showings their weak or high level dharma-subtlety. In front of me there's no hiding areas that I don't know. It's that truth, I convince others' thinking, understanding and practice. Be well awoken and with sharp eyes......

Yes Jeremy, realistic practise is best
Self realization is even better, finding out through your own experiences in life is the way but sometimes deep down in our consciouness a seed has been planted previously and is woken up when a word in a teaching jumps out and waters that seed.
Old 27-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes Jeremy, realistic practise is best
Self realization is even better, finding out through your own experiences in life is the way but sometimes deep down in our consciouness a seed has been planted previously and is woken up when a word in a teaching jumps out and waters that seed.

Hi sky,

Literal high explanation is only an introduction to your understanding of the objective opinions of the writer. But how a person can grab on the essence of practice or the solidify to its realistic practice and understanding is that knowing it through and through, from a to z of that knowledge and practice.

It all depends on your wisdom. All practices are never happened to their top understanding whereas you're the Guru or you're just learning it for a number of years. The true understanding and right way to probe the essence of that metaphysics dharma is most likely important.

But when it isn't using the right way to makeup story then the practitioner must understand what's the reason and should aware that by himself instantly. Usually, once you've involved in practicing dharma energy then it's hard to turn to the other direction. I just hope anyone can become a master of dharma energy but not the other way of suffering.....
Old 27-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Master
' Carefully obtain the essence and examine it with zeal. Do this because everything is produced from it by His free and omnipresent play '

This fits in with what you said Jeremy... perfect
Old 27-10-2017, 12:19 PM
Knower
Sky123
Quote:
You have Bindu who has realized that everyone and everything is divine, now thats very advanced.... a perfect insight.

No I have not realised yet...

But to hold that Bhavana (attitude, feeling) in mind in life, as a way of sadhana (practice), is a key practice for me.

This is also the way of Kashmir Shaivism to see everything as the vibration of Shiva...the spanda.

Also in the Ramakrishna tradition, which I love very much, is it a key practice, to see God in everything. Swami Ashokananda, a lovely swami in that tradition, calls it to "spiritualise your life".

Swami Ashokananda about Vivekananda's teachings:

"...this is the age of Virat, the visible God"

Swami Vivekananda had this also as a key concept to cultivate for this age.

Quote:
"Don't seek God, just see him"

Namaste
Old 27-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
Sky123

No I have not realised yet...

But to hold that Bhavana (attitude, feeling) in mind in life, as a way of sadhana (practice), is a key practice for me.

This is also the way of Kashmir Shaivism to see everything as the vibration of Shiva...the spanda.
I
Also in the Ramakrishna tradition, which I love very much, is it a key practice, to see God in everything. Swami Ashokananda, a lovely swami in that tradition, calls it to "spiritualise your life".

Swami Ashokananda about Vivekananda's teachings:

"...this is the age of Virat, the visible God"

Swami Vivekananda had this also as a key concept to cultivate for this age.

Namaste

I think you have realized that it is there, sometimes hidden from our perception, some cannot even do that, so I would say that's advanced. We sometimes forget

We look at the human side, interact with the human frailties and don't see the divine...

' the visible God ' that is something difficult for some as we tend to think of God as invisible...
Old 27-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Knower
Yeah it is mysterious, and not until we get enlightended can we be probable be sure about it I guess.

In the meantime we have to rely on the words of the austronauts of spirituality.
The saints and sages who have been established in the wisdom consciousness of enlightenment and see it as a reality and report to us...

Also the scriptures are helpful.

"All this is Brahman. (Sarvam khalvidam brahma)"
Chandogya Upanishad

This is one of the most important Mahavakyas (great sayings).
From the ancient upanshads..

A contemplation from swami.com

Quote:
7. Sarvam khalvidam brahma
All of this is Brahman
(All of this, including me, is that absolute reality)
What to do: Allow your awareness to try to encompass, at one time, the entire manifest and unmanifest universe, the objects and people in the world around you, as well as your own body and mind. Hold these together, as one whole, and reflect on the words, "All of this is brahman! All of this is one!" This builds on the other practices, and expands in its experience.

Mind is set aside in an explosion of awareness: Eventually, in the depth of meditation and contemplation, the entire mind is set aside in an explosion of awareness, in which the truth of the Mahavakyas comes forward, and is seen to have been there all along, ever still, waiting to be discovered in direct experience.