Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 11-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Human beings are either too busy in venerating the Gods, or seeing themselves as God, that they lack the ability to form a meaningful relationship with one.

Quote:
Having said that, of course the supreme essence of the Universe...The Divine all-knowing Consciousness is something to be respected, revered, honoured, venerated etc, but most often, it just wants to be seen and treated like a friend... just an ordinary dude...

I mean the connections are humungous...The "fringe benefits" incalculable...but He/She/It just wants to be treated like a buddy...A very wise teacher...an ordinary guy with a wicked sense of humour, who will give you a kick in the rear when you need it....A hug when you need it...and amazing bliss, joy and Grace when you either need it....or don't.

When you can see...and feel Krishna/Vishnu in this way...and stop putting them on a pedestal, then they will talk to you within your heart, if you can just open yourself up to it...and opening yourself up means to let go...not "try" because "try" is diametrically opposite to letting go...and then you'll find yourself smack bang in the middle of a scene out of the Blues Brothers, that has a personal spin on it.

Yes ,I did make this mistake and thought of god as being too superior to be my friend.But that will change from now as I will think of Krishna ji as my friend from now on.

Quote:
Another thing that may help you...and it made ALL the difference in my case...You live in India, right?

Get yourself to those places where the "old religion" is still practiced...Go to a Thaipusam ceremony...Go to a Kali ceremony.... watch people go into trance...into Arul Vaaku and mutilate themselves... watch as they dance in oblivious ecstasy...roll around on the floor....walk on fire...and breathe it all in, my friend... don't let your conscious conditioning say that they are insane...or possessed...or are doing socially unacceptable things... just allow yourself to go with it...The whole vibration of these sacred acts...sacred spaces... watch them carry Kavadi... small personal problems seem to fade into total insignificance when they are all seen as TAPASYA towards a higher goal and ideal.

I will whenever I have enough money to travel to a place where such things happen, as such things don't happen in my city.I do go to the temples and I've visited Kala Bhairava temple where such things happen.
Old 16-11-2018, 06:23 AM
Master
Namaste.

It has been quite a while since I last visited this thread.

My reply comes on the back of another thread in the EVP forum and concerns the nature of the Devatas.

To the average Hindu, the word "Deva" means "God"... but that is a gross misrepresentation.

In Sanskrit and quite literally, the word "Devas" mean "the shining ones" and also, "the playful ones"...So, they are "the shining, playful ones" which denotes that the Devas are more closely associated with "angelic beings" who are energetic and full of Light, but who also have a rather child-like, naive quality about them which makes them rather endearing.

Now, Lord Shiva is also known as Mahadeva, which means the greatest of all the shining, playful ones...and Lord Shiva's temperament is also like that...but at the same time, He can get very angry, sad, wise and impart sacred knowledge...there are many faces that Lord Shiva has.

To those who love Him, He is like a puppy...this is why He is called Bholenath.
To those who fear Him, He is the very wrathful destroyer of worlds.

There is a difference between the being/entity known as Shiva...and the state of Shiva-consciousness...even though, one is pretty much indistinguishable from the other, once you progress beyond the conceptual level.

Just as our bodies and minds do not really represent who we are, but it is just a necessary "front" for the truth of existence to one who objectively observes, the gross form of Shiva also exists to represent that state of transcendent awareness.

....and I really must disagree with Sadguru who says that Shiva means "that which is not" when I learned that the word "Shiva" means "auspicious".

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 05-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Master
The REAL meaning of Bhuteshvara

Namaste.

The word "Bhuteshvara" in transliteration, means "Lord of Ghosts".

When we think of the word "ghost", we associate it with the spirit or a soul of somebody who has died, and whose spiritual energies hang around a person or place to "haunt" it. This is the generally accepted view of a "ghost".

However, there is a different kind of ghost, called a "living ghost" and this is what is generally meant by the usage here.

"Living ghosts", even though they have a physical body, have no other physical presence in the world...they could come and go, and nobody else would even notice they had. They could try and get involved in a conversation and everybody will still continue to talk to other people, not acknowledging them whatsoever and others can never remember their name...they are a total "nonperson" and a "nobody" they could scrub an entire city block clean, and the council would take the credit for it, with everybody praising the council for doing a great job.

They make the perfect thieves, pickpockets and criminals, because any environment can fully camouflage them...this is a "living ghost"..
Living ghosts exist totally in a realm of their own, they have no way to communicate or associate and are often extremely sad and lonely because they can never get another living soul to acknowledge their existence.

Then, there are those who have been born physically deformed or mentally/intellectually handicapped or just somehow "different" to other people. The problem is, that all other people can see, IS that difference, that handicap and not the person underneath or behind the superficial deformity...they get ridiculed, spat on and mocked by society. People fear them...they laugh whenever they see these types of people, but it is not a laugh born of happiness, but of trying to conceal a deep fear of their own mortality. These people are "living ghosts" as well.

To all who society abuses, ignores, fears, cannot see because they are different, we are all the most dear and beloved of Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva sees us, watches what we do when others cannot see it, and opens His arms wide, saying "Come unto ME, my beloved, and you shall find peace and that love which the world just cannot give".

Aum Bhuteshvaraya Namah
Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 20-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Pathfinder

Hello Shivani Devi, Interesting search and posts submitted by you!

Could you comment on what your take is on the saying that nothing is gained and nothing is lost, and with that being the case then why the processes (or yoga's) of trying to gain that which can not be lost - in the first place? In other words why the veiling in the first place and then the unveiling afterwards. Does or should anyone appreciate being part of an experiment that lasts for a cosmic cycle and then ends only to start over again with nothing lost and nothing gained? (and I'm not talking about gaining or losing something material)
Old 22-12-2018, 12:16 PM
Pathfinder

If anyone else would like to comment on my foray in this string feel free to do so....
Old 12-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Master
The Shiva Lingam

Om Swasti Astu.

To be in the presence of Almighty Shiva...it's like being faced with infinite options of equal bliss and beauty value and being told to choose one..the total awe of ecstatic indecision.

I don't know how I am supposed to BE Shiva, when I would be more than happy just to be a rudraksha bead on the mala close to His heart...or the tiger which gave its life to become the Lord's loincloth..maybe a strand of matted hair kissed by Holy Mother Ganga...a snowflake touched by His Lotus feet on Kailasha ..however, I am not even worthy to be any of those things.

There are times when He will take my hand and say "may I have the pleasure of this dance?" and the universe could swallow me up at that point, so I go "thanks, but I think I'll just watch the master do it...I will probably just tread on your holy toes anyway".

When I try to meditate on Lord Shiva, it is difficult for me to focus on the form in its entirety...sometimes I will meditate on His blue throat or His Trishula or the Moon in His hair, or His Third-Eye or His Tiger Skin or even His mount, Nandi..try to meditate on that all at once and my attention wavers between all the different facets and aspects of the Divine...with a FULL understanding that they are limitless and infinite...not just confined to the form that Shiva represents in material reality.

So, I needed to meditate on something which represents ALL of this, without being hung up on any particular part of the whole...so enter the Shiva Lingam. It's simplistic form enables easy focus as a "placeholder" for the Absolute, in the same way as the mantra A-U-M does likewise.

The Lingam focuses the energies like a transcendental telephone between form and formless.

...and no, I still don't believe that I am Shiva.. although, He can choose to be me at any time.

Aum Namah Shivaya