Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-06-2014, 12:34 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
It would be interesting to find out if the Wizard of Oz was written by someone deeply into Spirituality or their hand was guided by Spirit. Or if I'm doing the same as the people who find synchronicities between the movie and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Whatever the case may be it's a good way to help visualisation.

Putting it simply, our Journey becomes their Journey (and vice versa) and it doesn't matter if the Journey is in Spirit or as human, they're still interlinked and we're all looking out for each other in our own ways. Our Journeys are much like the Wizard of Oz in many ways. Imagine yourself as Dorothy and 'they' as the Tin Man, the Lion and the Scarecrow. They will have destinies but what those are is anyone's guess but all roads lead to Rome as they say.

Well said--Greenslade--it is so good to see you (again)!
Old 15-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Master

Quote:
It would be interesting to find out if the Wizard of Oz was written by someone deeply into Spirituality or their hand was guided by Spirit. Or if I'm doing the same as the people who find synchronicities between the movie and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Whatever the case may be it's a good way to help visualisation.

I read up on the author of The Wizard of Oz just now on wikipedia. His name was L. Frank Baum and he grew up in a wealthy large family and was a sickly child.

Not only did he write the Wizard of Oz in colaberation with a fellow author named Denslow , Baum went on to write thirteen more novels based on the places and people of the Land of Oz.

Now here is the why he created this fantasy world. "Baum's avowed intentions with the Oz books, and other fairy tales, was to tell such tales as the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen told, making them American and bringing them up to date by making the characters not stereotypical dwarfs or genies, and by removing both the violence and the moral to which the violence was to point. Although the first books contained a fair amount of violence, it decreased with the series; in The Emerald City of Oz, Ozma objected to doing violence even to the Nomes who threaten Oz with invasion. His introduction is often cited as the beginnings of the sanitization of children's stories, although he did not do a great deal more than eliminate harsh moral lessons. His stories still include decapitations, eye removals, maimings of all kinds, and other violent acts, but the tone is very different from Grimm or Andersen."

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Frank_Baum

Just checked on Amazon and there is the complete series (all 13 books) in one paperback. Here are the titles: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Marvelous Land of Oz, Ozma of Oz, Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz, The Road to Oz, The Emerald City of Oz, The Patchwork Girl Of Oz, Little Wizard Stories of Oz, Tik-Tok of Oz, The Scarecrow Of Oz, Rinkitink In Oz, The Lost Princess Of Oz, The Tin Woodman Of Oz, The Magic of Oz, and Glinda Of Oz

source: http://www.amazon.com/Books-Wonderful-Marvelous-Patchwork-Scarecrow/dp/0954840135/ref=la_B000AQ3ZFG_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=14028381 26&sr=1-9

Last edited by linen53 : 15-06-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:38 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny Kay
I keep wondering...
Why are there so many entities and beings out there that are helping us and presenting us with gifts when we ask for them? What are they really receiving that is giving them a sensibility to help us with our lives? Why are they all sent out to help the people on earth?

Its just doesnt make sense.
Yes, I'm very grateful and it does help me along my path, but why do they want to help up with OUR journey so much? What about their Journeys?

Does it matter why?

we are all connected.

Sense of things comes in ways unexpected.

You me them, why not build unity.
Old 15-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Knower

Quote:
I keep wondering...
Why are there so many entities and beings out there that are helping us and presenting us with gifts when we ask for them? What are they really receiving that is giving them a sensibility to help us with our lives? Why are they all sent out to help the people on earth?

Its just doesnt make sense.
Yes, I'm very grateful and it does help me along my path, but why do they want to help up with OUR journey so much? What about their Journeys?

To understand them you have to understand that on the other side of the veil (unlike this side) entities aspire to provide service. They enjoy it and the more they do the better. On this side the general philosophy is separateness-- we are separate from one another. On the other side the philosophy is oneness. When they help someone they are helping all.

It makes perfect sense why they help you when you ask if you know how they view things. They can only help you though if it is in your best interest spiritual development-wise.
Old 16-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
Well said--Greenslade--it is so good to see you (again)!
Thank you, it's nice to be with the gang again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I read up on the author of The Wizard of Oz just now on wikipedia. His name was L. Frank Baum and he grew up in a wealthy large family and was a sickly child.

Thanks for that, very interesting. It's something I've always wondered but never got around to checking out but I'm glad my instincts were right. Confirmation is always good. It's not such a whacky visualisation after all. It says that the stories were sanitised, but I see echoes of Gandhi in there rather than sanitisation.

I think that we're missing something in leaving children's stories behind. We come into the forums and the conversations are 'factual' and very objective but perhaps we're losing what we can have from stories that fire the imagination and make us see the Universe in a different way.
Once upon a time in a Spirit realm there were benevolent Spirits who went on a Journey to help humans evolve, because they saw how doing that would make the Universe a better place by evolving the collective consciousness. They could also see that everything is connected and by helping others they would help themselves.

I'm writing to someone who thinks she asks stupid questions. I don't see any questions as stupid, not as long as they're genuinely seeking answers. I come from the standpoint of the Universe belonging to all of us and the question being what kind of Universe do I want to Live in? Answering her stupid questions makes our Universe a little bit better. Perhaps your being are of the same mind.
Old 16-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Thank you, it's nice to be with the gang again.

Thanks for that, very interesting. It's something I've always wondered but never got around to checking out but I'm glad my instincts were right. Confirmation is always good. It's not such a whacky visualisation after all. It says that the stories were sanitised, but I see echoes of Gandhi in there rather than sanitisation.

I think that we're missing something in leaving children's stories behind. We come into the forums and the conversations are 'factual' and very objective but perhaps we're losing what we can have from stories that fire the imagination and make us see the Universe in a different way.
Once upon a time in a Spirit realm there were benevolent Spirits who went on a Journey to help humans evolve, because they saw how doing that would make the Universe a better place by evolving the collective consciousness. They could also see that everything is connected and by helping others they would help themselves.

I'm writing to someone who thinks she asks stupid questions. I don't see any questions as stupid, not as long as they're genuinely seeking answers. I come from the standpoint of the Universe belonging to all of us and the question being what kind of Universe do I want to Live in? Answering her stupid questions makes our Universe a little bit better. Perhaps your being are of the same mind.

This subject has come up in my life before that putting away our imaginations and childhoods allows us to lose touch with the spiritual realms. We thought we didn't need the spiritual world anymore and so they went away into a separate world that we can no longer see. And in time we forgot about them, left to our own dull world with no magic left in it.

Those 4 simple words: Once upon a time.... can spark the imagination into a million possibilities.

I know I've stated on this forum before that I believe because I feel within my being it is right, not because it is backed up with scientific data. I believe beyond in this physical world there is a world beyond and beyond that another world and so on into eternity.

That is wonderful that your acquaintance has you to help her. A question deserves an answer. There was a time I thought I was asking stupid questions and now that I am further along my path, I still think some of my questions are 'elementary'. But how will I know unless I ask?
Old 16-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
I keep wondering...
There is a lot less altruism going on than it seems. Many (most?) beings offering help have an agenda of their own (or one from the beings they work for).

An example: many astral beings teach you about energy, the main intent is to get you to raise energy so they can consume it

A lot of those 'Earth' helpers are in fact just meddling beings trying to 'do good' where they don't belong. If you look into the full story, its a long series of well intentioned interventions that actually made things worse. In some sense Earth is a refugee camp for beings from elsewhere that interventions went wrong.
Old 17-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
This subject has come up in my life before that putting away our imaginations and childhoods allows us to lose touch with the spiritual realms. We thought we didn't need the spiritual world anymore and so they went away into a separate world that we can no longer see. And in time we forgot about them, left to our own dull world with no magic left in it.

Those 4 simple words: Once upon a time.... can spark the imagination into a million possibilities.

I know I've stated on this forum before that I believe because I feel within my being it is right, not because it is backed up with scientific data. I believe beyond in this physical world there is a world beyond and beyond that another world and so on into eternity.

That is wonderful that your acquaintance has you to help her. A question deserves an answer. There was a time I thought I was asking stupid questions and now that I am further along my path, I still think some of my questions are 'elementary'. But how will I know unless I ask?

There's one subject that I've only seen a couple of times in all of the posts I've ever read in here - 'the child inside'. I think we all have one but they've been pushed so far back they've been lost to our consciousness almost. It seems a shame that we've forgotten that particular aspect of ourselves and I find it ironic that the Spiritual people who spend so much time on being aware of themselves can so easily ignore something that is a part of them. The 'lock on, lock out' principle in action, people lock on to facts and objectivity but lock out what often inspires us.

I started a website a few years ago where a few of my friends and I could contribute to a continuing story. The basic idea was simple, someone would begin a story by way of a scene-setting and the rest would add to that from their characters' perspectives. It started out as fun but grew into so much, and always as I wrote my consciousness shifted and my hand was guided. While people went through all kinds of rituals and the like to 'contact' their Guides or Higher Self, all I had to do was tap away at a keyboard.
"Once upon a time in a land of dragons and strange woodland folk...."
But while many would say it's just imagination, I was watching a video by Bashar on YouTube. According to him, if you can think it then it exists because if it didn't exist it couldn't enter your consciousness. Say hello to the fairies, they're out there after all. Spirituality is choc-a-bloc full of ironies.

If you feel it's right within your being then that's the only reason you'll ever need to be here. People say that we should be Spiritual then tell us that we're Spirit on a human Journey, so I guess that's them being Spiritual. To me it's the child inside's imagination that connects to that eternity, that starts us on the Journey to discovery. Like wanting to meet the man in the moon. My admiration lies with people who walk their own Paths, there is Honour in that. Personal authenticity takes bravery.

I've been having a discussion on another thread about simplicity vs complexity and the analogy of snowflakes came up. One person sees it as complex but it starts off with an H2O molecule and as complex external influences act on it it becomes the intricate snowflake. It has its complexity yet has its simplicity at the same time, the only differences are perspectives. Ask and ye shall receive, as they say.