Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-10-2011, 07:31 PM
slave of Allaah

The First Paganism in the World

Ibn 'Abbas narrated that Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said: "The period between Adam and Noah was ten centuries." Sahih Al-Bukhari

All people were worshipping one god, the god of their father Adam, peace be upon him.

But how disbelief began?

(Waddan, Suwa'an, Yaghutha, Ya'auqa, and Nasran)

These were the names of good people who had lived among them. After their deaths, statues of them were erected to keep their memories alive. After some time, however, people began to worship these statues. Later generations did not even know why they had been erected; they only knew their parents had prayed to them.

Ibn 'Abbas explained: "Following upon the death of those righteous men, Satan inspired their people to erect statues in the places where they used to sit. They did this, but these statues were not worshiped until the coming generations deviated from the right way of life. Then they worshiped them as their idols."

When God saw these people forgetting about Him, He decided to leave them with their new gods/idols away from Him.

But before such destruction happens to them, God sent to them a wonderful man whose name was Noah, peace be upon him.

And indeed We sent Nûh (Noah) to his people (and he said): "I have come to you as a plain warner." (25)
"That you worship none but Allâh, surely, I fear for you the torment of a painful Day." (26)

The chiefs who the disbelieved among his people said: "We see you but a man like ourselves, nor do we see any follow you but the meanest among us and they (too) followed you without thinking. And we do not see in you any merit above us, in fact we think you are liars." (27)

He said: "O my people! Tell me, if I have a clear proof from my Lord, and a Mercy (Prophethood) has come to me from Him, but that has been obscured from your sight. Shall we compel you to accept it when you have a strong hatred for it? (28)

"And O my people! I ask of you no wealth for it, my reward is from none but Allâh. I am not going to drive away those who have believed. Surely, they are going to meet their Lord, but I see that you are a people that are ignorant (29)

"And O my people! Who will help me against Allâh, if I drove them away? Will you not then give a thought? (30)

"And I do not say to you that with me are the Treasures of Allâh, "Nor that I know the Ghaib (unseen);"nor do I say I am an angel, and I do not say of those whom your eyes look down upon that Allâh will not bestow any good on them. Allâh knows what is in their inner-selves (as regards belief, etc.). In that case, I should, indeed be one of the wrong-doers." (31)

To be continued by God's Will.
Old 21-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Master
OK. Lets do a bit of analysis.
"Ibn 'Abbas narrated that Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said: "The period between Adam and Noah was ten centuries." Sahih Al-Bukhari"

The "great flood" [Noah] - we can attach a date to that. The melting of the Ice Sheet at the end of the last Ice Age, approx 6000BC - highest sea levels resulting in the flooding of the North Sea plain. Date well established by Archeology.
This places Adam, "progenitor of man", at 7000BC.
Problem with that is the archeological record again. For example, fossil remains of modern man in Britain dated as about 45000BC. Other parts of the world even earlier.

I will ignore the dogma and move directly to the statement "The First Paganism in the World".
Now bearing in mind that there is no such thing as "paganism", I will take your word even though incorrect. Some of the the earliest "faiths" of man which left an archeological record in Europe were based on Earth And Sky gods/goddesses, and date from the Ice Age itself [about 10000BC]. Figurines of the "domi", a Great Mother goddess are widespread across Europe south of the Ice sheet and have also been recovered from the bottom of the North Sea. These faiths would definitely be classed as "pagan". Judaism and, much later, Islam and Christianity are very late-comers to man.
So, the claim of "First Paganism" just does not add up.
Old 21-10-2011, 04:25 PM
slave of Allaah

norseman! You know you are claiming things I didn't even mention. yes?

How did you know that prophet Noah, peace be upon him, was 6000BC?
Old 21-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah

That is the latest geological date known for high lood waters, and is assumed to be the original source of the flood story.

There IS another part to that, look up lake agazziz, the information is a bit dated, but long story short, the damn holding int he lake burst, and released a massive torrent of water, that started teh seperation of europe and the UK and also created the black sea (where most of the original religious atrifacts start from, dissapear, and reappear a fewjundred eyars alter, up in the cucauses). This was aroun 12000 - 10 000 years ago, the rest of the glaciers melted, and the flood max was around 6000 years ago, as norseman stated, which were stalled before that, due to a hienrick event, that wiped out neanderthol.

Its a majorly documented, concidering how old, and the fact that 90% of the evidence is under water now....

If your even more interested, read this, this is a GREAT article..

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/20...tepe/mann-text

And, paganism, is by definition, the term to describe anything other then monotheism, which is islam, christianity and judeism..
Old 21-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:

Prior to that date, the British Isles did not exist, it was all part of Europe. Where the North Sea and Irish Sea are now, were low-lying dry tundra, home to Hunter-Gatherer tribes. The ice sheets melted, releasing vast amounts of water and sea levels rose across the world - the great flood of the bible. The date of this inundation is known with some accuracy - it's all in the archeological record.
I mention this to indicate that religious documents, such as the bible and Quran, are not reliable accurate records, especially the Old Testament which I gather is common to both.
Old 30-10-2011, 08:22 AM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Ibn 'Abbas narrated that Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, said: "The period between Adam and Noah was ten centuries." Sahih Al-Bukhari
I am sorry for this translation of the Hadeeth.

The Hadeeth literally is as follows:

[kan(a) = was] , [biyn(a) = between] , [Adam = Adam] , [wa = and] , [Nuh = Noah] , [ashra(tu) = ten] , [qroon (plural of qarn) = horns/centuries/generations].

I think the most accurate word is generations, not centuries because the people at that time used to live a long life (unless this long life was special case for prophet Noah, peace be upon him).

"And indeed We sent Noah to his people, and he stayed among them a thousand sanah [years] less fifty aam [years]."[Quran 29:14]
Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 AM
slave of Allaah

And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place Kaleefah (someone who comes after other. For example, the muslim leader who came after the prophet, peace be upon him, is called Kaleefa of God's messenger) on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You." He (Allâh) said: "I know that which you do not know." (30) [Quran:Ch.2]

So, whether there were human beings or not before our father Adam, peace be upon him, we don't really know.

But the certain thing is that all people on Earth nowadays are children of prophet Noah, peace be upon him, who is of course son of Adam.

And indeed Nûh (Noah) invoked Us, and We are the Best of those who answer. (75) And We rescued him and his family from the great distress, (76) And, his progeny, them We made the survivors. (77) And left for him among the later generations: (78) "peace be upon Noah among the world!" (79) Verily, thus We reward the good-doers. (80) Verily, he was one of Our believing slaves. (81) Then We drowned the others. (82) [Quran: Ch.37]
Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Wicked Willow

Islamic myth =/= historical reality. 'nuff said.

7th century Arabs knew virtually nothing about pre-history, and most of the myths they seized upon had no basis whatsoever in reality.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:54 AM
slave of Allaah

Resuming the story of the thread:

They said: "O Noah! You have disputed with us and much have you prolonged the dispute with us, now bring upon us what you threaten us with, if you are of the truthful." (32)

He said: "Only Allâh will bring it on you, if He wills, and then you will escape not. (33)

"And my advice will not profit you, even if I wish to give you good counsel, if Allâh is Willing is to keep you astray. He is your Lord! and to Him you shall return." (34)

Or say they (disbelievers): "He (Muhammad) has fabricated it (the Qur'ân)"?
Say: "If I have fabricated it, upon me be my crimes, but I am innocent of those crimes which you commit." (35)

And it was revealed to Noah: "None of your people will believe except those who have believed already. So be not sad because of what they used to do. (36)

"And construct the ship under Our Eyes and with Our Revelation, and call not upon Me on behalf of those who did wrong; they are surely to be drowned." (37)

And as he was constructing the ship, whenever the chiefs of his people passed by him, they made a mocked at him. He said: "If you mock at us, so do we mock at you likewise for your mocking (38)

"And you will know who it is on whom will come a torment that will cover him with disgrace and on whom will fall a lasting torment." (39)

(So it was) till when Our Command came and the oven gushed forth (water like fountains from the earth). We said: "Embark therein, of each kind two (male and female), and your family - except him against whom the Word has already gone forth - and those who believe. And none believed with him, except a few." (40)

And he (Noah) said: "Embark therein, in the Name of Allâh will be its (moving) course and its (resting) anchorage. Surely, my Lord is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (41)

So it (the ship) sailed with them amidst the waves like mountains, and Noah called out to his son, who had separated himself (apart), "O my son! Embark with us and be not with the disbelievers." (42)

(The son) replied: "I will betake myself to some mountain, it will save me from the water." Noah said: "This day there is no saviour from the Decree of Allâh except him on whom He has mercy." And a wave came in between them, so he (the son) was among the drowned. (43)

And it was said: "O earth! Swallow up your water, and O sky! Withhold (your rain)." And the water was made to subside and the Decree (of Allâh) was fulfilled. And it (the ship) rested on Mount Judi, and it was said: "Away with the people who are wrong-doers!" (44)

And Noah called upon his Lord and said, "O my Lord! Verily, my son is of my family! And certainly, Your Promise is true, and You are the Most Just of the judges." (45)

He said: "O Noah! Surely, he is not of your family; verily, his work is unrighteous, so ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge! I admonish you, lest you be one of the ignorant." (46)

Noah said: "O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have Mercy on me, I will indeed be one of the losers." (47)

It was said: "O Noah! Come down (from the ship) with peace from Us and blessings on you and on the people who are with you. But there will be other people to whom We shall grant their pleasures, but in the end a painful torment will reach them from Us." (48)

This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad), neither you nor your people knew it before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the pious. (49) [Quran:Ch.11]
Old 12-11-2011, 10:06 AM
Master
Slave of Allaah. I fully accept you may post whatever you wish, wherever you wish but I do not understand why you are posting in a Pagan thread. Your posts are only understandable to a student of Islaam and you will not find those in the pagan thread.
As I said, deeply puzzled.