Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Master
The Spiritual Tricks of the Ego

I came across this refreshing and practical YouTube video that I think illustrates and points to a common experience of ego trappings among spiritual seekers. I certainly can relate to this on many levels. I hope this can be helpful for you as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw8TrjARujU

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 20-10-2016, 11:05 AM
Guide

Thank you for the video, it is helpful!
Old 20-10-2016, 04:39 PM
Master

I recently read a book titled The Instruction by Ainslie MacLeod where he helps the reader identify where you are in your spiritual development.

Most of us are here learning our lessons. In his book he says 80% of us have Connections as our primary mission. This helps us interact with one another while we are all living the illusion.

Now that I have read his book I see that what he says (for me, anyway) is true. Most souls incarnating on Earth are young souls (levels 1-5). Levels 6-10 are considered to be old souls and they are less densely populated.

Very old souls no longer have Connections as their primary mission. Because they are beginning to separate themselves from the human experience. Since reading it in his book, I can see a group of people and see them having their human experiences. Together. As a group. Connected to one another in common beliefs and ideologies.

And I can more easily identify the old souls.

Regarding your video, I could see I don't really fit into the group of spiritual seekers they are identifying. I'm way past most of that. No spiritual teacher, I've learned on my own all my life. A little here, and a little there looking within for that feeling of wholeness and truth. Finding my answers inside me instead of taking the advice of someone else. I read a lot of books, no pressure. I take what sounds right and leave what seems to not synchronize with me. Not that it's wrong, it's just wrong for me. It might be a Truth to another person.

I think anyone seeking a higher spiritual understanding (enlightenment is an awfully big word) is beginning to divert from the masses to the Lone Path. It takes many lifetimes on that Lone Path to refine Understanding. Understandings becoming more and more clear as we move forward.