Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-07-2019, 01:07 PM
Knower
Angry Does the universe try to hinder my spiritual progress?

What led me to this pessimistic question is the interruption that i often face, especially when i am in a spiritual, sleepy and meditative mood. Just when i am about to be fully indulged in meditation, suddenly someone, a family member, a child or an adult, would come to me and disturb me for no good reason. i dont get agitated or anything because i have plenty of patience but still it makes me wonder why did this happen.Was i not doing it right. It felt right to me. So why does the universe, destiny or the creator keeps throwing all these hurdles in my way?
Old 20-07-2019, 01:42 PM
ketzer

Are these disturbers being controlled by a conspiring universe, or do they have free will of their own?
Or
Perhaps, for the moment anyway, there is more to be gained spiritually by engaging with them, then there is through disengaging through meditation.

At any rate, I don't think it is the universe that is conspiring against you.... that would be the Free Masons.
Old 20-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
What led me to this pessimistic question is the interruption that i often face, especially when i am in a spiritual, sleepy and meditative mood. Just when i am about to be fully indulged in meditation, suddenly someone, a family member, a child or an adult, would come to me and disturb me for no good reason. i dont get agitated or anything because i have plenty of patience but still it makes me wonder why did this happen.Was i not doing it right. It felt right to me. So why does the universe, destiny or the creator keeps throwing all these hurdles in my way?
Maybe the Universe is teaching you that you have patience but also that you're paranoid, that when you should be enjoying the company of family members you're dismissive of them because they're hampering what you consider to be Spiritual progress. And if you're doing in it close proximity to others, isn't it common sense to think the chances of not being disturbed are slim? Then again, if they didn't like you very much - in which case your Spirituality would come from an alienated perspective - you'd have all the peace and quiet you needed.

It's probably worth revisiting what the word 'Spiritual' means to you personally.
Old 20-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Not everyone is on the same wave length, there is no conspiracy. Happens 100% of the time. Set some ground rules and thereby create reality. You know I use to interrupt everyone.
Old 20-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Master

What you describe is a very common problem, especially once an aspirant consecrates to a dedicated spiritual practice. And that is no coincidence...

In a way it is a conspiracy (but a divine one) in that there are pervasive conditions as the basis of the evolution, but which also by nature include the unconditional solution as an available part of the same Nature. iow...The same hurdle is also an opportunity to exceed it - and THAT is the actual practice. Part of the learning is in being clever and wise toward the fulfillment of your soul's true intention.

The Cosmic physical reality is fraught with ignorance and inertia.
This inertia is therefore embodied in human beings - including oneself - and it manifests often in various human interactions which may impede progression if there is a passive assent to it.

But for spirituality to be effective and progressive, this inertia has to be superseded, transformed, surpassed, as part of spiritual practice or sadhana...e.g., discipline of some type. This is why all legitimate spiritual paths and teachers advocate a cheerful* positive patient persistence and perseverance as essential to practice.
*(vs. angry, reactive, resentful, etc.)

Another part or a derivation of this same issue can be seen in more assertive aspects of inertia and ignorance whereby those who are threatened (even unconsciously so), may see your spiritual aspiration as a challenge to the status quo of familiar ignorance, conventional behaviours, and attachments - and may unconsciously or even consciously deliberately try to block, divert, discourage, interfere by cleverly confusing, dissuading, distracting, and disparaging (all forms of negativity) not only your particular spiritual quest, but often they may try to invalidate spirituality in general as being worthless, impractical, foolish, etc.

Again, very common. Same prescription, but adding:
Discrimination, discernment, self-examination, and indifference to or detachment from the discouragement are also helpful.

As a practical matter, you may also make it clear to others in your proximity, that you want to pursue some practice, and ask for their support and cooperation; that they avoid contacting you for a specific period of time, that other family members help restrict the young ones, etc. Or, meditate early in the morning before these issues can appear, or find a place where you can find some privacy, etc.. There are creative, practical, or collaborative solutions you could explore whether family members are receptive or not.

You may also invoke the Highest within to assist in creating more necessity and more capacity in dealing with these problems.
That’s also the spiritual way.

Hope this is helpful.

~ J
Old 20-07-2019, 07:14 PM
Master

Quote:

Perhaps the lesson which the universe is trying to teach you is to simply be present with whatever arises.

You have an intention to do a particular thing, in this case, meditation. Something happens to interrupt your intention. You resist that interruption. You want things to be other than they are. Why not just accept the interruption as the reality of the present moment? After all, one reason why people meditate is to learn complete acceptance.

Who knows, maybe when you let go of your intention of what you want to do and simply be present with the reality of your experience in this moment, then perhaps these external interruptions will cease and you can indulge in going within.

Peace.
Old 20-07-2019, 07:59 PM
Master

Therapists (NLP etc.) recommend a two prong approach:
1. accept that nothing "is done" to you; what you feel is "your doing"
2. detach yourself from your situation, and look at it from an "outsider's vantage point"
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-07-2019, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
What you describe is a very common problem, especially once an aspirant consecrates to a dedicated spiritual practice. And that is no coincidence...

In a way it is a conspiracy (but a divine one) in that there are pervasive conditions as the basis of the evolution, but which also by nature include the unconditional solution as an available part of the same Nature. iow...The same hurdle is also an opportunity to exceed it - and THAT is the actual practice. Part of the learning is in being clever and wise toward the fulfillment of your soul's true intention.

The Cosmic physical reality is fraught with ignorance and inertia.
This inertia is therefore embodied in human beings - including oneself - and it manifests often in various human interactions which may impede progression if there is a passive assent to it.

But for spirituality to be effective and progressive, this inertia has to be superseded, transformed, surpassed, as part of spiritual practice or sadhana...e.g., discipline of some type. This is why all legitimate spiritual paths and teachers advocate a cheerful* positive patient persistence and perseverance as essential to practice.
*(vs. angry, reactive, resentful, etc.)

Another part or a derivation of this same issue can be seen in more assertive aspects of inertia and ignorance whereby those who are threatened (even unconsciously so), may see your spiritual aspiration as a challenge to the status quo of familiar ignorance, conventional behaviours, and attachments - and may unconsciously or even consciously deliberately try to block, divert, discourage, interfere by cleverly confusing, dissuading, distracting, and disparaging (all forms of negativity) not only your particular spiritual quest, but often they may try to invalidate spirituality in general as being worthless, impractical, foolish, etc.

Again, very common. Same prescription, but adding:
Discrimination, discernment, self-examination, and indifference to or detachment from the discouragement are also helpful.

As a practical matter, you may also make it clear to others in your proximity, that you want to pursue some practice, and ask for their support and cooperation; that they avoid contacting you for a specific period of time, that other family members help restrict the young ones, etc. Or, meditate early in the morning before these issues can appear, or find a place where you can find some privacy, etc.. There are creative, practical, or collaborative solutions you could explore whether family members are receptive or not.

You may also invoke the Highest within to assist in creating more necessity and more capacity in dealing with these problems.
That’s also the spiritual way.

Hope this is helpful.

~ J
EXACTLY!!!

I am aware of a negative entity attachment draining me and making me ill, but I don't know from whence it comes.

Last night, I was very sick with vertigo, nausea and vomiting, so I decided to lay down and listen to an online exorcism..I was listening to it for about 5 minutes and then, as SOON as it got to the part; "negative vampire demons in the form of family members BEGONE from this soul in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth" my mother rang and this was NO coincidence! A light bulb went off in my head.

It is all about setting intent and letting EVERYONE know, but you must stick to the same schedule or routine for meditation and yoga every day.

People, in general, are about as effing dense as a forest and you cannot get through to them..they are incapable of understanding what "boundaries" and "private time" is, so you have to set a particular time and keep reminding them every day...sometimes two or three times a day or else they will simply forget.

"Between the hours of *insert times here* I will be totally unavailable unless it is a life or death emergency, because I need to do my sadhana/Spiritual practices and to work on being the best version of myself FOR you all".

Pin a notice up on the refrigerator...on the front and back door...announce it over breakfast, lunch and dinner...put it on your telephone answering machine...then, when the time comes, tell everyone again what you are about to do, tell them that you WON'T be disturbed unless the world is coming to an end and that you love them very much.

Then, turn off your phone, lock yourself in a private room and wear earplugs if necessary.

It will take them all about 3 months to get the message that this is "your time" because it takes that long to rewire their brains to accept this.

I also used to bribe others into leaving me alone for that time and this works too "I will give you some candy, take you to the park etc if you don't bother mummy for the next hour, but if you do, all bets are off".

If they are resentful that you are spending an hour or so every day to do your spiritual practice and play the needy, neglected, victim role to try and make you feel guilty so as to lower your vibration down to a certain level, you can rest assured that this ain't a human being you are dealing with.

All the best
Old 21-07-2019, 02:19 AM
Master
Quote:

In the leverage stakes for all of that "attentive emotional triage" as I call it, there are a few cards one can get to play when faced with such methods of sabotage from others, especially family members;

"Don't you want me to be happy? Meditation makes me happy, so I will take any disparagement as a sign that you don't have my best interests at heart".

I guess all of this is the reason why the Indian social system created the Ashramas or the divisions of life/rites of passage.

The saints and Sages of old realised how difficult it must be (if they didn't personally know) to have a job or two, pay off a mortgage, have 3-4 kids under 10, keep their wives happy and manage to also have a social life, let alone do any kind of spiritual practice...this is called the Grihasta Ashrama or "Family Man Life" and Spiritual practice is not advised during this time because it just creates problems in the marriage.

This is why many who are interested in spirituality during their late teens and early 20's in the Brahmacharya Ashrama stage (Student Man Life) become celibate monks, because they realise they won't get another opportunity to do any Spiritual disciplines for the next 30-40 years and they just cannot wait that long.

So yeah, once one is between 55- 60 years, when they have no more responsibilities towards family, they either go off and meditate in a cave somewhere...or go and do some philanthropic or charitable work to help others.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashrama_(stage)
Old 21-07-2019, 03:34 AM
Master
A little about how the Universe works.

Normally, whatever will happen is beyond our control, no matter how many affirmations or trying to "create our own reality" that we do.

Whenever we have preferences and the desire to bend God's laws according to our individual wants and whims, yes it CAN be done, but there is always... ALWAYS a catch and a price to pay and the universe will exact its "pound of flesh" and so, it is called the "law of sacrifice" in that to get anything, something else must be given up.

The Universe is the master of contracts..the universal lawyer..

"Okay, dear one...so I see you would like an hour's privacy every day to do your meditation...I have received your petition...I can give you an hour of privacy every day for the next ten years...however, your lifespan will also be cut by ten years for the privilege of changing this law...do we have a deal?"

This is what Karma means...in a nutshell.