Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-10-2016, 06:01 AM
Master
How much do you understand Conscience?

What are people if they have no conscience? Mere beasts? The earth and universe for one show very little signs of conscience. Nature kills indiscriminately.

Where does the role of conscience lie? I think it points to a higher reality. A reality based on goodness and justice. One that the Jews/Christians/Muslims believe in.

I AM teaches us nothing about conscience. One needs to go further to start considering it. Enlightenment is not a conscientious state. But heaven is.

That is the main reason I don't like I AM and Enlightenment. They are not moral, good or conscientious realities. They are NEUTRAL. Whereas conscience is decidedly GOOD.

What do you think on the matter of conscience?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What are people if they have no conscience? Mere beasts? The earth and universe for one show very little signs of conscience. Nature kills indiscriminately.

Where does the role of conscience lie? I think it points to a higher reality. A reality based on goodness and justice. One that the Jews/Christians/Muslims believe in.

I AM teaches us nothing about conscience. One needs to go further to start considering it. Enlightenment is not a conscientious state. But heaven is.

That is the main reason I don't like I AM and Enlightenment. They are not moral, good or conscientious realities. They are NEUTRAL. Whereas conscience is decidedly GOOD.

What do you think on the matter of conscience?

I'm not sure that the religious orders have demonstrated any depth of conscience.

I AM basically stipulates that 'we are consciousness', and the ethics arise from the notion that all life is one.

Enlightenment is just another version of heaven, basically. An ideal state. The morality involved in the non-dual/enlightenment ethos is a facet of wisdom rather than obedience to a God's laws or commandments. - It could be construed in Christ's meaning of "they know not what they do".

I think conscience is endemic to human nature, but it can be hard at times to hear its whisper over the din of louder voices.
Old 13-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Master
Christianity in particular is all about living a conscientious life, apologising for what ones does wrong and also being forgiven. Inevitably it gets lost in translation and many Christians have a long way to go.

But Christians live in a moral world. The Hindu world is amoral. There is no 'sin' to Hindus, there is just cause and effect.

I have to ask: just how conscientious is it to say "I Am God"? My version is that it is NOT very conscientious. It is also not very wise. Yet Hindus do it all the time.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
What are people if they have no conscience?
I believe 'they' are damaged in their brains and are, thus, called anti-socials,
sociopaths, narcissists...etc...the synapses simply did not connect...
thus, they are called incurable....there is no bridge to be repaired, per se...
because no bridge ever existed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Guide

Hm..you know...if you look at our history, I can say that we are apes with a grenade....We do have consciousness, but it seems that we do not use it much....
Old 22-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Guide

I think conscience is something very much God given. That being said, conscience I think, needs input in order for us to develop it in the areas which are right.

Some spiritual teachings are a lot more prevalent in different cultures, so for example if someone is caught telling a lie in the west, people tend to see it as pretty bad, because we've been exposed to a lot of teaching about being honest. Whereas in other cultures, honesty isn't so much focused on, and so when someone is caught telling a lie, they just laugh it off.

I also think there is a social conscience and a true conscience. They can probably be best defined by saying the social conscience does the right thing because society says it, but the true conscience does the right thing even when it goes against society and operates when we're by ourselves where we COULD get away with something, but choose not to. I think most people operate more from a social conscience that from a true one, and I believe that this is going to lead to the worst atrocities that the world will ever see in the years that lie ahead.

I think we need a cornerstone from which to measure our actions, and I have found no better cornerstone that the teachings of Jesus for training my conscience. The problem I see with ''I AM'' is that it essentially says to people ''you choose what you believe to be right''. That theoretically could work, IF that person is honest and comes to the truth, but sadly I see the majority of people who hold to this 'I AM' reject truth and defend their selfish action on spurious spirituality.
Old 22-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Suspended
Knower

Conscience is our inner deep voice which always tells us about right and wrong, which always helps us to take right decisions.