Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 01-02-2018, 03:31 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think you're the member who went by the name Floatsy. It that true?

No but I looked it up - some great threads by this poster:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=101105

P.S. Why are you so interested in who I am? Is your metta so overwhelming you'd like to thank me personally? (You're welcome by the way. I'm glad to help bring clarity to your thoughts.)
Old 01-02-2018, 03:41 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
According to Buddhist teachings, kamma is to do with volition, so there isn't any past kamma as such, only potentials created by volition of the past.

"Intention, I tell you, is kamma. Intending, one does kamma by way of body, speech, & intellect."

"'I am the owner of my actions (kamma), heir to my actions, born of my actions, related through my actions, and have my actions as my arbitrator. Whatever I do, for good or for evil, to that will I fall heir'..."

Buddha
— AN 6.63
Old 01-02-2018, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
No but I looked it up - some great threads by this poster:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=101105

P.S. Why are you so interested in who I am? Is your metta so overwhelming you'd like to thank me personally? (You're welcome by the way. I'm glad to help bring clarity to your thoughts.)

Ok, I have no reason to believe anything either way.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:22 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Ok, I have no reason to believe anything either way.

Interesting. Ask me a question and then ignore me?

But at least you are now willing and able to dialog. Would you now care to respond to all my posts inquiring of your thoughts and beliefs, rather than sidestepping it in the name of being personally offended?

Also, if you want to continue the words on metta and Right Speech (whilst silently throwing barbs and reporting me ad nauseum), you might want to do better next time - you are nothing if not consistent Gem.

I look forward to talking again and hearing some direct answers next time in the course of dialog.

BT
Old 01-02-2018, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Interesting. Ask me a question and then ignore me?

But at least you are now willing and able to dialog. Would you now care to respond to all my posts inquiring of your thoughts and beliefs, rather than sidestepping it in the name of being personally offended?

There is just your wish to offend me, so you imagine a fellow offended.

Quote:
Also, if you want to continue the words on metta and Right Speech (whilst silently throwing barbs and reporting me ad nauseum), you might want to do better next time - you are nothing if not consistent Gem.

Do you see the insinuation entailed in this?

Quote:
I look forward to talking again and hearing some direct answers next time in the course of dialog.

BT

I'm not at all interested in defending anything or otherwise arguing.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:29 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There is just your wish to offend me, so you imagine a fellow offended.

I won't quote you from your other thread out of courtesy where you made your offence known tangibly (and where you tried to have the admin throw me out) - and because you are blind to your own proclivities - but you and I both know what you have said and done, although I know you like to be coy about it to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm not at all interested in defending anything or otherwise arguing.

And that's the most interesting thing. You say one thing. Then another, it's inconsistent or incongruent to "fact" or reveals your true feelings and disdain for people, but you take anyone pointing that out as an "attack". For someone who keeps saying that they don't exist you have a lot to defend - but keep telling yourself how awesome you are (and how you don't exist) by all means.

I assume this means you can't take direct conversation as per usual. Slippery slope it is, Gem is back to his comfort zone.

BT
Old 01-02-2018, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:

I won't quote you from your other thread out of courtesy where you made your offence known tangibly (and where you tried to have the admin throw me out) - and because you are blind to your own proclivities - but you and I both know what you have said and done, although I know you like to be coy about it to others.

Accusation you see.

Quote:
And that's the most interesting thing. You say one thing. Then another, it's inconsistent or incongruent to "fact" or reveals your true feelings and disdain for people, but you take anyone pointing that out as an "attack". For someone who keeps saying that they don't exist you have a lot to defend - but keep telling yourself how awesome you are (and how you don't exist) by all means.

More accusation and insinuation.
Quote:
I assume this means you can't take direct conversation as per usual. Slippery slope it is, Gem is back to his comfort zone.

BT

So you see how it is loaded with unkind personal remarks. This is the reason I don't talk to you.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
According to Buddhist teachings, kamma is to do with volition, so there isn't any past kamma as such, only potentials created by volition of the past. The volition one has now creates potentials for future arisings. So it is said good-will produces good outcomes and ill-will produces bad outcomes.

Thanks. I read a book from a tantric Buddhist talking about Hindu tantra. Yes it gets a bit confusing maybe If we play at tantra then Karma is not an all permeating truth to life, something inescapable; it is just a fact of being trapped in the lower workings of your emotional nature, or something like that. So I was just making a comment that Quantum completely agrees that Karma is a perception of a potential reality, not an all permeating reality you cannot be without. At least from what I have read. Neither is my Heart concerned with such things as Karma, Free Will and whatever. So I will slip back into the sweet comfort of my Heart; and let the rest of you come back to your talking. Have fun
Old 01-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Thanks. I read a book from a tantric Buddhist talking about Hindu tantra.

OK. I have no knowledge of Hinduism at all. I don't know what tantra is.

Quote:
Yes it gets a bit confusing maybe If we play at tantra then Karma is not an all permeating truth to life, something inescapable; it is just a fact of being trapped in the lower workings of your emotional nature, or something like that.
So I was just making a comment that Quantum completely agrees that Karma is a perception of a potential reality, not an all permeating reality you cannot be without. At least from what I have read. Neither is my Heart concerned with such things as Karma, Free Will and whatever. So I will slip back into the sweet comfort of my Heart; and let the rest of you come back to your talking. Have fun

I just mentioned how Buddhism explains it because this is a Buddhist thread. QM says nothing about Kamma at all as far I have heard.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Eelco

Tantra buddhism == Vajrayana.

Quote:
Vajrayāna, Mantrayāna, Esoteric Buddhism and Tantric Buddhism are the various Buddhist traditions of Tantra and "Secret Mantra", which developed in medieval India and spread to Tibet and East Asia. In Tibet, Buddhist Tantra is termed Vajrayāna, while in China it is generally known as Tángmì (唐密) or Mìzōng (密宗), and in Japan it is known as Mikkyō.

Vajrayāna is usually translated as Diamond Vehicle or Thunderbolt Vehicle, referring to the Vajra, a mythical weapon which is also used as a ritual implement.

Founded by Indian Mahāsiddhas, Vajrayāna subscribes to the literature known as the Buddhist Tantras.[1] It includes practices that make use of mantras, dharanis, mudras, mandalas and the visualization of deities and Buddhas. According to Vajrayāna scriptures, the term Vajrayāna refers to one of three vehicles or routes to enlightenment, the other two being the Śrāvakayāna (also known as the Hīnayāna) and Mahāyāna.

With Love
Eelco