Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Master
Embracing the emptiness of the heart

Quote:
Christian mystics have long-insisted on self-emptying as prerequisite to union with the Ultimate. This is spiritual poverty – human emptiness enabled to be filled with spiritual fullness. For such mystics, the void has been something to embrace…

The spiritual journey of the heart must become a simple pilgrimage. We need to travel light. Excess baggage only hinders progress and hampers the journey. We find all too many ways to clutter our consciousness…

We have to rid ourselves of the fear that emptiness is an annihilating desolation or desecration. We face the same struggle with solitude and its language of silence. We are drawn to simplicity. This movement demands a series of “letting go” until all the layers are peeled away…

If we know the emptiness that yearns to be filled – if we recognize the potential spiritual energy which lies within the heart – then we can feel at home with this emptiness. Our souls will be vibrated by it…

Into the Heart of God By Augustin Belisle
Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
The magical function of infinite emptiness is endless without limits,
thus it is called The Mysterious Pass.
The Mysterious Pass serves as a communing doorway
connecting human beings with Heaven and Earth.
Endlessly it seems to exist there, yet functions naturally.

Laozi’s Daode Jing, verse 6 (translated by Hu Xuezhi)
Old 02-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Pathfinder
Good day to you. So what is involved, then, in the process of "self emptying"?
Old 02-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Experiencer
You cannot emthying something thats always emthy :) thats why we humans desperately try to fill something that isnt there. It automaticly happening once you reach the lowest points of points with the crash of toatal realization, it cant be forced no matter how hard you try, it will silence itself.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowIam
You cannot emthying something thats always emthy :) thats why we humans desperately try to fill something that isnt there. It automaticly happening once you reach the lowest points of points with the crash of toatal realization, it cant be forced no matter how hard you try, it will silence itself.

Huh? sorry, none the wiser.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:28 PM
The word poverty... spiritual poverty
is not a word I would have used...
not the right connotation for most people.
IMO.

How To Have An Empty Cup 101

-sit in stillness, no possible disturbances on the horizon
-realize you really know nothing...well, almost 99.99999% nothing, lol
-have no concepts...of up or down, near or far, body or no body, yesterday or today....you get the picture...
you do not even know what a 'table' is, a ceiling...because you know it really isn't a table or a ceiling...
but they are appearing as such ...see?
-now, just smile and sit in peace
-keep the eyes closed, use comfy earplugs...and go inside
-you may focus on the Third Eye area if you wish, the heart area if you wish, breathing...
but I'd go for inside the skull at the fontanel or just behind the forehead....because the other stuff can disappear at a point.
LOL!

Keepin' it simple.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Quote:

Christian mystics have long-insisted on self-emptying as prerequisite to union with the Ultimate. This is spiritual poverty – human emptiness enabled to be filled with spiritual fullness. For such mystics, the void has been something to embrace…

Yep I would agree from my mystical experience.

Quote:
The spiritual journey of the heart must become a simple pilgrimage. We need to travel light. Excess baggage only hinders progress and hampers the journey. We find all too many ways to clutter our consciousness…

Indeed the lighter we become the less clutter in the way. So overloading is a prerequisite to empty out and be lighter, be your light self/body whatever you wish to call it.

Quote:
We have to rid ourselves of the fear that emptiness is an annihilating desolation or desecration. We face the same struggle with solitude and its language of silence. We are drawn to simplicity. This movement demands a series of “letting go” until all the layers are peeled away…

Indeed. The fire of hell as once described to me and placed in me. Fear hell is pretty much the fear of death at the core. Emptiness/nothing/nothing to hold onto. It is quite disturbing to enter into this place to resurrect yourself, yet all the while its you inviting you back to meet yourself anew, the one you have long forgotten, with all those layers layered over the true self. Of course from there, the fire transforms itself and the inner flame of abundance/whole self, begins to become brighter and brighter and lighter, so filling up/self renewal/self care is important to the well of emptiness, as is letting go of itself to empty out. And one can be aware how people do this believing in many things in the filling up.

Quote:
If we know the emptiness that yearns to be filled – if we recognize the potential spiritual energy which lies within the heart – then we can feel at home with this emptiness. Our souls will be vibrated by it…

Making peace at the core of emptiness for me signalled a union of peace with all that first was necessary. The onward and upward walk from that point, simply follows and listens to its heart naturally.

Quote:
Into the Heart of God By Augustin Belisle

Nice quote, one that resonates with me quite deeply through my own experience. I hope Augustin Belisle didn't mind me poking it to look more closely at its contents.

In sharing that, I guess you needed to convey someone else's understanding today for yourself in some regard.

The mystery of that lays in your own hands and heart I guess, without words shared by you. Silent self letting the world speak to us and share with us/our greater silent self.

Silence becoming. It really seems it is today. woop woop.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-08-2016, 11:02 PM
Suspended
Great topic!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Quote:

The magical function of infinite emptiness is endless without limits,
thus it is called The Mysterious Pass.
The Mysterious Pass serves as a communing doorway
connecting human beings with Heaven and Earth.
Endlessly it seems to exist there, yet functions naturally.

Laozi’s Daode Jing, verse 6 (translated by Hu Xuezhi)

This is beautiful. "Functions naturally and magical" I love this and it resonates deeply in me.

Mysterious pass. The greater mystery of life becoming all that in us.

Oh yes that fits so well.

Thankyou for placing these here. I have filled my heart today just taking all this in myself.

Edited to add-infinitely Graced.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 02-08-2016, 11:18 PM
Experiencer
Lightbulb

If I may be so bold as to offer some assistance with letting go of the fear of stillness/nothingness/emptiness, imagine this: You are gently rising through the air, higher and higher, past the atmosphere until you pass into space. But what is outer space, for everything is space of some kind. You gaze about you at the distant stars, whirling galaxies, and then you hear it: the music of the Universe; utterly still, utterly silent, utterly full of nothing, yet beautiful and melodious. Then, when you fly back down to earth, you hear that same melody within your heart, echoing.