Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 12-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Knower
My Transient Life

i realize that my life is transient. i came across this thought many times before. Whenever i contemplated on the past, this thought came to my mind that all my past has vanished. It has completely annihilated. Even yesterday has gone into oblivion. Every moment of my life is ephemeral. All in all, my whole life is just a fleeting moment. It is passing away and none of it is coming back. None of it is going to survive. Maybe a picture or memory may exist even when i am dead but i am not concerned with those faroff things. i am worried about my existence, my desires, my opinions and my ideas, whatever that constitutes me. All this that i am right now is going to die in the futures and its not like it will die when i am an old man of 80 or 90. No, it will die just after 2 or 3 years. My thoughts, desires, views and everything that i am right now will change after a few years so that means i will be gone after a few years and never revive. There will be something new instead. Same is the future for my whole life. it will be gone once i am dead and it will never come back. There is no such thing as coming back for life. i have to tried to relive the past by visiting my school, my old house and other places of my past but its of no use. They are completely different and nothing like the past. Each day is disappearing. i have observed this thing happening my entire life for the past 20 years but i always dismiss it because of some religious philosophy or other stupid doctrine that would suggest the possibility of revival.
The fact that life is transient has been banging on the door of my consciousness and i have been ignoring it for many, many, years but now i have finally admitted it. i will die, cease to exist and that will be the end of me.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:44 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
i realize that my life is transient. i came across this thought many times before. Whenever i contemplated on the past, this thought came to my mind that all my past has vanished. It has completely annihilated. Even yesterday has gone into oblivion. Every moment of my life is ephemeral. All in all, my whole life is just a fleeting moment. It is passing away and none of it is coming back. None of it is going to survive. Maybe a picture or memory may exist even when i am dead but i am not concerned with those faroff things. i am worried about my existence, my desires, my opinions and my ideas, whatever that constitutes me. All this that i am right now is going to die in the futures and its not like it will die when i am an old man of 80 or 90. No, it will die just after 2 or 3 years. My thoughts, desires, views and everything that i am right now will change after a few years so that means i will be gone after a few years and never revive. There will be something new instead. Same is the future for my whole life. it will be gone once i am dead and it will never come back. There is no such thing as coming back for life. i have to tried to relive the past by visiting my school, my old house and other places of my past but its of no use. They are completely different and nothing like the past. Each day is disappearing. i have observed this thing happening my entire life for the past 20 years but i always dismiss it because of some religious philosophy or other stupid doctrine that would suggest the possibility of revival.
The fact that life is transient has been banging on the door of my consciousness and i have been ignoring it for many, many, years but now i have finally admitted it. i will die, cease to exist and that will be the end of me.

Oh well, sucks being you. ..
Old 12-07-2019, 09:35 PM
Master

Congratulations. You are realising a deep truth about human existence. Everything passes. Nothing is permanent. Trying to hold on to that which is transient is futile. Everything about our life up to now is just a memory, a story we tell ourselves about who we are. All our thoughts about our future is just imagination, another belief in our head.

For some, this is a source of suffering. For others, this is liberating, as we realise that all we can know is this present moment, the eternal Now.

So why not embrace the reality of the present moment? Be like a stick floating in the river which is always flowing, always changing. Just be present, wherever you are.

Peace.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:48 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So why not embrace the reality of the present moment? Be like a stick floating in the river which is always flowing, always changing. Just be present, wherever you are.
Peace.
Uh huh..... sounds good der Buddha, but with that killer competitive attitude I bet I could woop you real good in a game of Pooh Sticks!
Old 12-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Uh huh..... sounds good der Buddha, but with that killer competitive attitude I bet I could woop you real good in a game of Pooh Sticks!

Ha! You can choose the bridge and we will see who rides the current faster..
Old 13-07-2019, 01:18 AM
Ascender
But our Consciousness goes on.
Old 13-07-2019, 02:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Ha! You can choose the bridge and we will see who rides the current faster..
Dream on! You will be riding the current alright, after I bounce you right into the river. He He! I can see it now. Don't you look silly spinning around in the current just like Eeyore!

Anyway, lest I be accused of thread hijacking I should probably try to bounce the OP.
Quote:
i am worried about my existence, my desires, my opinions and my ideas, whatever that constitutes me.
Where were these desires, opinions, and ideas when you came out of your mother's womb? Did this "me" have an existence back then?
Old 13-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Knower

Quote:

Whether or not you (all is us) believe in any type of afterlife, there is an intrinsic value to our living. Even if we do not believe our life was of specific value or affective (not effective), it was. Whether or not we create our own dreams while we are here, who were are has created inspiration and desire in someone. What we have done has created the path forward for something. If you were not locked in a room for your entire existence (even if you were, actually), you have affected someone. And that person will do amazing things because of it, or will inspire another to do that amazing thing. And it would not have happened without the original person, you, walking down the street one day.

Without requiring a belief in anything, we are all intrinsic co-creators of our shared world. We just have to accept that sometimes we don't get to see the result.

This is a mathematical certainty.

(Wait... do you believe in math?)

So our physical bodies may be transient, but our impact is not.
Old 13-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Dream on! You will be riding the current alright, after I bounce you right into the river. He He! I can see it now. Don't you look silly spinning around in the current just like Eeyore!

Anyway, lest I be accused of thread hijacking I should probably try to bounce the OP.

Where were these desires, opinions, and ideas when you came out of your mother's womb? Did this "me" have an existence back then?
Ofcourse this "me" had an existence back then. The "me" was always there. Later on it accumulated something known as "mine". All this happened naturally. There is no mistake in it and there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Ofcourse this "me" had an existence back then. The "me" was always there. Later on it accumulated something known as "mine". All this happened naturally. There is no mistake in it and there is nothing wrong with it.

Well, it is good that you don't believe that this me was a mistake. Many people mistakenly think that they were a mistake, and that is rather sad.

Anyway, where did this me that was born come from?
What defined it then?