Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-11-2011, 07:36 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
What is meant by POV?

point of view?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 AM
Celeste

Oh, thanks. How true, how true.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Alchymist

I'm not afraid to die; I just want to put it off as long as possible, purely since there are lots of things I want to do that I haven't done yet, in this current existence. However when I do decide to leave the party, I figure one of two things will happen; either:-
1) Total oblivion, in which case I won't be around to worry about it; or:-
2) The beginning of a new adventure, in which case I'll be interested to see where it goes.

Either way; nothing to be afraid of.

Alchymist
Old 02-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Knower
the books 'journey of souls' and 'destiny of souls' by Michael Newton are excellent books if you want to discover whats waiting for us on the otherside. Through hypnosis, Michael brings his patients back to their last life at the point of death and then continues on to the 'life between lives'.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Alchymist

I've read both of Michael Newton's books and remain unconvinced. Hypnosis is a thoroughly weird process; many people have "recovered" memories of stuff that never happened and could not possibly have happened under hypnosis. Google "false memory syndrome" for a whole slew of fascinating sites.

Alchymist
Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 PM
BlueOwl

I am not afraid of dying. Never have been. Always had a feeling that we continue on since I was young. My brother is absolutely terrified of the whole thing though. It causes him a lot of stress. I often question things I can't see but I never question myself on if we continue to live or not. I just believe we do which for someone who does like to see facts is saying something.

I can understand why some people would be afraid or just think we cease to exist. I am just glad personally I don't feel like that because I would not want to go through my whole life fretting over something that will happen and that there is nothing I can do about it like my brother is. I do feel very sorry for him though because It must be frightening to feel that way and not feel reasurred.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Knower
*WARNING* This post may be disturbing to some and it does go off the original topic of whats after death.

The false memory syndrome is a very interesting and fishy topic. Alot of it has to do with child abuse where the False Memory Syndrome Foundation states that alot of children who claim abuse are a product of false memories. And after doing a little research it seems that the FMSF is actually a front for a misinformation campaign to discredit ritual abuse and child abuse. Anyone who has studied the illuminati/negative elite know that they are very involved in ritual abuse, pedophilia and mind control and that they have heavily infiltrated the CIA. So lets take a look at the founding members of the FMSF.

-Ralph Underwager (Psychiatrist) - The world’s foremost authority on false memory. He is a self confessed paedophile who quotes: It is "God’s Will" adults engage in sex with children.

-Martin Orn (Psychiatrist) - Senior CIA Mind Control Researcher: Experimenting in hypnotic programming, dissolving memory and other mind subduing techniques.

-Dr. Harold Lief (Psychiatrist) - CIA Mind Control Researcher. Experimenting in behavioural modification and hypnotic programming.

-And then there is Peter and Pemala Freyd whos daughter Jennifer, a professor of psychology at the University of Oregan, claimed that her parents abused her when she was younger. "At times I am flabbergasted that my memory is considered 'false,'" Jennifer says, "and my alcoholic father's memory is considered rational and sane. I remember incest in my father's house.... My first memories came when I was at home a few hours after my second session with my therapist, a licensed clinical psychologist working within an established group in a large and respected medical clinic. During that second visit to my therapist's office, I expressed great anxiety about the upcoming holiday visit from my parents. My therapist asked about half way into the session, whether I had ever been sexually abused. I was immediately thrown into a strange state. No one had ever asked me such a question. I responded, 'no, but...' I went home and within a few hours I was shaking uncontrollably, overwhelmed with intense and terrible flashbacks." Jennifer asks herself why her parents are believed. "In the end, is it precisely because I was abused that I am to be discredited despite my personal and professional success?"

In 1993 at a mental health conference Jennifer said "My family of origin was troubled in many observable ways." I refer to the things that were never 'forgotten' and 'recovered', but to things that we all knew about." She gave her father's alcoholism as an example. "During my childhood, my father sometimes discussed his own experiences of being sexually abused as an 11 year-old boy, and called himself a 'kept boy'". In her journal she wrote at the age of 13 "I am caught in a web, a web of deep, deep terror." The diaries of her youth chronicle the "reactions and feelings (guilt, shame and terror) of a troubled girl and young woman. "My parents oscillated between denying these symptons and feelings...to using knowledge of these same symptoms and feelings to discredit me." "My father," she says "told various people that I was brain damaged." The accusation was unlikely. At the time, Jennifer Freyd was a graduate student on a National Science Foundation fellowship. She taught at Cornell and receieved numerous research awards. The "brain damage" theory doesn't hold up.

I know this is getting off topic but I just wanted to show that there are forces out there who will purposely put out misinformation to counter the truth because the truth is a threat to power. In this case it was misinformation against child abuse but nonetheless there will always be two sides to a story and its our job to figure out the truth.

To get back to the original topic, you could always research near death experiences to find out more about this topic. A good website is near-death.com. Of course I'm sure there is information out there that discredits that too

Matt
Old 03-12-2011, 04:40 AM
Alchymist

Yes, we're getting waaaay off topic here.... but there's a great deal of information out there about demonstrably false memories "recovered" under hypnosis, and not all of it comes from the False Memory Syndrome Foundation. You say, MindOverMatter, that "anyone who has studied the Illuminati ... knows that they are very involved in ritual abuse, pedophilia and mind control." Sorry, but anyone who has really studied the Illuminati knows that there is a colossal amount of misinformation and propaganda out there on that subject, and that much of it derives from the work of Myron Fagan, who can be charitably described as a rabid anti-communist, some far-right wing fundamentalist Christian organisations, and David Icke, who can charitably be described as stark raving bonkers. I mean, the British Royal Family, half of the presidents of the U.S. of A., and Kris Kristofferson for crying out loud are child-devouring, Satan-worshipping, shape-shifting hybrid Reptilian aliens? Seriously?

NDE's are a whole other ballgame, and for the most part don't rely on hypnosis. So-called "Skeptics" like Daniel Dennett and Susan Blackmore pontificate wisely about random firing of neurones and the brain being starved of oxygen, but these would seem to me to be pseudoexplanations at best. Having had at least two NDE's myself I definitely take them seriously. What they actually mean is raw material for endless debate.

Alchymist,