Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-10-2018, 03:46 AM
Knower

Why do we exist?

So, in a channeled session with my highest spirit guide, they said that yes, I can heal from my depression in this lifetime. I asked what I needed to do in order to heal, and they said to continue following my career and passion (which I expected), but also that I must answer the question "Why do we exist?" (which I did not expect). I suppose I should've expected it....its always been my question, after all. In some form or another, I've always been asking this question.

I know its a silly question to ask...and that I've asked it here multiple times, using different words. But its my path to healing, so....

What do you think? Why is it that we exist? What illusive reason could possibly be out there that would make my suffering, or anybody's suffering, worth it? I'm kind of at a loss as to how to proceed with what my guide said. All I can think of doing is asking others what they think about it.
Old 24-10-2018, 06:44 AM
Master

If you didn't exist then the universe/world in which you exist wouldn't.
Old 24-10-2018, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
What illusive reason could possibly be out there that would make my suffering, or anybody's suffering, worth it?
To learn compassion. Experiencing pain has opened my eyes to others and their pain; has taught me to understand and have compassion for the pain others experience. All creation is love. We are here to experience and evolve love in all its manifestations.
Old 24-10-2018, 08:04 AM
Master
Quote:
I know its a silly question to ask...and that I've asked it here multiple times, using different words. But its my path to healing, so....
The story of the healing of the Grail King (thanks to davidsun for the link), and the alchemical magic in asking the question:

http://portalofconsciousness.com/the-story-of-parsifal/
Old 24-10-2018, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
So, in a channeled session with my highest spirit guide, they said that yes, I can heal from my depression in this lifetime. I asked what I needed to do in order to heal, and they said to continue following my career and passion (which I expected), but also that I must answer the question "Why do we exist?" (which I did not expect). I suppose I should've expected it....its always been my question, after all. In some form or another, I've always been asking this question.

What do you think? Why is it that we exist? What illusive reason could possibly be out there that would make my suffering, or anybody's suffering, worth it? I'm kind of at a loss as to how to proceed with what my guide said. All I can think of doing is asking others what they think about it.

The question of all question, and in my understanding, no one can answer it for you. You can have a hundred or more answers and and all can be right, from one's personal perspective.
This is your personal conundrum.

Perhaps it is more about, how can you as spirit convince the body/mind to trust you and come along with you, without trowing sticks between you legs on your way forward.
Old 24-10-2018, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Perhaps it is more about, how can you as spirit convince the body/mind to trust you and come along with you.
When the dust settles, and all is said and done, this is it exactly. The question though is how does one get there? If one is currently stuck in confusion, how does one get clear and come to that clarity? That's where others' personal stories and views come into play. They can offer insights that inspire and awaken one's understanding.
Old 24-10-2018, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:

To learn we need not suffer. To learn we do suffer. To learn we can be many things or just be nothing other than just be. To learn lots of things that interest you, to realize we are part of the life creation and we co exist with all life. To deepen our understanding of ourselves, others, life itself. Or just that we exist because we exist as part of why everything exists. Creation holds the answers to itself. You are part of creation. Understanding your not your suffering, but something beyond suffering can also be learned. While you suffer its hard to know that you do not need suffer, until you learn the nature of yourself deeper and often the question of why is that we exist will arise when your seeking to develop a greater picture to move beyond what you only know in the moment you ask it. When you ask that kind of question, you look for a reason to live for yourself beyond suffering. Not just live, but live with a awareness that life is a gift and to truly enjoy it, you have to find a centred peaceful place within, that says, you can live and live fully in ways where you end suffering and find more joy in life instead.
Old 24-10-2018, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:

For what its worth, here's the conclusion I came to (summary-quoted from the I book wrote) - happy contemplating:
"Even the simplest cases of what’s called gravitational attraction provide perfect illustration, if viewed without prejudice. Bodies of matter-energy must move themselves, for nothing really pushes or pulls them one towards the other.a And they must perceive both presence and relative location, else they could not attempt to move as they do, with an acceleration pro*portionate to the mass and proximity and in the direction of coexisting others.

Electromagnetic and nuclear interactions, where repulsion occurs as well, are additionally revealing. Ongoing scientific investigation has led us to understand the fact that sense perceptions are basically ‘gross’ acknowledgments, and that everything is fundamentally a wave-form and nothing is actually solid at core. So, besides there being no substantive means to constitutionally link those bodies which form conglomerates, there is no real ‘boundary’ that so‑called objects bump into when they apparently bounce off one another. The only inference this permits, if one has enough courage and faith in Life not to invent extrinsic agency as a false postulate, is that the movements that bodies make and the stations they take result from the impulses and choices of discerning, autogenic ‘interiors’.

The direction and purpose of such inherent power and intentionality can be deduced from the cumulation and trend of results which have so far occurred. Progressively, the creative essence of Being has conspired to form an array of what, because of our material orientation, we’ve called ‘sub-atomic particles’; these have interacted and engaged in such ways as to produce ‘electrons’, ‘protons’ and ‘neutrons’ which, in turn, have combined to create the various ‘atoms’ and ‘molecules’ we have become familiar with; and these, through more concerted effort, have coalesced into cellular and multi-cellular units, in stages, generating ever more complex aggregations of body, mind and spirit—the whole hierarchy and procession we know as Life.

In ascending sequence, with prior developments integrated and built upon, ‘bodies’ have become more coordinated, ‘spirits’ more potent, ‘minds’ more perceptive, resident Intelligence more designful and adept. Even what some call ‘simple’ single-celled organisms are architectural masters capable of cognizing, culling and compiling environ*mental ingredients so as to reproduce themselves and further their particular line of development. Each succeeding level of integration further demonstrates the aim of the impetus inherent within all being—that is, to seek and establish cooperative affiliation with suitable others in order to enhance creativity and increase the degree of intelligent actualization.

Life’s evolutionary accomplishments in such pursuit are extremely varied in range and infinitely diverse; and, because of the involuted nature of their interconnectedness and interdependence, the ways in which its many forms and levels are related cannot be simply stated. Generally speaking, however, one might say that ‘lesser’ combinations of body, mind and spirit tend to be incorporated by, and serve to sustain, those more comprehensively developed. With their more energized spirits, more mobile bodies and more dimensional minds, for example, animals prevail over vegetation for the most part; and the more capable among them prevail over the rest.

Members of our species stand at the peak of a fantastic living pyramid, borne by the earth and sustained by energy continually streaming from the sun. Cresting a progression that has taken place over aeons and ages,a we have emerged ascendant, capable of much more than great physical dexterity and coordination. Our laughter and our tears demonstrate, in dimensions of Mind and Spirit, how far beyond its other earthly manifestations Intelligence has developed in the process of becoming human."
Also, touching on the issue of pain, death, etc., an excerpt from what I am writing now:
"There have been countless major and minor instances of such negligence and usurpation on the part of self-proclaimed ‘believers’ (not just out and out ‘unbelievers’) over the course of history which you probably know about as a result of what you’ve heard and read, as well as many I’m sure you’ve personally experienced or at least witnessed in the context of your present lifetime (some of these, because of your own immaturities, undoubtedly even perpetrated by ‘you’ yourself!). In macroscopic consequence, as a result of increasing numbers of people and the mechanisms they deploy basically being pleasure-pain principle driven to ‘feed’ off of and ‘serve’ to amplify the growth of unsustainable socioeconomic pyramid schemes that aggregately consume and pollute more than they contribute to and nurture, and so end up degrading to the point where they finally completely disrupt, the organic health and well-flowing of the systemic matrix which is their earthly ‘home’. As is clearly the case confronting everyone of us here now, despite the inherent munificence of Life’s Flow and the many Life‑augmenting contributions and services additionally provided by Love and Joy devoted others within it over the course of time, waves of social and ecosystemic decay and destruction then metastatically ripple and richochet around our planet and, as their effects reinforce one another, build to a catastrophically devastating climax.

Historically, many have imaginatively projected such kinds of events, which periodically decimate the ranks of a dominant but still mostly selfishly motivated species, to be the expression of the ‘wrath’ of an all-powerful God who ‘judges’ the bulk of humanity to be ‘sinful’ and ‘deserving’ of severe ‘punishment’ as a result of the majority of people not appropriately ‘heeding’ and ‘obeying’ his ‘edicts’, etc. But, as I hope what’s said in this chapter helps make clear, the desolation that is wrought is just the result of many souls psychospiritually ‘stumbling’ and ‘falling’ and (so) ‘hurting’ themselves and and ‘suffering’ setbacks en masse because they haven’t yet developed to the point where they holistically understand and embrace, and so conscientiously act ‘in accord’ with, the fact that they and others around them, including every aspect of their planetary environment, are not separate aspects of Life, but really an integral part of the expressive Life-Flow of a self-and-other inclusive Cosmic Being.

The second thing which I wish to emphasize in case you are one who is still naive in this regard is that the pain and loss (then widely!) shared and suffered in the course of the consequent apocalypse, as terrifying and horrible as they may strike you as being, is not something to be either feared or lamented (not really, that is). It is the very unavoidability of such experience that cracks people’s ego‑shells open by rendering pleasure maximizing and pain minimizing schemes and operations moot. Though self-gratifying physiological and social support systems as well as imaginative projections which lead a person to believe and so emotionally anticipate that he or she will if not now at least experience relief, ease, fulfillment, happiness, etc. in the future may indeed be Love and Joy sustaining up to a point, the fact remains that soulfully encountering and learning to creatively ‘surf’ and ‘navigate’ the trials and tribulations that are, in the final analysis, inescapable aspects of the experience of living ‘in’ a physically limited, temporally transient body which is subject to pain, loss, defeat, death, etc. are absolutely necessary for the kind of awareness expansion and emotional growth spoken of in this chapter to be situationally ‘called for’ and so, as a possible response in the context of said predicament, ‘issue forth’. A soul’s capacity for spiritual fortitude and interpersonal empathy for instance would never develop otherwise, albeit these are just a couple of a whole host of potential psychospiritual capabilities which must (I am just speaking pragmatically now, not implying any ‘should’ in this regard) be developed and devotionally deployed in service of Life Itself for a nodal soul to transcendentally emerge from the ‘womb’ of its embryonic other-dependency and infantile selfishness.*

* Here’s a fable worth thinking about in this regard: “God ‘gives’ one every (kind of) thing one could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then one by one takes these away from you, until all that is left (that is, should one then choose to be and continue so) is the Love and Joy one was thereby soulfully introduced to, which is Life Itself*!”
Old 24-10-2018, 06:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
If you didn't exist then the universe/world in which you exist wouldn't.

I've never understood how this can said. Can you explain what it means the world/universe wouldn't exist. What about the biological (physical) process many more are never born then born, yet the universe/world exist in spite of not being here.
Old 25-10-2018, 02:01 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Such questions are very complicated but also very simple. Answers are endless and subjective.