Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 31-12-2017, 03:24 AM
Master
It's not even a "New Year's Resolution" but learning to see my beauty within myself and accept me for whom I am is a journey. It has alot to do with my internal struggles from my adolescent and adulthood years. I know I can overcome this it just takes time .
Old 22-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
wrote this today for someone close to me...

You are perfection disguised as chaos.

The way you view yourself just hasn't caught up with the reality of who you are.
Went through this thread again, and I really like this!
THank you for sharing :)
Old 22-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasannatrust
1=Get rid of the negative influences in your life. First step to loving yourself,
2=get rid of the people that don't love you. ...
3=Take more time to do the things YOU want to do. ...
4=Take that step out of your comfort zone. ...
5=Be active! ...
6=Meditate. ...
7=Compliment Yourself.
Thank you. Very accurate. Not always easy because sometimes the ego doesn't want to let go of things or people who don't serve us (anymore). I think doing this first step is the hardest one which is kind of weird as it really is saying "YES!" to yourself. Apparently doing that is less of a priority than keeping the ego happy, hihi.
Old 22-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Experiencer
I need to work on everything on that list.
"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII
Old 27-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Suspended
Sometimes we really need to be our own best friends too, sometimes things happen where we may feel embarrassed, thinking what will people think of me if i do this or that or am seen like this or with these people, or maybe we feel like we failed, even if you feel like you messed up we need to still be there for ourselves it can be helpful i have found to be like, "no matter what happens, i know me and im my best friend" this way i don't get caught up in worrying about what other people think so much... i was faced with a situation last night were i had to be like this, it helped but i have never felt so much anxiety... well i have but not for a while... it can be hard sometimes to not worry about what other ppl think of you (online is no problem) but in real life, yea... after it though i was seeing 11:11 all night saw it like 7 times so maybe was a lesson for me. and you can get into the detached state to where you are can feel free from it all, how long you can keep that going tho is on you.... was gonna say something else but have forgotten.
Old 23-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Master
I like this question, and I like the answers.

It's a really important topic so I'll share the work I've been doing lately (some of it for a really long time):

1) Honesty. Practicing being honest - with oneself to begin with and then with another. There are groups to join, friends to share with, posting here.. Practicing staying true, not get lost in shame or ego or pride or self-loathing. This means leaving friends behind who - honestly - make you feel less than you are etc.

2) Openness; to hear others, to listen in to what i actually being said - by people you do not understand or even like, even more so. (Not saying stick around when ppl are uncomfortable, no no, leave by all means). Seek out new people at allow them to be less than perfect, learn all you can from them as they are.

3) Willingness; to let The Universe show you the way. Allow the path to unfold, even when it takes you away from what yo want. This takes trust - but it also builds trust. And when we can trust The Divine, we can start trusting ourselves, and then we can trust others - and then we can start giving and receiving love from the outside.

-
Just lately I have gone through a process of dealing with luggage from my past - it is not something I intend to jot down here, but I can share if anyone is curious. Also, I've just started a new cycle of my two favorite 'projects': Infinite Possibilities (Mike Dooley) and the life saving FlyLady - for all us chaos sweethearts.

Can highly recommend both for falling in love with oneself <3
(In the good way, not the obsessive narcissitic way... Just plain, my oh my, I'm really a lovely person, I am... )

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 27-10-2019, 11:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Old thread, but im gomma ressurect it anyway...

It all starts with small things. If it's nice out, go for a walk. If you've got the craving for some ice cream, go for it! Watch a movie you've always wanted to see. Take yourself out to a cafe you haven't been to. It will feel a little awkward at first and you might get some weird looks, but you will learn to let it not phase you. As long as you tell yourself that you are ok with it... then you will be. It will all grow from there, you will get rid of old patterns, thoughts, friends, etc that no longer serve you well simply because you will realize that you do not deserve them. Before you know it, you will be a completely new person and people will be attracted to you more.

My personal experience started a long time ago. Back in college, i used to be a huge loner. I'd spend time by myself. I'd go for long walks in the woods very far away from where anybody was because that's where I felt at peace. I could hear myself and be in touch with myself. A lot of people saw me as an outsider and I felt so guilty and ashamed of it. By the end of college, I had improved a bit, but still have a long way to go. Instead of going for walks where there aren't people, I would go to local trails and even stores simply just because I want to see what I will attract and how I can attract it. I'm learning how to send out the positive signals versus the negative ones.

I've still got a long ways to go, I am still very much alone and experience plenty of lows, but compared to where I was when I started college, I would say I have come a long way. Another thing I have notice too, is to keep a journal. That also has shown me a lot of improvement. Just write down your thoughts. Stream of conscious style of whatever you want. Do that for a couple of years and watch how your voice changes. That will put a whole new perspective on loving yourself, like it did for me.

But that's all I got. Cheers!