Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-02-2018, 05:31 AM
Knower
What is the subsection of the forum about?

What is the subsection of the forum about? Keeping in mind there may never be a consensus but something worth exploring or reviewing (at least for this OP’s sake).

If this subsection were, pure ‘nonduality’ there would be no conversation, as it would not exist, as mind knows existence.

Switching gears…..

The OP has a tone of practicality so a little bit of thoughts on that goes as follows:

Perhaps duality is a turning against ____? Maybe one-way to look at the yin-yang symbol is as a turning against in which a turning towards is included. In psychological terms, I believe the term is introspection, which may lead to a higher consciousness but still, IMO, duality.

I started to write a bit about exploring the practicality of knowledge unique to the ‘nonduality’ crowd. For the type of people drawn to a subsection such as this. However, I keep realizing there is nothing practical about it. My mind protests saying “but listen, you have realized inner peace, that is practical” ,however, then I hear “peace has always been and as such the realizing is irrelevant” in which my mind goes on to say “but ahhh, it was I that realized it.”

The mind certainly entertains, ironically!

Maybe that is it? For entertainment only? If so I hope my tap dancing has been sufficient if that be the case.

Maybe we’re building a better view of what duality/ mind/ magic is made of in a manner of speaking? Scratch that, the view is also of duality.

Sh*t, if thoughts/ musings on ‘nonduality’ do not occasionally have you shaking your head side-to-side while smiling inside and/ or out, what is wrong with you!
Old 04-02-2018, 05:46 AM
Knower
Haha brilliant post!

Well, people practice varying degrees of nonduality.

Full-on, they won't speak.
Almost full-on, they won't make sense to anyone other than "highly nondualistic" people.
Half-on, there's a lot to talk about.
little-on, peeps are confused.
And also some people practice dualistic Vedanta. There's no section for that...
Old 04-02-2018, 05:49 AM
Suspended
Ascender

This is a forum, swmpgirl and whilst words are a farce, they are also a tool and utilized meaningfully, skilfully, help people.

More seriously, words can be used to guide people to genuine authenticity within the non-dual approach. Why disparage it?

Are you saying that the non-dual cannot accommodate duality, if that were true your non-duality would be another farce.

BT
Old 04-02-2018, 06:40 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Why disparage it?

There is also the possibility you've gone beyond the spirit of the OP. But that's okay if you have, all are welcome.

'Disparage' as you termed it, if that is how you see the OP, would simply be one of the tools in the box. Maybe you're disparaging disparagement?

Damn it! I told my assistant to only put in the essentials when the specs call for all white.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Angel1

Have fun friend.

BT

*leaves a nice yellow flower at doorstep*
Old 04-02-2018, 06:48 AM
Knower
“I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.”
―Charles C. Finn

Charles would have been a good addition to the thread.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:04 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
Haha brilliant post!

Well, people practice varying degrees of nonduality.

Full-on, they won't speak.
Almost full-on, they won't make sense to anyone other than "highly nondualistic" people.
Half-on, there's a lot to talk about.
little-on, peeps are confused.
And also some people practice dualistic Vedanta. There's no section for that...

Excellent summation!
Old 04-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
What is the subsection of the forum about? Keeping in mind there may never be a consensus but something worth exploring or reviewing (at least for this OP’s sake).

If this subsection were, pure ‘nonduality’ there would be no conversation, as it would not exist, as mind knows existence.

Switching gears…..

The OP has a tone of practicality so a little bit of thoughts on that goes as follows:

Perhaps duality is a turning against ____? Maybe one-way to look at the yin-yang symbol is as a turning against in which a turning towards is included. In psychological terms, I believe the term is introspection, which may lead to a higher consciousness but still, IMO, duality.

I started to write a bit about exploring the practicality of knowledge unique to the ‘nonduality’ crowd. For the type of people drawn to a subsection such as this. However, I keep realizing there is nothing practical about it. My mind protests saying “but listen, you have realized inner peace, that is practical” ,however, then I hear “peace has always been and as such the realizing is irrelevant” in which my mind goes on to say “but ahhh, it was I that realized it.”

The mind certainly entertains, ironically!

Maybe that is it? For entertainment only? If so I hope my tap dancing has been sufficient if that be the case.

Maybe we’re building a better view of what duality/ mind/ magic is made of in a manner of speaking? Scratch that, the view is also of duality.

Sh*t, if thoughts/ musings on ‘nonduality’ do not occasionally have you shaking your head side-to-side while smiling inside and/ or out, what is wrong with you!

Well, non-duality is a spiritual category which alludes to the 'truth of it'. I think Nisargadatta put it quite well by saying: fruit ripens, then it falls from the tree, and has no way of reattaching itself thereafter.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well, non-duality is a spiritual category which alludes to the 'truth of it'. I think Nisargadatta put it quite well by saying: fruit ripens, then it falls from the tree, and has no way of reattaching itself thereafter.

As fruit this is it's journey and predicament. Through all that, net neti comes along and change the perspective as fruit. What's a fruit to do?

To fruit or not to fruit? There is a third option hidden in the question when one word in the question is changed from an exclusive to inclusive.

To be crystal, by no means do I remote feel the category of Non-Duality is less a category then any other subject. There is a reason why it's here to be experienced.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
As fruit this is it's journey and predicament. Through all that, net neti comes along and change the perspective as fruit. What's a fruit to do?

Neti is basically the ripening process. A fruit does't really do anything. It falls off the tree when it's ripe, but it doesn't actually do that - it just happens and there's nothing the fruit can do to make it happen or stop it from happening.

Quote:
To fruit or not to fruit? There is a third option hidden in the question when one word in the question is changed from an exclusive to inclusive.

To be crystal, by no means do I remote feel the category of Non-Duality is less a category then any other subject. There is a reason why it's here to be experienced.

It is a certain category with a particular subject area, just like any category.