Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 16-11-2013, 03:56 AM
Raven Poet

Is there good and is there evil?

Hi, everyone. I have been asking myself this question for years. It's a pretty big one. But I'm interested to hear what other SF members say.

Is there a "good" and an "evil" ... and if you think there is "evil", can you say why you think God/Creator/Great Spirit would have allowed evil to exist?

I have a hard time believing there is such thing as evil. I think there are wounded spirits, both in humans and in the Spirit world or etheric world. But I think "evil" is really a human construction, and once a person leaves this physical world, their human ego, which I understand where "evil" comes from, is left behind in the brain.

An Elder asked me this question once - and I said No, I do not believe in evil spirits. He just nodded at me, then resumed his teaching circle.

Thoughts, folks? And please - I'm a little timid around this topic - please don't lay any really scary stuff down here, 'kay? Thank you!!!
Old 16-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Master
In general I say there is no good and bad or good and evil, only in the human perception. There are however distortions outside of source. No distortions no creation.
Old 16-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Master

...why not give you the scary examples? Afraid to see evil? ;)

Seriously? Yes, there is good and there is bad. The good help others in their need without making it a trade, while the bad use and abuse others for their own gain and pleasure. Most people be they spirit or living are in the middle, doing neither much good nor much harm and mainly focusing on themselves. Giving a few dollars to some humanitarian cause makes you no more Good than driving slightly over the speed limit on the road makes you Bad. As for evil.... that one is slightly trickier. Here is where I could make many examples, from the stuff that occurs so often that the newspapers don't bother with more than a paragraph to mention it, to the stories that go around the world. And in my opinion the 'small crimes' can be just as evil as the ones with enough originality to be remembered. It comes down to one thing. Is the crime done with the clear intention of causing harm and pain and fear? Then it is evil. Robbing a bank or even breaking into a house where the owners are on holiday, is not evil even though employees must be let go or irreplaceable heirlooms are gone forever. When the bank robbery includes 'making' someone give up the code to the vault or the house robbery includes having 'fun' with the people who are there that night, you have evil.

Why we have evil.... to make a a quote; Who Knows What Evil Lurks In The Heart Of Man? I can't see that evil is found more often in rich than in poor, leftists or rightists or by other scales. I have found that some cultures and countries seem to be very very very forgiving of crimes I call evil, as long as it only happens to women or foreigners or differently faithed or people without connections in the bureaucracy. If I made examples I would promptly be banned from this forum regardless of what public material I backed my claims up with, so I wont. I will merely say that the weaker the law, the weaker the public outrage, the more crime and evil you get. I think a vast number of the neutral and of course the bad people are capable of many crimes, if an opportunity for it comes their way and they can make the flimsiest excuse for if they are caught. Much fewer will find joy in giving others pain, and yet there seem to be millions and millions of such people in the world.

I have met a number of bad aka negative spirits, through sessions with channelers and others with some mediumistic talents. They were usually hanging around to take energy from the medium, some times effectively blocking away the guides. White energy from Above, used to banish all negative beings, dealt with most of them. I do not think I was the one who defined them as bad.

I do not know why there is evil in the world, but then I also do not understand why there is pain and fear and greed. Frankly if this world was a purchase I would ask for my money back.
Old 16-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi Raven Poet,
I'm thinking you would really like the book "Practicing the Presence"
by Joel S. Goldsmith.
He really does explain things extraordinarily well and simply.
"Good and evil" is talked about so clearly.

Typing a few sentences wouldn't be enough.
Good luck...it opens a world of understanding Creation.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Suspended
Good and evil mirror each other. We invented good and evil to preserve social order in our society.
Old 16-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Experiencer

personally I don't care what you're into as long as you have soul music - that u are comfortable
Old 25-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
...why not give you the scary examples? Afraid to see evil? ;)
Actually, WhiteWarrior - yes I am! But thanks for not getting too scary! I didn't want to give my overactive imagination any more fodder for when the lights go out and some strange noise appears in the other corner of the bedroom!
Old 25-11-2013, 12:19 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi Raven Poet,
I'm thinking you would really like the book "Practicing the Presence"
by Joel S. Goldsmith.
He really does explain things extraordinarily well and simply.
"Good and evil" is talked about so clearly.

Typing a few sentences wouldn't be enough.
Good luck...it opens a world of understanding Creation.
Thanks Miss Hepburn! I've got it on my "Want to read" shelf in Goodreads.com - will check it out someday soon - maybe over the winter solstice coming up, which is when I tend to do a lot of reading (too cold to be outside on the Canadian prairies where I live!)
Old 25-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Templar
personally I don't care what you're into as long as you have soul music - that u are comfortable
Simon_Templar, I find this statement quite profound. Soul music and comfort ... hmm, if I could sum up a wish list for being in this physical world as a physical being, really I think that is all I'd want.
Old 25-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
In general I say there is no good and bad or good and evil, only in the human perception. There are however distortions outside of source. No distortions no creation.
Hi, Rah nam. I agree with you, I really do. To me, human behaviour in this crazy ole world creates "evil" - or at least most of it.

But I'm kinda scared to think about where else evil comes from. But such is life as a human - we get scared of stuff we don't fully understand! (Or at least I do, fer sher!)