Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 06-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Master
Some photos from Beltane at Thornborough. Good weather, big group. Huge circle - too big to photograph in one shot !

Old 06-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Lanzalady

Norseman, did you enjoy yourself? It looks like a good turnout. And did you go skyclad in the end...? Hehe ;-)
Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Master
All great time, Lanzalady. Weather good but not that good for skyclad. Better that I reserve the skyclad thing for the moors at midnight You HAVE seen the movie "An American Werewolf in London" - well that takes place on my moor [Next big moot is Mabon. How did your Beltane go ?

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/UpHellyAa/DSCF0183_zpse8b37de9.jpg

[ me at Viking Fire Festival this January in Shetland]
Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Lanzalady

Well, I can definitely see the resemblance to that film!!! ;-). At least that will keep some parts of you warm on a moonlit night when you're skyclad.

Beltane was lovely thank you. It was very quiet and quite serene. I'm not sure i grounded very well afterwards as I was very restless and next day I was a little low. I guess that was because all the adrenaline, that had been going through me for weeks, had finally dissipated. I very much enjoyed it though. I'm looking forward to the next one...
Old 13-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentimes
Do note that the 4th moon is new moon and she is dark moon so therefore she is only to be called upon at deaths (meaning when someone has pass on)
or when crafting the dark arts (meaning when wanting to do harm)
I would say to you is not to call upon her as you are a learner and even I do not call upon her. So I would do just the 3 faces of the moon on your stone anyway.

Not all witches worship the gods and the goddesses/god and the goddess but will call upon the elements-Air, Water, Fire, Earth.
If you worship a god and a goddess, then you are a pagan but if you worship more then one god and goddess, then you can class yourself a wiccan. If you do not worship any of the gods (male or/and female) then you not a pagan nor a wicca, your just a witch-who isn't religion.

Pagan worship the horn god or/and the green man and Mother Earth meanly, sometimes "more so today" worship the moon goddess.
Wicca's worship gods and goddesses. I think they have a god and goddess for every thing in nature ie trees, sea, land, lakes, plants, animals, sun and many more but I'm not 100% on this as I manly worship on the pagan's god, and goddesses and also the Elements but I do worship the sun god.
I have been studying Cottage witch which something you may like to take a look at as I think it is a good place to start for anyone that is new to the ideas.

Think of tribes when it comes to different founders within witches, wiccan etc. for sample: You may have Africa tribes and India tribes etc, but within each family tribe group you would have there own believes and call themselves different names ie Gardnerian Witchcraft, Alexandrian Wicca, Hedge or Kitchen Witches and many more (I do not know if african or India tribes would really be these but it's away I can tell you). You might like to look up on the web and see what you can find, see what you like and what feels good and right for you.

I hope this helps you on your travels and good luck on your research
Best Regards & Blessings!

In my practice the waning moon up to the few seconds before the New Moon is thought of as a time when you can work to release something that you feel you no longer need to hold on to (for example certain negative habits). Before you can bring something new into your life maybe you need to release worn out beliefs or certain energies that are blocking you from moving on with your life, and you can work on the waning moon right up until the night of the New Moon as long as your work ends (sorry for repeating myself here, lol) a few minutes before the moon shifts into her "new, waxing phase". The 4th phase of the moon can clear much away and leave you refreshed and at the same time at peace with yourself.

I agree that not all Witches worship deities, however, if you worship a god and goddess then you are Pagan and maybe Wiccan but not necessarily. If you worship/honour and work with more than one god and goddes then you're still Pagan and maybe Wiccan although Wiccans are often duo-theistic in that they worship/honour a Triple Goddess and a Horned God (such as Diana and Cernunos e.g.) There's a saying: 'All Witches are Pagan but not all Pagans are Witches'. lol - confused yet?

I agree that some Pagans worship the Horned God and Mother Earth (Gaia) but other Pagans worship many other deities. And yes, there are land deities, sea deities, lake and river deities, sun and moon deities etc. whom Pagans worship but so do many Wiccans.

To understand Alexandrian and Gardnerian Witchcraft I would recommend reading an old but good book written by Janet and Stewart Farrar called the Witches' Bible which actually encompasses two books.

Blessings, Jenny Crow
Old 13-05-2013, 03:26 AM
Master

Norseman,
Great pictures, thanks for sharing. It's nice to see so many people turning out.

Jenny Crow
Old 14-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Lanzalady

Here's where I show how little I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
In my practice the waning moon up to the few seconds before the New Moon is thought of as a time when you can work to release something that you feel you no longer need to hold on to (for example certain negative habits). Before you can bring something new into your life maybe you need to release worn out beliefs or certain energies that are blocking you from moving on with your life, and you can work on the waning moon right up until the night of the New Moon as long as your work ends (sorry for repeating myself here, lol) a few minutes before the moon shifts into her "new, waxing phase". The 4th phase of the moon can clear much away and leave you refreshed and at the same time at peace with yourself.

I agree that not all Witches worship deities, however, if you worship a god and goddess then you are Pagan and maybe Wiccan but not necessarily. If you worship/honour and work with more than one god and goddes then you're still Pagan and maybe Wiccan although Wiccans are often duo-theistic in that they worship/honour a Triple Goddess and a Horned God (such as Diana and Cernunos e.g.) There's a saying: 'All Witches are Pagan but not all Pagans are Witches'. lol - confused yet?

I agree that some Pagans worship the Horned God and Mother Earth (Gaia) but other Pagans worship many other deities. And yes, there are land deities, sea deities, lake and river deities, sun and moon deities etc. whom Pagans worship but so do many Wiccans.

To understand Alexandrian and Gardnerian Witchcraft I would recommend reading an old but good book written by Janet and Stewart Farrar called the Witches' Bible which actually encompasses two books.

Blessings, Jenny Crow

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for your post. Confused...? Me...? Always!!!

Now this is where i show my complete ignorance!!! How would one know when there's only a few minutes left of the waning moon and the new moon phase is about to start? I mean, I can look at a calendar and see when the next new moon is. Do I just assume I have up to a couple of minutes prior to midnight the night before to do something regarding negative energy?

Sorry if this is a 'DUH' question haha, but I don't want to do it wrong

Thanks
Blessings!
LL
Old 14-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Master

Not a DUH question, lol Actually, there's the Witches' Calender you buy from Llewellynn but I like Llewellyn's Witches' Datebook which comes out each year. All the moon phases are listed for you plus planetary movements such as Mercury retrogrades and it lists, day by day, what sign the moon is in which is good to know for working spells. It also tells you when the moon is void of course (which is NOT a good time for spell work, lol)

For example for May 9th it lets you know that the moon is in the 4th quarter, the moon goes void of course at 8:28 pm and New Moon is at 8:28 pm. It's a great little book and you can order it on-line.

There are also a few articles that are usually interesting written by different authors and there's information on Daily Magical Influences (each day is ruled by a particular planet, for instance Tuesday is ruled by Mars which has to do with aggression, protection etc.). It also talks about how the moon is always moving through different signs of the zodiac, usually staying for a couple of days in each sign. Example - moon in Aries is good for starting things.

Jenny Crow
Old 14-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Lanzalady

Witches' Datebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Not a DUH question, lol Actually, there's the Witches' Calender you buy from Llewellynn but I like Llewellyn's Witches' Datebook which comes out each year. All the moon phases are listed for you plus planetary movements such as Mercury retrogrades and it lists, day by day, what sign the moon is in which is good to know for working spells. It also tells you when the moon is void of course (which is NOT a good time for spell work, lol)

For example for May 9th it lets you know that the moon is in the 4th quarter, the moon goes void of course at 8:28 pm and New Moon is at 8:28 pm. It's a great little book and you can order it on-line.

There are also a few articles that are usually interesting written by different authors and there's information on Daily Magical Influences (each day is ruled by a particular planet, for instance Tuesday is ruled by Mars which has to do with aggression, protection etc.). It also talks about how the moon is always moving through different signs of the zodiac, usually staying for a couple of days in each sign. Example - moon in Aries is good for starting things.

Jenny Crow

Thanks Jenny, that definitely sounds interesting. Right now, and I think for a long time to come, I'm going to be constantly referring to words, dates, moon phases etc. I think that is definitely something that might help me. I don't think of myself as a witch but a book with quick reference info would definitely come in handy. Thank you for that.

Next day day for sure!

Blessings!
LL