Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 24-06-2017, 02:20 PM
FrankieJG

Can anyone with dental knowledge PM me?

I am in need of some dental help. I need some natural cure for gum receding. Can anyone please PM me?
Old 24-06-2017, 10:46 PM
Experiencer

I don't think there is a cure for it. But I think that using a water pic twice a day can go a long way towards slowing/stopping it. Keep in mind too, that it's a natural process of aging, hence the phrase 'a little long in the tooth' to denote an older person or .....
Old 26-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
That water pik gadget can certainly help gum health as far as I have heard.
I really think you need advice from your dentist. You may need scaling and root planing, or other treatments. Or if the recession is not too bad, there may be preventative things you can do right now to stop it getting any worse. Get an appointment with a dentist you can trust.
Meanwhile I wonder if using a good toothpaste for sensitive teeth might help a little?
Old 26-06-2017, 03:54 AM
FrankieJG

What is water pic? I haven't heard of it.Btw I am 22
Old 27-06-2017, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator
Basically it's an electronic gadget that 'flosses' your teeth with water jets. It cleans even below the gum line which ordinary flossing can't reach.
But it isn't cheap.
I haven't bought one yet. I just blast my teeth with a water rinse for a couple of minutes 3-4 times a day and always after eating. Probably not as good as a "Water Pik" but definitely cleans-between teeth.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJG
I am in need of some dental help. I need some natural cure for gum receding. Can anyone please PM me?

You see a dentist?
Old 22-07-2017, 01:32 AM
Experiencer

Waterpik's are even great for getting rid of about 90% of coffee stains on your teeth. I had a tooth pulled a while back and you could see on the tooth left behind where it had gotten super stained because the toothbrush never reaches between your teeth and the staining is almost gone. I wish I'd gotten one years ago. It's like going for a professional cleaning every day. I think ours cost about $100.00. It came with two brush heads and two little pressure heads and has six settings regarding how much pressure you want to use.
Old 16-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Master
dnt no i us sesdyn rec by dent i do us moth wash 2 by dents

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 03-01-2019, 04:21 PM
Seeker

I'm not a dentist but my teeth health is very important to me. The appearance of the smile is the thing on which many stuff depends on. Here is the bamboo toothbrush I've purchased recently. I think that organic is always better than plastic.
I've chosen it because it seems to be a good way to reduce the usage of plastic. And it's good for the environment as well.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:58 PM
Master
oil pulling, essential oils, herbs will all help. so will an anti-inflammatory alkalizing diet like lots of fresh produce, especially fruit which is the most detoxifying & regenerating. if you don't want to change diet right now though doing oil pulling alone will help! it's basically just swishing oil around in your mouth for more than a minute, but look into it and see what information you can find, lots of people probably shared youtube videos about how it helped them and you can see people's before & after pics for inspiration and motivation =)

Blasia is good to bring up a better natural toothbrush, but the only thing is that these natural bamboo toothbrushes still have plastic bristles, so they admit they have plastic bristles but still it's misleading in my opinion. I am currently looking for a natural plant-based type bristle toothbrush myself for me and my baby daughter, and have not found one yet so I can't be of more help there. however, there are natural bristle toothbrushes made with boar bristles if you don't mind that. otherwise I think the best option is probably one like Blasia suggests, but with charcoal infused bristles. there are even natural sticks you can buy which are recommended for teeth brushing. I heard of this phenomenon years ago when there was a documentary about remote African tribes who had brilliant strong white sparkling teeth, and they just chewed on sticks to get them! though their diet was also cleaner than most of ours'..

If you want to try a natural toothpaste there are some options out there, stay away from fluoride if you don't already, it's actually a toxic waste byproduct from the aluminum and phosphate fertilizer industries and such.. it makes bones and teeth more brittle in the long run and hurts the body. but anyways there are some good choices for store-bought toothpaste. however you can find recipes to make your own too and I'll share a simple one of mine, that tastes like a popular taste treat you may be familiar with.

I call it Guilt-Free Girlscoutless Thin Mint Cookieless Toothpaste (or something like that)

ingredients:

coconut oil
pink himalayan salt
coconut-derived charcoal powder
peppermint essential oil

You just get as much coconut oil as you want toothpaste, say about half a cup maybe to start, then add a sprinkle or like 1/8 teaspoon of salt (less or more for your taste, get the kind you grind yourself nor a powder), one half to one whole capsule of charcoal powder, or 1/8-1/4 teaspoon if you don't have it in capsules which would be better. and then a few to half a dozen drops of peppermint essential oil, again to taste.

sorry there are so many variables but it's not a strict recipe, you can cater it to your taste and there doesn't need to be much of any ingredient besides the coconut oil. I swear it tastes like thin mint cookies! and is much healthier than most conventional toothpastes that have unsavory ingredients