Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 26-01-2012, 06:57 PM
mac

Wow I've rattled away this morning (it is here) and for all you readers may I offer a suggestion? Whatever you're reading in this forum, ask yourself if the writer is a Spiritualist or knows anything about Modern Spiritualism. before you each any conclusions what Spiritualism is about.

One thing it's not about is spirituality....
Old 26-01-2012, 07:31 PM
deepsea

I have answered many good posts on here with one answer as my internet is playing up.
(On one minute and off the next.)

It is great to read so many opinions on the subject of Spiritualism.
All very polite in giving very strong opinions,the way I prefer it.
My opinion is this,I am a strong supporter of Spiritualism,have had many small experiences so do not need to be convinced that there is a life after physical death.

All posts related in politeness and good will.

Reason being,as we all are,I should imagine,on other spiritualist sites.
I have witnessed battles,vicious and angry remarks which diverts from the subject which is being discussed.
Not that we should bow and and scrape to each other,I love a good hearty discussion the same as anyone else.
Up with Spiritual Forums!
Love you all!

Deepsea
Old 27-01-2012, 01:14 AM
Master
I think its funny people have grouped together and claimed 'spiritualizm' as their own religion. I remember this speech.

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised; nor should any organisation be formed to lead or coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organise a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organise it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallised; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others ~ krishnamurti

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/k_pathless.htm
Old 27-01-2012, 01:22 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think its funny people have grouped together and claimed 'spiritualizm' as their own religion. I remember this speech.

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised; nor should any organisation be formed to lead or coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organise a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organise it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallised; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others ~ krishnamurti

Well actually there's been no grouping of people to claim Spiritualism as their own - Spiritualism belongs to no-one and is there for anyone who cares to take what it has to offer.

Based on what you've written, I suspect (please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong) that you're not a Spiritualist and haven't learned anything about Spiritualism. Take a look around this forum and you'll find a simple explanation in one of the recent threads....
Old 27-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
No belief Robbie, that's where you are going way wrong mate (the times you have been told)
Find the evidence of survival first and then have a look at 'Spiritualism'. Some find the evidence though from the inside looking out. Up to the individual I guess.
Don't expect a discussion on this from me again Rob. It's been done to death (no pun)

Good work re that other thing. Cheers bud.

G
Sorry Glenos but it is a belief, any organized religion is a belief, an ideology.
Old 27-01-2012, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Well actually there's been no grouping of people to claim Spiritualism as their own - Spiritualism belongs to no-one and is there for anyone who cares to take what it has to offer.

Based on what you've written, I suspect (please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong) that you're not a Spiritualist and haven't learned anything about Spiritualism. Take a look around this forum and you'll find a simple explanation in one of the recent threads....
I think Gem is far beyond anything to do with spiritualism.
Old 27-01-2012, 01:37 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think Gem is far beyond anything to do with spiritualism.

"far beyond"? huh....
Old 27-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"far beyond"? huh....
Yea Mac, don't you know of that place ?, its beautiful, no need for any beliefs.
Old 27-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

I'm really just a dude who meditates, and have gained insight through self observation, but recently, over the last couple of years have read a bit of krishnamurti, alan watts and other bits and bobs.

What I allude to is what buddhists call Dhamma, the universal truth which applies to all human life through the core of being, the chi (life force), and the sensory perceptions of individual body forms.

They ask what purpose I have. I come here as the medium through which life finds expression, and my mission is to purify the vessle so my expression flows freely.
Old 27-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Master
Why does Spiritualism cause so many arguments and heated discussions?

Because people don't tend to speak just about their understandings and experiences, which one would hope spiritual sharing is about... but take disagreement as a personal attack, or personally attack others they disapprove of in some way.

And why do we do this? Because we tend to identify strongly with such an intimate thing as spirituality and our beliefs, in a fixed ego sort of way.

But I see it as just part of the process of seeing how we cling - to anything, which blocks our spiritual awareness... so we can let go, in time.

Xan