Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Suspended
Near Death Experiences

Sometimes I forget about the inevitability of physical death.
I think part of the reason why most of us get so upset at the death of a loved one is not just about missing the one who passed on,
but it's also reminding us of our own temporary physical existence.

Besides other experiences that taught me that we continue (spiritually) after death, I also find near-death experiences inspiring & comforting.

One of my dearest friends, Amy, told me & wrote about her near-death-experience...
http://www.nderf.org/amy_c_nde_4720.htm

A few concepts stood out to me about her experience...
*There is no religion on the other side... it's all spirituality.
*There is life in all (even in the things around us that seem life-less) because they are created from life.
*There are more perpectives (or dimensions) used to understand life & each other... & how beautiful (& humbling) to really know a person & to be known & understood!
*We are all connected - both living & those passed on.
*What matters most is LOVE - how well we've loved.

What have you learned from near-death-experiences that you've read about or experienced?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Calico Jack

I've learned that I need to figure out who I am before I will ever be content.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Administrator
Helllo

Good question what have I learned from mine.

History of mine I was 21 year's old and at a friends home for her Birthday, I was going home down the back stairs. One minute I was at the top of 18 stairs the next I was at the bottom of them on the sidewalk.

I fell face first down them hitting everyone as I went land smashing onto the sidewalk jaw first. Later finding that I had fractured me jaw and c 4. Shattering all me teeth.

NOW that is horrible I know but too it happened for good reason. I embrace that NDE event now fully. WHY ?

I was at her home an we were "Playing" in the Dark Arts. There is lesson one DO NOT PLAY there. For a time I had a nagging voice at me saying that was not whom I truly was, but I pushed it asside. I know now that was me Guide and I was not listening so a message was given before did real harm in what I was up to.

I was in that moment of me heart stopping a chance to change. Having been regressed into the time of the fall I know that I heard that message. I too know that I had more to be doing. I was given a second chance for a reason.

What did I learn well first off suffering. The pain was unreal for most of a year I ate from a straw. The second thing I learned is that I was housebound a lot so I could not venutre out to "Play" and me mate would have NONE of it in the home.

Third thing I leaned as I recovered more was compassions for one's worse off than me in that I could well be dead or worse paralized. Blessed there not to be. I worked as a volenteer with Speical Needs Adults and Children at the time fo the fall, I felt pitty for them in me heart, what I learned was to shed the pitty and understand their path in life.

I learned what real pain was and that one could live with it and deal day to day, but not always like that. TO not let the bitterness in pain get the best of me.

I learned what the "ablilities" I have were truly for, that was to be there for other's to bring in a possiive LIGHT and at times a message from a passed LOVed one. To undertand the visions I had and work possitivly with them.

I learned to share me with other's.

Lynn
Old 10-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Jack
I've learned that I need to figure out who I am before I will ever be content.
Hi, Calico Jack... Would you explain this ^ more?
I can see how finding peace involves an awareness of the thoughts that create pain & those that create joy.
BTW, welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I leaned as I recovered more was compassions for one's worse off than me in that I could well be dead or worse paralized. Blessed there not to be. I worked as a volenteer with Speical Needs Adults and Children at the time fo the fall, I felt pitty for them in me heart, what I learned was to shed the pitty and understand their path in life.

I learned what real pain was and that one could live with it and deal day to day, but not always like that. TO not let the bitterness in pain get the best of me.

I learned what the "ablilities" I have were truly for, that was to be there for other's to bring in a possiive LIGHT and at times a message from a passed LOVed one. To undertand the visions I had and work possitivly with them.

I learned to share me with other's. Lynn
Lynn, Thanks for sharing such beautiful lessons!
I can relate in a way - it almost broke my heart, to see some in pain... but I realized that too much sympathy or even empathy can cloud understanding & compassion.

I love what you menteiond about understanding your abilities & gifts not only to feel loved, but also to love.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Stormweaver

Im really glad to hear that there is no religion on the other side.
Because if there is, I'd not want to go there.

Here on earth, religion wars is more than enough to live with.

When I get people who knock on me door at home trying to pursuade me to join their religion, I just close the door in their face.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:11 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormweaver
Im really glad to hear that there is no religion on the other side.
Because if there is, I'd not want to go there.

Here on earth, religion wars is more than enough to live with.

When I get people who knock on me door at home trying to pursuade me to join their religion, I just close the door in their face.
My brother could've been one. They mean well & often are going out on their own dime. But I know what you mean - & how sad it is when religion misses the point.

Today, like most Sundays, I went to church, but I don't believe it's the only way, like it's taught. I also am learning to see the deeper meaning in scriptures that are often taken literally.
I'm learning to "live & let live" - to find ways to relate, but to be ok about differences. Not easy, I admit... but the alternative is breaking off relationships, which are important to me.
I haven't been to the temple for a while. Most of my experiences there, weren't spiritual, except for one, which was powerful for others too.

I think religion can be & ideally is, a tool full of symbolism, to help us resonate. Even Buddha encouraged his followers to stick with the religion of their youth, because it is often what they resonate with, or which helps them feel spiritual feelings most. I think the more aware we become, we realize there are many perspectives & ways of resonating... or many ways to God... that it's not just one religion, but it's all spiritual.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Master
By being open to those twosomes who come to one's door, you have the opportunity to 'turn the tables' on them, with love, of course, it could open their eyes to another better way.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 AM
Master
There was a little old german lady who used to come knocking on my door for Jehovah's Witnesses and she and I used to sit on my steps and chat for the longest time, it was really an instant brief friendship and it was so nice.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Master
Btw, Perspective, reading Amy's NDE experience had me crying, and reminding me about my son and what is happening with him, now.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Suspended
Silvergirl,
That's true - about turning the tables. I remember once, when I was really researching about my church because I was supposed to teach a lesson to the ladies on Sunday...
& Jehova Witnesses came by. I was so excited & told them all that I had been learning & they're like, "Ok, well, we'll be going now." lol
But it is nice to discuss spiritual matters, & to realize how we can relate - there's always some common ground.

I'm so glad Amy's NDE touched you like that, Silvergirl.
I often think about you & pray for your comfort.