Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 06-09-2013, 09:10 PM
WYN123

wow very jealous not been on a crystal hunt for eons, the geology around here is sandstone, coal and shale, and the frackers want that.
bought 9 tumblestones today
lapis lazuli
sardonyx
opalite
aqua marine (tiny tiny pieces)
tigers eye
rhyolite
jade
Botswana agate
moonstone.

what I really wanted
was nuumenite, though Ill have to get it from the internet.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Likes2Read

Two more Herkimer Diamonds, courtesy of eBay. I have found FAR more reasonable prices there than in any of the metaphysical shops that I can visit in person. Just make sure that you can ID from the photograph that the stone is a genuine Herkimer Diamond -- and Herks have a very distinctive appearance that is easily spotted, even in a photograph -- and you should be good to go.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
Two more Herkimer Diamonds, courtesy of eBay. I have found FAR more reasonable prices there than in any of the metaphysical shops that I can visit in person. Just make sure that you can ID from the photograph that the stone is a genuine Herkimer Diamond -- and Herks have a very distinctive appearance that is easily spotted, even in a photograph -- and you should be good to go.

I bought a pretty nice Herkimer on eBay recently and then bought a pound of low quality Herks. Also recently bought a Citrine Quartz point and a really nice 30 gram piece of Indonesian Amber. Also have reserved 2 more pieces of Moldavite and I'm just waiting for the dealer to get back from their tip on the 20th of Sept.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

The owner of a local crystal shop showed me some "herkimer" Diamonds from Pakistan that look the same. He was telling me that a lot of people are selling the Pakistan look a likes as Herkimers (pakistan being cheaper in price), so I wouldn't be iffy about ebay herks. Not saying that they are not genuine but how can you tell from the pics if they are genuine? Now that I think about it I am going back to the store and asking the owner if there's a way to distinguish them. The pakistan ones he showed me were very convincing.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
The owner of a local crystal shop showed me some "herkimer" Diamonds from Pakistan that look the same. He was telling me that a lot of people are selling the Pakistan look a likes as Herkimers (pakistan being cheaper in price), so I wouldn't be iffy about ebay herks. Not saying that they are not genuine but how can you tell from the pics if they are genuine? Now that I think about it I am going back to the store and asking the owner if there's a way to distinguish them. The pakistan ones he showed me were very convincing.
These stones are coming from sellers in NY state (and in one case, CT which is next door to NY). The stones were mined by the sellers themselves -- there are some places in upstate NY where you can pay a fee to go search out your own stones. I wish I lived a bit closer to there, because I'd love to do something like that. And I wouldn't be selling my finds on eBay, that's for sure! :)
Old 12-09-2013, 04:12 AM
Master
Same the Herks I bought came straight out of New York. I've seen a lot of them on eBay coming out of China which is pretty ridiculous. They are just finding Quartz that looks similar to a Herk and selling it as a Herk. I mean other than location though I doubt there is too much of a difference since it's all Quartz anyways.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
These stones are coming from sellers in NY state (and in one case, CT which is next door to NY). The stones were mined by the sellers themselves -- there are some places in upstate NY where you can pay a fee to go search out your own stones. I wish I lived a bit closer to there, because I'd love to do something like that. And I wouldn't be selling my finds on eBay, that's for sure! :)

Ah ok, that makes sense. Didn't know about the Herkimer dig, sounds like fun.

Astral Explorer there's nothing wrong with Herkimers from china, I am sure they are as good as their moldavite lol.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
Ah ok, that makes sense. Didn't know about the Herkimer dig, sounds like fun.

Astral Explorer there's nothing wrong with Herkimers from china, I am sure they are as good as their moldavite lol.

Well I doubt that but I'm just saying that Herkimer Diamonds are just a form of Quartz and as long as the stuff being sold out of China which is from Tibet is real Quartz it can't be that different. I am sure it's not exactly the same but it can't be that different.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 AM
xiola_bleu

Tumbled stones:
Snowflake Obsidian
Large Aventurine
Black Moonstone
Tibetan Quartz

Blue Quartz Pyramid
Snowflake Obsidian Sphere
New Jade Sphere

29.6 gram chunk of Moldavite ^.^
Old 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Well I doubt that but I'm just saying that Herkimer Diamonds are just a form of Quartz and as long as the stuff being sold out of China which is from Tibet is real Quartz it can't be that different. I am sure it's not exactly the same but it can't be that different.

I guess sarcasm doesn't work out well in writing The conditions in which is created is a bit different but at the end of the day it's still quartz... a more expensive quartz