Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 05-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Polar

Mirror staring and deep trance like state

One type of meditation I’ve been recently using to help me calm and center myself is mirror staring.

I read about the process some time ago, that by starring for up to 40min each night you will be presented with visions of different but similar faces of yourself and that the process is slowly peeling away your own inner sense of identity.

I've had some similar experiences which lead to seeing future images of myself as an old man and even my death face but I’ve had other forms of visions and phenomenon happen to me during these meditations which are far more interesting and disturbing.

When i stare into a mirror I can also try to focus each of my eyes to look into their opposites. The problem with this action is we have a dominating eye, only one eye sees into the other at a time (I could shift focus back and forth but never both in focus at the same moment). Recently i have somehow brought myself to see through both eyes equally - which was shocking at first. I have managed to have both eyes see each other at the same moment (each pupile stand out as a black hole into something undifinable) and it causes a very strange state of mind in me. It’s like i have become two people and no-one at the same time. more disturbing is that I can make it happen with 100% consistency - when i reach a point where both my left eye and right eye are both aware of each-other, my mind disconnects from my body and an automatic calming effect, almost a deathly calm falls over my whole physical and visceral sense of self. My mind is cut from the internal and external sense of myself and i just observe myself like i am without a body.

The act is so automatic it disturbs me to some extent. I worry that i could pass out maintaining such a trance like state – my puls slows down a lot! Does anyone understand what is happening or knows of similar state in other forums of meditation?

Can anyone share ideas on safety and what long term effect would happen if I maintained this state to learn more about myself?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 AM
mattie

No Need To Fear

You seem to be very concerned about this w/ words like ‘disturbs’ & ‘deathly calm.’ You can explore these feelings & states w/o any concern for your safety as in harming your self, physically or nonphysically. It is very common for new energetic experiences to be unsettling, even when we've been trying to have them. As you continue do these you'll find the effects become something that is expected & they lose the uncertainty that often fuels fear about them.

I doubt you will pass out, but use common sense & if you feel excessively woozy, sit or lay down. Or do the meditation exercise already seated so if you passed out you wouldn’t fall. Many experienced meditation masters have learned to slow down their pulse rate significantly when meditating.

Worrying about the What Ifs will keep you at a fairly low frequency, preventing you from exploring, so actively move past these fears. Our life force is VERY firmly connected to our physical body, so don’t worry about exploring unfamiliar situations. For millennia millions around the world have meditated, exploring the same territory, & found it to be a rewarding experience. Have fun w/ it.

Give your self credit for reaching out to find some answers about something that is unsettling to you. This is an empowered step to seek information instead is just staying fearful.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM
PEACE

Hi ive done this and i would like to ask you if you have seen your face dissapear,only for a few seconds but your left looking at eyes in the mirror and do you see aura colours around your image?these are things that i have had happen love and lightxxxx
Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Polar

Peace, I've had similar experiences as you've described.

Face disappearing has just begun to happen; It’s like the final truth in identity shows how you are nothing but a collection of beliefs and ideas.
In the end when your body is gone and all that remains are your actions which continue to reside in the physical world - your legacy is the universal mind.

When I see my face change, it’s now of myself rapidly aging, i watch myself grow old and slowly watch my life force fade from my eyes. To sit and watch your own mortality display itself with such brutality is both difficult and beautiful, it makes me both sad and relived that I know I am part of something larger and that I have my place in time and that time is limited.

Death is as much my reality as life, I cannot guarantee I will live for even an iota beyond the next second and it strikes a chord in me that you really must live everyday as it’s your last with beauty and integrity.