Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 25-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Seeker

1st memorable dreams & significance of dreaming

I remember being little and having nightmares, often thinking i was awake id get out of bed and walk to 1 of my 2 bedroom windows, just that one always scared me but in the beginning I'd walk to it anyway, and different demonic entities popping up and scaring me or I'd get sucked out, the details are hard to remember all these years later. I'd have scary dreams I'd be stuck in and it seemed impossible for me to really wake up. Sometimes Id just shut my eyes and scream or I'd wake up multiple times. It didn't happen more than usual, I think most kids go through this early in life. Then one day I was being chased by something, I can't remember the details or what it was but I clearly remember turning to it and standing up to whatever it was exclaiming "I'm not scared of you" and since then I've never had a nightmare since.

I'm not entirely sure why me or any kid goes through this 'initiation', it seems necessary on some level for some reason but it's interesting some peoples nightmares continue into adulthood and even get worse while others outgrow it. I believe the entities in my dreams back then while blurry were very real, there to remind me that while I may not remember what came before this life, that there are other dark dimensions that exist on this plane. I believe while I was in dream state there were most definitely angels of some sort protecting me, and subconsciously as scared as I was i think I knew that they were with me and I couldn't be harmed. Not everybody has that protection, some people are harmed and it's very scary to realize that it's completely possible.

I now keep a dream journal, seems dreaming is not as vivid as when you're a kid. I've found since I started eating right and especially lots of dark leafy greens my dreams have been more vivid and I'm having them every night. I have friends that are on all kinds of Rx medicines and explain to me they don't dream. It's sad. I've heard people that smoke green lose sight of dreams but when I smoked over the year daily I was still getting dreams come in loud and clear. I personally have never put much stock in dream interpretation, I've analyzed my dreams over the past year and a half and I've concluded they aren't anything more than random thoughts based on what happened the night before. This maybe different for different people, especially those more tuned into their psychic abilities. A girl I knew whose grandmother was a psychic was a firm believer that her dreams had some deep meaning but when she told them to me I just saw her twisting the interpretation to give significance to her belief. Of course what they meant to her is more important than what they meant to me. I was never intended to be the receiver and I can only speak on behalf of my own dreams.

What do you think? Are dreams really that significant for everyone or if they aren't significant for one person do you think they can become more relatable to 'real life' over time or is does it just depend on the person? hmm..
Old 25-01-2018, 11:59 PM
Pathfinder

I don't know whether dreams are extremely significant to everyone; but, there are dreams I've had in the past that have stuck with me for years. I still can't figure them out. I feel like there is a reason for how profound they are...whether I can explain their significance or not.

In my case, I've been trying to keep a closer eye on what I'm dreaming about. I feel like I can gain more insight into my waking life if I do.

As for dreams feeling like "real life" I've had dream that have shown me bits and pieces of my future. Nothing significant, but nonetheless have left me with a sense of deja vu. There is one dream I had awhile ago, and I can swear it's connected to my future. I don't have any proof, but it felt so real I can't deny it's importance.
Old 27-01-2018, 01:32 PM
Seeker

what happened in the dream?
Old 30-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Master
there's a way of looking at life that describes souls as entering into physical
incarnation from some other realm. the idea that struck me about your
childhood nightmares was the possibility that you'd been drawn through
the wrong portal when your soul became manifest xXeNeRGy86Xx.
the thing that had attracted you to the notion of earthly life was visible
through that nearby window, but you'd been drawn into a similar though
'darker' reality, where 'evil things' may lurk just around the corner.
[your soul was likely delighted by a more idyllic version of earthly life.]

the thing is that those two views are of the same place. you'd been brought
into that darker version so that you might be a cause for changing the
perspectives present here into that better version of things. you wouldn't
have come if you weren't sufficiently prepared to accomplish that task.

i figure that typical waking life is full of it's own specific challenges for
most people... the dream worlds can be a great place to receive information
which doesn't fit into furthering those agendas (and in reconnecting us to our
'greater purpose', beyond what we busy ourselves with during wakefulness).