Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 31-05-2017, 02:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightspirit
I live on vegan food and refrain from as many animal products as I practically can for ethical reasons. I won't identify as a vegan usually

I do this because I dont want to be associated with what it is has become.
This is my position as well. I guess I'm a vegan, but only because I eat what vegans apparently eat. The only difference here is I don't think about or care what "vegan" supposedly has become. I don't do labels. And I have no causes in life. I just go to the store, buy my vegetables and fruit, and make my meals lol.

Healthy, practical lifestyle choices as a way of "protest."
Old 01-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
This is my position as well. I guess I'm a vegan, but only because I eat what vegans apparently eat. The only difference here is I don't think about or care what "vegan" supposedly has become. I don't do labels. And I have no causes in life. I just go to the store, buy my vegetables and fruit, and make my meals lol.

Healthy, practical lifestyle choices as a way of "protest."
pretty much the same I hate eating Meat and animal products and dont like wearing dead animals. Thats fine for me but to explain to someone else what I do or dont want to eat or buy I have to use one of the "V*gn" words to save some explaining.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
I have to use one of the "V*gn" words to save some explaining.
Hehe v word... I like that, I feel the same way about both v labels. I've told people, "No dead animals for me, thanks!" and so forth but I have never once told someone I'm a vegan or vegetarian. Like I said, I think it's because I have an aversion to labels.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Is a SJW like a militant vegan? I live on vegan food and refrain from as many animal products as I practically can for ethical reasons. I won't identify as a vegan usually, unless its a confused waitress to simplify things.

I do this because I dont want to be associated with what it is has become.

While Veganism started off as a philosophy to abstain from animal products as practically as possible, it has become, particularly in social media (Facebook) groups an experience made unpleasant by the zealots hostility towards anything or anyone they feel is not vegan enough for their standards. The really nice ones which many are usually dont get as much airtime as the more vocal controversial ones.

The Vegan movement is getting a bad name for itself because of this negativity and passionate vocal opposition to the flavour of the moment crusade target people are opposing if it isn't a productive or justified one. Most people don't know what to make of it and I have seen it labelled many things just like vegetarians and I can understand the confusion.

First of all, it's hard to be anything but 'negative' when discussing the suffering of animals at the hands of people. How do you get all 'light and cheery' when talking about pigs hitting the scalding tank before they're dead? Or cows chasing after their calves as the farmer drags them away in the moments after birthing those new little babies.

As to 'the flavour of the moment crusade', what does that mean? Does that mean when Mercy For Animals has released an undercover video via television, about the terrible suffering of turkey's as they are hatched and ultimately get to the plate of people on 'Thanksgiving'? Or is that a reference to Animals Australia describing the terrible abuses of Austalias sheep and cattle as they are transported over the sea and then into horrific slaughterhouses in Indonesia or Gaza? It's not a flavour of the moment so much as it's one more exposure of what goes on for the sake of peoples appetite.

I don't think it's a case of most people not knowing what to make of it so much as it's a complete aversion to facing what they are participating in. 'Confusion' isn't the word that I would use to describe their feelings.....maybe guilt, embarrassment.....reluctance to admit their part in those dramas.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
First of all, it's hard to be anything but 'negative' when discussing the suffering of animals at the hands of people. How do you get all 'light and cheery' when talking about pigs hitting the scalding tank before they're dead? Or cows chasing after their calves as the farmer drags them away in the moments after birthing those new little babies.

As to 'the flavour of the moment crusade', what does that mean? Does that mean when Mercy For Animals has released an undercover video via television, about the terrible suffering of turkey's as they are hatched and ultimately get to the plate of people on 'Thanksgiving'? Or is that a reference to Animals Australia describing the terrible abuses of Austalias sheep and cattle as they are transported over the sea and then into horrific slaughterhouses in Indonesia or Gaza? It's not a flavour of the moment so much as it's one more exposure of what goes on for the sake of peoples appetite.

I don't think it's a case of most people not knowing what to make of it so much as it's a complete aversion to facing what they are participating in. 'Confusion' isn't the word that I would use to describe their feelings.....maybe guilt, embarrassment.....reluctance to admit their part in those dramas.

I changed to plant based diet in 2006 and hasn't eaten meat since. At first I was out to save the world with my new found lifestyle. The factory farming bit I found after conversion.

Most people do what they do in ignorance and have been used to killing something every day of thier lives because they were raised that way. I hate the ones that think it's a joke but am tolerant of others choices even though they aren't the same as mine. A butcher shop sickens me and I feel sad every time I see one.

A friendly pragmatic approach seems to work well with bringing people around. You want to hang with kind people and that attracts people to your lifestyle. The SJW attitude can push them away.

I'm probably like you and love tofu and really dislike anything to do with animal cruelty. I do what I can about it when I can but don't be confrontational over it with anyone and make a pain of myself.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:47 PM
Suspended

You live your life, they live their life, who care, waste of time. If they want to die let them die.