Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 13-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
What makes you think this?

I go with what I sense (have in mind that I can be wrong). But I do sense you as being quite talented in the spiritual area. So maybe it is just finding out how you best receive messages from your Spirit Guide. My biggest talent is emotions and it is through emotions I receive most of my messages. Lately I have added/rediscovered my ability to receive messages in images. So maybe there lies something in your main skill that also have the ability to receive messages in a way that you are familiar with. And also; I have noticed that I was quite capable of receiving messages from my guides years before I actually realized it myself.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Master

Quote:
I go with what I sense (have in mind that I can be wrong). But I do sense you as being quite talented in the spiritual area. So maybe it is just finding out how you best receive messages from your Spirit Guide. My biggest talent is emotions and it is through emotions I receive most of my messages. Lately I have added/rediscovered my ability to receive messages in images. So maybe there lies something in your main skill that also have the ability to receive messages in a way that you are familiar with. And also; I have noticed that I was quite capable of receiving messages from my guides years before I actually realized it myself.

Emotions are a problem; not only am I not an empath but I am an Asperger case. But there are other things one can receive. I will ponder this. Thank you.

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 14-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Wickerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
That sounds interesting. What kind of spells are we talking about?
Mostly protection, and blessings, with some guidance divination. Since I know no practicing Asatru, I have to rely on my previous training for spell work. The coven in which I was initiated was Gardnerian, with a heavy Egyptian influence. Like most Wiccan groups they focused very heavily on the Goddess. Right or wrong, it just wasn't for me, after years of trying to make it fit, I gave up. Much later I discovered Asatru, the pantheon was an instant fit.
I think that you will find the Norse Gods to be less involved in your life than other pantheons. It is rare that they respond at all to an individual. The Gods are concerned with protecting and nurturing the tree, not the individual leaves. I have only received one direct boon, and have actually only ever asked for one. A gas exploration company was planning to level eight acres of our neighbors land, something that he was fine with since they were paying him for it. They wanted to build a road through my field, that zig-zaged right through the middle, ruining about 20 acres of the 90 that I own and cutting off another 10 or 15 acres. I, of course, said no, so they sought another solution. When we purchased the property, we bought a part of a larger farm. When everything was said and done, there was a 1/10 acre plot that lay on the backside of my property that still belonged to the original land owner. What the gas company did was purchase the original land owners easement (an easement means that I have to give the land owner access through my property to get to his). With that piece of paper in their hand they bought in a survey crew and stated driving stakes. Not only could I not say no, I would not be compensated either. Like in most things, magic is my last recourse, I feel that the Gods respect those who take care of themselves. With no legal recourse or physical recourse, I stood under my sacred Oak and asked Odin for help. A month later, the stakes were still there, but no dozers had shown up. A few weeks later a crew showed up and pulled the stakes. The road went in, but it went in from the back side from a county road and never touched my property. I had no further contact with the company, so I have no Idea what changed their minds, or do I?
Old 14-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman
I think that you will find the Norse Gods to be less involved in your life than other pantheons. It is rare that they respond at all to an individual.

What other pantheons do you compare with?

But yes I do agree that the Gods are concerned with protecting and nurturing the tree/Earth. So in that I think they will aid all that they can, if asked. But in general I do not think that they have anything against convesating, though I do think that people should take their everyday problems to their spirit guides. Great stroy by the way and if your intuition tells you that Odin had a hand in it, you are probably right
Old 14-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Wickerman

Quote:
What other pantheons do you compare with?

The Wiccan group believed that the deities they worshiped had a direct hand in their lives. I also know some Native groups that see their gods everyday. For the most part the Goddess is seen as ever present, and active in her followers lives. The Norse gods are a little more standoffish.

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 06:20 AM.