Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Being a reiki practitioner means you will catch cancer ?

I know . It sounds silly .
I have wanted to do reiki level one for years however my sister has a theory that everyone she knows that does reiki has ended up with cancer themselves. Some have passed away.
At first I dismissed her . Then she rattled off all the people we know and I was a little shocked. Since then I have had this conversation with other friends who at first laughed then later on have come back and told me that once they thought about it that yes , the reiki practitioners they knew also had been diagnoised with cancer.
Coincidence ? Or is there a link ?
Old 02-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarella
I know . It sounds silly .
I have wanted to do reiki level one for years however my sister has a theory that everyone she knows that does reiki has ended up with cancer themselves. Some have passed away.
At first I dismissed her . Then she rattled off all the people we know and I was a little shocked. Since then I have had this conversation with other friends who at first laughed then later on have come back and told me that once they thought about it that yes , the reiki practitioners they knew also had been diagnoised with cancer.
Coincidence ? Or is there a link ?

This makes no sense and is about the opposite of what any kind of real deeper energy work would do. However, sometimes depending on the person, the healing energy does not work deeply because they have no done enough of their own inner work. In this case the energy just gets moved around because it is not going deeper and could just makes physical symptoms worse.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Master

On the other hand if the cancer is getting worse it would make that person more conscious and get to the emotional level where a deeper healing takes place. At that point reiki would start to heal it.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Ascender
Sarella, I remember reading a book about reiki and it mentioned the importance of practitioners protecting themselves from negative energy. However, this was a long time ago so I did a quick search of the net and found these:
http://www.ihreiki.com/blog/article/...tion_and_reiki
and
https://thereikipage.com/grounding.html

I hope that this helps.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:57 PM
Master

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
Sarella, I remember reading a book about reiki and it mentioned the importance of practitioners protecting themselves from negative energy. However, this was a long time ago so I did a quick search of the net and found these:
http://www.ihreiki.com/blog/article/...tion_and_reiki
and
https://thereikipage.com/grounding.html

I hope that this helps.

If the healer has done the inner work then there is no negative energy ever to protect yourself from. Also you would have to feel the negative energy yourself in order for it to make things worse.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
If the healer has done the inner work then there is no negative energy ever to protect yourself from. Also you would have to feel the negative energy yourself in order for it to make things worse.

It all comes back to your own attachments within.

If nothing sticks in you and your aware of this, then energy flows more readily. It flows where it goes.

I am a reiki practioner and I never protect myself. But then I am practicing this with my own self awareness reflecting and clearing me deeper through each experience shared. I self reflect and ensure I clear myself if something does stick. It doesn't happen now as much, but early in my own awakening it used to happen lots. It becomes an opportunity in that shared space to become more aware of yourself. If you do the inner work you can become more clear and open, flow with all things and actually be supported by the flow of energy too more positively. And create a clearer space for the one receiving reiki too. :)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 29-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Seeker

I know many Reiki Practitioners myself including and none of us have in anyway had to work through issues in relating to cancer... Reiki does not cause Cancer... Cancer was already within the Reiki Practitioner before they began Reiki... the Reiki may have enabled the person to reflect on their journey in some way and they may have been shown the use of Reiki to help them deal with Cancer on a more personal level for them ....
Old 09-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Administrator
Hello

It is very important that you do not take on the energy from whom your working on and not clear it from you when doing any kinda healing work. Too many times we connect to someone on that more emotional level and we do not take that time to say its OK to let this go from me.

I am a Reiki Master Teacher and I always start by making sure that I and whom I am working with is Grounded. The next step is that personal zone of protections so this for me is a Bubble of energy barrier. The last thing is not claiming the energy of emotional baggage that is prescient. Making sure that you are working from that place of your highest and greatest good, knowing that at times you "can not" heal but you can bring some peace and calm to someone that is ill.

We can not always heal but we can calm.

When it comes to things like cancer I feel that we all have it within us but its not something that comes active in all of us. Why I am on the fence at times with the preemptive things we can do with science that might well open that door to illness.

I know many healers that look old before their time as they are trying to make a living from healing, and that is the main goal, so they are not living in that spiritual place of making sure its a full circle of giving and receiving in balance. In this you might well be claiming Karmic Debts from the past and the present in your life.

I look younger than I am, and I feel that is from the balance in life I have, where I do a lot of giving (like here on SF since Feb 2006 ) in free readings, ext and in that time where someone pays me for the blessings I have come into this life able to do.

Lynn
Old 28-09-2017, 11:24 PM
Knower
This is very disturbing to read ... i did reiki one soon reiki two which i already paid for - the way the teacher told us about reiki is that its only positive you dont need to do any "protections" nothing -

unlike different types of healings etc that you can only do good with reiki just channel the energy through you and thats it - no need to direct it or do anything to protect yourself

Yet here i read its not really the case which is disturbing so for now going to only do it on myself
Old 13-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Pathfinder
water_drop - it is generally recommended that after you get attuned to reiki, you spend some weeks just healing yourself and practising placing your hands on different parts of your body. by practising the healing on yourself you strengten your energy channels and get used to working with energy.. this is also a great excercise that will help build up your own energy sensitivity/perception. you can start working with others when you get the feeling you are ready. there is really no need to hurry

usually when treating others you should take care about 3 things:

1) don't get too emotional about the client or the need to heal someone, don't have too high expectations.. when your ego starts to mess with the reiki healing, you tend to heal more with your own energy rather than the universal one, and in such a case there is a higher chance you grab the client's negativity/karma into yourself.. perhaps one of the best advice is to activate reiki flow by having intention to heal someone, then to have a blank mind and wait for the signal when to move your hands into different position, when you feel healing has finished, stop the healing and don't over do it

2) don't heal anyone if some minutes/hours prior to this healing you were emotional (either when you have had too positive or too negative emotions going on)..

3) common situations when it is also not recommended to do healing of others: if you are feeling hungry/thirsty, if you need to visit the WC, if you are in time stress, if there are noises around the place, if you are ill yourself, if you are tired/sleepy