Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-08-2016, 01:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalKitty777
I'm working on a new story about a cat who continuously reincarnates, moving from dimensions to worlds and all over the place. She was even once a Sphinx in some distant part of the Universe! Before she starts reincarnating over and over, she looks after a magical Bookstore that is sort of a...I don't know...not a gateway exactly...a core part of the Universe, maybe, where beings from all over come to share stories. The working title is: Ii: A Love Story.

Wow this sounds amazing.

I kind of see myself now as a multi dimensional being moving between worlds which are really one world in me of course.

I love your ideas you have a wonderful imagination, something I cherish in me now, after being confined in fear in everyway. Fear can really block your natural flow in everyway we are but yours is alive and thriving.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 03-08-2016, 01:34 AM
Experiencer
^Thank you so much! I'm not used to being appreciated for my stories, since I rarely share them with anyone, so this is a big step for me!
Old 03-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The word poverty... spiritual poverty
is not a word I would have used...
not the right connotation for most people.
IMO.

Yes it is Christian language, but I understand that the author intends the idea that we are impoverished until filled with the presence of God. Emptying the cup is a good analogy, or emptying the pool of the heart, I would say emptying it of the sh*t and mud that has collected over who knows how many lifetimes, until being so thoroughly empty, it can truly be filled with clear water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
How To Have An Empty Cup 101

-sit in stillness, no possible disturbances on the horizon
-realize you really know nothing...well, almost 99.99999% nothing, lol
-have no concepts...of up or down, near or far, body or no body, yesterday or today....you get the picture...
you do not even know what a 'table' is, a ceiling...because you know it really isn't a table or a ceiling...
but they are appearing as such ...see?
-now, just smile and sit in peace
-keep the eyes closed, use comfy earplugs...and go inside
-you may focus on the Third Eye area if you wish, the heart area if you wish, breathing...
but I'd go for inside the skull at the fontanel or just behind the forehead....because the other stuff can disappear at a point.
LOL!

Keepin' it simple.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
^Thank you so much! I'm not used to being appreciated for my stories, since I rarely share them with anyone, so this is a big step for me!

Wow that is wonderful, you have made my day.

To know I was inspired by you to listen and share in your stories, gives me a lovely warm buzz inside.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 03-08-2016, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yep I would agree from my mystical experience.

Indeed the lighter we become the less clutter in the way. So overloading is a prerequisite to empty out and be lighter, be your light self/body whatever you wish to call it.

Indeed. The fire of hell as once described to me and placed in me. Fear hell is pretty much the fear of death at the core. Emptiness/nothing/nothing to hold onto. It is quite disturbing to enter into this place to resurrect yourself, yet all the while its you inviting you back to meet yourself anew, the one you have long forgotten, with all those layers layered over the true self. Of course from there, the fire transforms itself and the inner flame of abundance/whole self, begins to become brighter and brighter and lighter, so filling up/self renewal/self care is important to the well of emptiness, as is letting go of itself to empty out. And one can be aware how people do this believing in many things in the filling up.

How much of the process of filling can be self filling/self renewal if the emptiness that has been established is there for 'God's presence' and God's presence only to fill it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Making peace at the core of emptiness for me signalled a union of peace with all that first was necessary. The onward and upward walk from that point, simply follows and listens to its heart naturally.

Nice quote, one that resonates with me quite deeply through my own experience. I hope Augustin Belisle didn't mind me poking it to look more closely at its contents.

In sharing that, I guess you needed to convey someone else's understanding today for yourself in some regard.

The mystery of that lays in your own hands and heart I guess, without words shared by you. Silent self letting the world speak to us and share with us/our greater silent self.

Silence becoming. It really seems it is today. woop woop.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
How much of the process of filling can be self filling/self renewal if the emptiness that has been established is there for 'God's presence' and God's presence only to fill it?

What ever you call this presence, we are still human and life goes on and my motto is, that there is room for all things so now, as an aware human being I am both aware I am complete and when life depletes me, or my human body is not functioning as I know it can, I move myself to fill my tank in the way that works for me.

Each of us are unique in this way of course, so this is only my view of myself.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
If I may be so bold as to offer some assistance with letting go of the fear of stillness/nothingness/emptiness, imagine this: You are gently rising through the air, higher and higher, past the atmosphere until you pass into space. But what is outer space, for everything is space of some kind. You gaze about you at the distant stars, whirling galaxies, and then you hear it: the music of the Universe; utterly still, utterly silent, utterly full of nothing, yet beautiful and melodious. Then, when you fly back down to earth, you hear that same melody within your heart, echoing.

Thankyou for sharing your thoughts CK, for now I am content to just notice and allow the feeling of emptiness contained in my heart-space.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thankyou for sharing your thoughts CK, for now I am content to just notice and allow the feeling of emptiness contained in my heart-space.

This is a nice way to be...

Be the presence..

Old 03-08-2016, 03:22 AM
Pathfinder
I have been struggling with this for the past six months. You see, I was hospitalized after my last spiritual awakening, called "schitzo and bipolar" and was heavily medicated with a plethora of drugs. I recalled being able to communicate with nature and the Earth was one with me. The oceans called to me being a Cancer and all I felt a deep connection with the water.

But alas, after I was hospitalized and medicated, I no longer felt anything, I feel this emptiness you speak of, and I can't seem to fill it with anything without being told that I'm "crazy" That's the hardest part for me. How do you fill the emptiness without going so far as ending up in the hospital again?
Old 03-08-2016, 03:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow
I have been struggling with this for the past six months. You see, I was hospitalized after my last spiritual awakening, called "schitzo and bipolar" and was heavily medicated with a plethora of drugs. I recalled being able to communicate with nature and the Earth was one with me. The oceans called to me being a Cancer and all I felt a deep connection with the water.

But alas, after I was hospitalized and medicated, I no longer felt anything, I feel this emptiness you speak of, and I can't seem to fill it with anything without being told that I'm "crazy" That's the hardest part for me. How do you fill the emptiness without going so far as ending up in the hospital again?

I had a friend who was admitted to hospital and another in a Psych ward after hers. The process to come back into balance again has gone on for her over a number of years And is still continuing. We get these glimpses to see deeper the nature of reality as it can be experienced. The awakening stage is really to adjust our radar and awareness to know more. Even as we come back into body, their is still our humanness that requires our full attention to bring all that we are and can be back into a more whole and complete state of being.

The key is when I was going through my *crazy* time of awakening I did listen to a few supporters who showed me various aspects of myself I was going through that needed me to give attention too. One was that even as I was walking through an altered reality and experiencing life like never before, I was disconnected at the human level. My mind and my body were not full integrated to feel this more complete. So I needed to deepen my awareness of life more logically, and for real in me. He didn't say I was crazy, but more told me I was losing touch with reality and he was right. It was not fully sustainable in my body the way I was in my humanness. So the work on self and emotions continued to deepen and work through things more holistically for around eight years or so after my own deeper one.

This one person of all people I never related too, till this moment and I took on board what he was showing me to not only come back down to reality but be aware of what I was holding onto keeping me *out there* not fully grounded and being this more complete and as a more real and lasting reality for me.

This might be good listening for you.

An audio book

The Buddha. The emptiness of the heart.

"To turn within means all the twenty-four hours, and in every situation, to pierce, one by one, through the layers covering the self, deeper and deeper, to a place which cannot be described. It is when thinking comes to an end and making distinctions ceases, when wrong views and ideas disappear of themselves without having to be driven forth; when, without being sought, the true action and true impulse appear of themselves. It is when one can know what is the truth of the heart"
"In these few statements he has covered the whole journey from falsehood to truth, from darkness to light, from death to immortality. What he has said can be condensed, so that you can remember it not as knowledge but only as a finger indicating the moon – just a few hints for your own inner journey"

https://shop.osho.com/en/audio-books...-of-the-heart/