Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Knower

Since it's been awhile, perhaps someone new looking in will know of examples.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Suspended
Master
Well one could stretch the idiom further into saying the three nights and three days refer to aeons, in which case the first aeon/appointed time would be one of the heart of the Earth/Fish the second appointed time would have to do with the blood that gets pumped from the heart(the abundance of a mans heart so shall he speak). The third appointed time/being is one of the mouth and is now. This is not a new enlightenment but a renewed enlightenment. Lets ponder Daniel 7:25 and reflect to the so called creation/beginnings of beginnings as mentioned in B'reisheet/Genesis. What do we now have people? Remember Daniel 9:26 in respect to the so called literal creation story in B'reisheet/Genesis to see the idiomatic expressions.
Old 19-08-2016, 10:25 PM
Knower

AHIYAH,

Are you a 6th day of the week crucifixion proponent?
Old 21-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats
AHIYAH,

Are you a 6th day of the week crucifixion proponent?
No because according to Daniel 9:26 he confirmed the covenant in the middle of the week. He confirmed it with his blood ie the crucifixion. In saying that I leave room for this event not ever happening.
Old 23-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Knower

AHIYAH,
re: "...I leave room for this event not ever happening."

OK, someone else may know of examples.
Old 26-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Guide

This website under the 'inclusive reckoning' section refers to a Jewish Encyclopedia that explains the counting of time. other info too about time use.

http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/3days-3nights.html
Old 31-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Knower

Clear Blue Sky,

I'm afraid I don't see where your link shows examples where a daytime or a night time was forecast to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.
Old 18-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Knower

With another new year, maybe someone new looking in will know of examples as requested in the OP and clarified in further posts. And again, remember that the purpose of this topic is not to discuss how long the Messiah was in the heart of the earth. As stated, there are other topics that do that. However, there are some who say that Matthew 12:40 is using common Jewish idiomatic language to try to explain the missing 3rd night, which would have to be the case with a 6th day of the week crucifixion/1st day of the week resurrection. But in order to legitimately say that it was employing common, idiomatic/figure of speech/colloquial language, one would have to know of other instances where a daytime or a night time was predicted to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could occur. I am simply looking for some of those instances, scriptural or otherwise.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:33 AM
Knower

The Messiah said that 3 night times would be involved with His time in the "heart of the earth". However, there are those who believe that the Messiah died on the 6th day of the week and who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest to the time between the leaving of His spirit from His body and His resurrection on the 1st day of the week. But this belief allows for only 2 night times to be involved. To reconcile this discrepancy some say that the Messiah was using common Jewish figure of speech/colloquial language. I am simply asking for examples to support that assertion of commonality; i.e., examples where a daytime or a night time was forecast to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats
The Messiah said that 3 night times would be involved with His time in the "heart of the earth". However, there are those who believe that the Messiah died on the 6th day of the week and who think that the "heart of the earth" is referring to the tomb or at the earliest to the time between the leaving of His spirit from His body and His resurrection on the 1st day of the week. But this belief allows for only 2 night times to be involved. To reconcile this discrepancy some say that the Messiah was using common Jewish figure of speech/colloquial language. I am simply asking for examples to support that assertion of commonality; i.e., examples where a daytime or a night time was forecast to be involved with an event when no part of the daytime or no part of the night time could have occurred.

I remember reading that the jewish day started (starts?) in the evening rather than the morning... don't know what that means about the relative definition of the words 'day' and 'night' though.