Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Greenslade

I've just got my degree form the Uri Geller School of Advanced Spoon-bending and now I'm going to slap that bald kid in the Martix for telling me there are no spoons. That couldn't be said anywhere else for fear of pointy-finger wierdo-weirdo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta_synthesis
Your quote caught my eye as I was reading your post again, to feel the overflow of love...

Right, so I don't get it. You say humans are illogical. That is a statement.
Now that we have established that....
.... you follow it up by saying, it's therefore illogical to expect them to act logically.
But wouldn't that be a logical conclusion to draw from your statement?
One would therefore have to be logical , in order to draw a logical conclusion.
And thus, collapse the entire premise of your original statement?
*scratches head*

I'd rather have a beer than discuss this.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Tell your daughter I said hi *winks*

I did as you 'said' meta ... she said 'Hi whoever you are" She liked your pic ... she said you reminded her of a male version of herself
Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Shen Mashel

I post because i want it too.I believe i must get involved and share my experiences and thoughts cus it might help someone :)
Old 01-11-2010, 11:13 PM
meta_synthesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I've just got my degree form the Uri Geller School of Advanced Spoon-bending and now I'm going to slap that bald kid in the Martix for telling me there are no spoons. That couldn't be said anywhere else for fear of pointy-finger wierdo-weirdo.

I'd rather have a beer than discuss this.

No Kidding!!!!

It was entirely weak.

I'd like to sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, apologize to summerland. I'll do it here, just because I have a lot say and since it comes a genuine place within me, it matters not what people think, and thus makes no difference weather it is done in "private" or here openly. I only post it here as I have a feeling a lot is going to come out of me.....

So, a horrible feeling came over me. When I realized what I had done.

Just a feeling of revolt.

When you see something in yourself you didn't before, and don't like it, and want to change it, but know you can't, because IT IS.

Quickly the mind scrambles, how to fix it, or cover it up, what.. wwwwhat to do?? What to do?? In the first few seconds it's very confused. It's not sure where to turn, what to do, run or stay? Run where? it's so dazed and stunned it's not even really aware of what it is trying to flee, even that it is trying to flee. Confusion and dread is all that exists. A feeling of "not good, do_not_want."

Slowly it dies off, the smoke clears, and you have the choice to look at it squarely, or run away from it.

I choose to look. My goal is truth, love, awareness, honesty. If I choose anything other than that, it means I am operating though and in ignorance.

So it's a pretty sickening thing, to see what a monster I can be. I never saw myself as a bully before, never saw myself in that light, now I do. I do because it's clear as day for me to see. Because it's the truth.

I have nothing to say in defense in myself. I take full responsibility for the way I acted and treated my dear teacher, my dear self. I can only look up at her with tearful eyes, and ask she may find it in her heart to forgive me. I do not feel at all worthy of her forgiveness, I can only hope for it. I feel what I have done is the most unspeakable act imaginable. There is much shame and embarrassment.

It is called UNAWARENESS. Being so full of my own stuff, my own inflated sense of self, so wrapped up in my own silly little "I'm the bomb, look at me" experience, wanting and caring only to appear and look Smart and funny, I failed to see what I was doing. I NEVER ONCE, NOT A SINGLE TIME, IMAGINED WHAT SHE WOULD EXPERIENCE UPON READING THAT POST. Why? Cuz I don't care. As I said in my post. So why would I? And that's a problem. But now I do care. In this case, this case in front of me, right here and right now, the only "case" there is.

Summerland, thank you. I have nothing here I can find within myself but total acceptance, love, honor, and deep appreciation for your bringing to light how my words can affect someone. And Greenslade!!! Thank you as well, thank you dearly, for bringing all this to my attention in a wonderfully eloquent way. My head was too far up my you-know-what to have any perspective. I didn't even have a single foot on the ground.

I also got a PM today from a friend here. Asking why I was so hard on celery.

I was....

STUNNED! Shocked, stunned, silence.

WHAT! My reality teetered for a second, got a little uneasy, how could this be? How could anyone not CLEARLY see I was JOKING with her, having a little light-hearted fun? I, in the briefest of brief ways, had PMed celery last night, confused. Here is a portion of it:

Your message was confusing to me.

It was almost like, you didn't understand I was joking and teasing you. That you didn't understand I actually love you and your energy.

When you clearly had to. Because you're not stupid, lol. (I like to keep it real, hahaha)

So it was totally confusing to me. It's almost like you're saying, I failed, like it was some test, and it's WORDS that count, and even if it was clearly a joke to me, actions are the only true indicator ? Or am I totally off. I have no idea. I am very confused.

As you can see, I had made her WRONG. Why? Because she is NOT IN MY HEAD.... but her own. How is one supposed to know my intention, or how I view what I do, what I consider obvious? I mistakenly assumed if something is CLEAR AS DAY obvious to me, even though it is not spelled out, then anyone who is even remotely intelligent will see it the same way. If they fail to see it how I perceive it, they are either stupid, or unaware - in either case, wrong.

The PM that asked me why I was so hard on her, came from a poster here who I quickly spotted as one aware bird. Highly evolved. So I instantly had great respect. To see the words on the screen via the PM, WOW! Right in front of me, it was unbelievable but.. it's right there, each time I blink, it remained on the screen. Because I know this person is SMART, much smarter than I am, and if they didn't get it, it throws my entire "default" resting point into question. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I paused. And I looked. And I saw, my story of how something goes down, the play-by-play that includes how others are going to view the same event, the certainty that is there but not seen because it is a *given* and overlooked because it is CERTAIN, precluding any chance of it being in question now or ever, IS MY OWN SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE AND NOTHING MORE.

Enforcing my subjective reality upon others who have their very own subjective reality, can only be experienced as a downfall and an error, because the two never come in direct contact, never touch each other. One is coming from a completely different reality, no matter how much it may APPEAR they experience reality in the same fundamental way. It only ever exists as a subjective assumption. One that in the end will lead to confusion because its not grounded in truth or reality.

Celery, it was only my intention to have playful fun with you. Thank you also for being my teacher. I am sincerely sorry for any confusion I may have caused and whatever resulted from that. In the future I am going to try to be more aware and not get so full of myself that I think I'm actually better than another human being. And thus be in complete delusion.

Robbie
Old 01-11-2010, 11:35 PM
arive nan

Meta, you remind me of several people I know. Some I absolutely adore. And one whom I despise. Well, maybe two...

But one of the ones who I adore makes jokes like that all the time. To some extent you have to know this about him in order to not be offended. He had the habit of randomly switching to a different account with a different screen name without telling anyone. (It was a completely unmoderated forum) So at first I would sometimes feel offended by posts made with his newer accounts. And then at some point during the argument I'd figure out who it was I was mad at and all the anger would completely dissolve upon that realisation even before he PMed apologies.

What's my point? I'm trying to figure that out. A bit tipsy right now.. Anyway, I think maybe some people would need to know what your sense of humor is and who you are before they would see that these sort of posts are just jokes when it's you who's posting them..
Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Summerland

Quote:
No Kidding!!!!

It was entirely weak.

I'd like to sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, apologize to summerland. I'll do it here, just because I have a lot say and since it comes a genuine place within me, it matters not what people think, and thus makes no difference weather it is done in "private" or here openly. I only post it here as I have a feeling a lot is going to come out of me.....

So, a horrible feeling came over me. When I realized what I had done.

Just a feeling of revolt.

When you see something in yourself you didn't before, and don't like it, and want to change it, but know you can't, because IT IS.

Quickly the mind scrambles, how to fix it, or cover it up, what.. wwwwhat to do?? What to do?? In the first few seconds it's very confused. It's not sure where to turn, what to do, run or stay? Run where? it's so dazed and stunned it's not even really aware of what it is trying to flee, even that it is trying to flee. Confusion and dread is all that exists. A feeling of "not good, do_not_want."

Slowly it dies off, the smoke clears, and you have the choice to look at it squarely, or run away from it.

I choose to look. My goal is truth, love, awareness, honesty. If I choose anything other than that, it means I am operating though and in ignorance.

So it's a pretty sickening thing, to see what a monster I can be. I never saw myself as a bully before, never saw myself in that light, now I do. I do because it's clear as day for me to see. Because it's the truth.

I have nothing to say in defense in myself. I take full responsibility for the way I acted and treated my dear teacher, my dear self. I can only look up at her with tearful eyes, and ask she may find it in her heart to forgive me. I do not feel at all worthy of her forgiveness, I can only hope for it. I feel what I have done is the most unspeakable act imaginable. There is much shame and embarrassment.

It is called UNAWARENESS. Being so full of my own stuff, my own inflated sense of self, so wrapped up in my own silly little "I'm the bomb, look at me" experience, wanting and caring only to appear and look Smart and funny, I failed to see what I was doing. I NEVER ONCE, NOT A SINGLE TIME, IMAGINED WHAT SHE WOULD EXPERIENCE UPON READING THAT POST. Why? Cuz I don't care. As I said in my post. So why would I? And that's a problem. But now I do care. In this case, this case in front of me, right here and right now, the only "case" there is.

Summerland, thank you. I have nothing here I can find within myself but total acceptance, love, honor, and deep appreciation for your bringing to light how my words can affect someone. And Greenslade!!! Thank you as well, thank you dearly, for bringing all this to my attention in a wonderfully eloquent way. My head was too far up my you-know-what to have any perspective. I didn't even have a single foot on the ground.

I also got a PM today from a friend here. Asking why I was so hard on celery.

I was....

STUNNED! Shocked, stunned, silence.

WHAT! My reality teetered for a second, got a little uneasy, how could this be? How could anyone not CLEARLY see I was JOKING with her, having a little light-hearted fun? I, in the briefest of brief ways, had PMed celery last night, confused. Here is a portion of it:

Your message was confusing to me.

It was almost like, you didn't understand I was joking and teasing you. That you didn't understand I actually love you and your energy.

When you clearly had to. Because you're not stupid, lol. (I like to keep it real, hahaha)

So it was totally confusing to me. It's almost like you're saying, I failed, like it was some test, and it's WORDS that count, and even if it was clearly a joke to me, actions are the only true indicator ? Or am I totally off. I have no idea. I am very confused.

As you can see, I had made her WRONG. Why? Because she is NOT IN MY HEAD.... but her own. How is one supposed to know my intention, or how I view what I do, what I consider obvious? I mistakenly assumed if something is CLEAR AS DAY obvious to me, even though it is not spelled out, then anyone who is even remotely intelligent will see it the same way. If they fail to see it how I perceive it, they are either stupid, or unaware - in either case, wrong.

The PM that asked me why I was so hard on her, came from a poster here who I quickly spotted as one aware bird. Highly evolved. So I instantly had great respect. To see the words on the screen via the PM, WOW! Right in front of me, it was unbelievable but.. it's right there, each time I blink, it remained on the screen. Because I know this person is SMART, much smarter than I am, and if they didn't get it, it throws my entire "default" resting point into question. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I paused. And I looked. And I saw, my story of how something goes down, the play-by-play that includes how others are going to view the same event, the certainty that is there but not seen because it is a *given* and overlooked because it is CERTAIN, precluding any chance of it being in question now or ever, IS MY OWN SUBJECTIVE EXPERIENCE AND NOTHING MORE.

Enforcing my subjective reality upon others who have their very own subjective reality, can only be experienced as a downfall and an error, because the two never come in direct contact, never touch each other. One is coming from a completely different reality, no matter how much it may APPEAR they experience reality in the same fundamental way. It only ever exists as a subjective assumption. One that in the end will lead to confusion because its not grounded in truth or reality.

Celery, it was only my intention to have playful fun with you. Thank you also for being my teacher. I am sincerely sorry for any confusion I may have caused and whatever resulted from that. In the future I am going to try to be more aware and not get so full of myself that I think I'm actually better than another human being. And thus be in complete delusion.

Robbie

Meta, first let me explain my signature quote. Since you wrote such a in-depth post to me, I am going to assume that you are sincere. My ex-husband had a gambling /drug habit. I found out that he had spent 3 months worth of mortgage money on these habits. I am sitting in the front room in the middle of the night,trying to figure out the reason that he would steal from his own family and put them in danger of being homeless. I heard a voice very clearly outside of my head say those words. It was a very profound moment because it is so true. Even tho we all know that humans do not act logically, yet we still are shocked when we find out that they can be SO ILLOGICAL. When we hear of someone doing something so out of character the first thing we always say is"WHY would he/she do that? Commit suicide by driving into the lake with her two children locked in the car with her? Why?" Hence my signature quote.
Logically, I should not even have answered since you clearly stated that you were not interested. Yet at the same time as saying that, you asked why we post. Clearly illogical. No apology is needed, however. You said that you didn't care on a personal level, so I did not take offense.
It seems as though you have grown quite a bit by posting about your surface self. And perhaps that was the intent of your "Higher Self"
I suppose what shocked me was that you were getting all these spiritual, loving replies. People were answering from a place of love and caring, really opening to you. Me? I am more about being logical, even tho I am on a spiritual journey.No reason that logic and spirituality can't travel together on occasion.

So all in all, Robbie, thank you for the apology. No hard feelings about any of it on my part. It is all part of the journey, don't you think? Summerland
Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 PM
celery

@meta_synthesis

Ignoring an honest apology is, in my humble opinion, one of the meanest things someone can do (as I have seen here in the past, way before the server breakdown). I just read your post, and I will just say that there are no teachers, only students (we all), What you learn is only betwen you and yourself.

As you might have noticed from my previous post, I didn't hold any grudge, and I'm quite sure that, in the future, I won't either, so please feel free to be part of this community as long as you want. I cannot forgive you because as far as I'm concerned, there was never an offense to begin with (I never took any). But if you feel like there's any need to be forgiven, just for the peace of mind, then I accept them.

Keep walking.

Sincerely,

Last edited by celery : 02-11-2010 at 12:59 PM.