Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you stop breathing you die... monk or not monk.
c'mon .... enlightened one's can even fly in the sky, walk though walls or on water
Old 10-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
c'mon .... enlightened one's can even fly in the sky, walk though walls or on water

Yes I can do all those things, but only in my dreams
Old 10-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground

This can be possible only when a person attained an immortal ability or became human and spirit transformable person. That's when he want to perform all the fly in the sky,walk on water or walk through wall. That's my theory and I'm working on it. Or I'm still on the early stage to do it. But I wanted my Cupid became human and can return back to his Cupid Godly body. So far so good he can be saw by some/few of the people now.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
This can be possible only when ...
c'mon Jeremy
Old 10-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyawaywithme
So can someone explain to me what Dyana means?
I read that some monks can stop their breathing through meditation and reaching full growth in body, mind, thought, soul. (I think that's what it said) and thus getting to the 4th Dyana

What is a 4th Dyana? Can you tell me why an ordinary person that's not a monk would be able to stop their breathing for days and weeks and not die?

I tried looking it up on Google and could not find a definite answer.

Thank you.
For definition of Dyana or Jhana, you can see wiki, but my definition of dyana or jhana is the level of your awareness/consciousness.
At 4th jhana, you will get abhinna. Abhinna is a special ability such as third eye opened, astral travel,... etc. Buddhism do not teach how to train abinna, because Buddhism is spiritual path, not occult path.
In my opinion, can be said abhinna is one of the obstacles and my people 'stuck' at 4th jhana and can't reach higher jhana(5th jhana). One of the reason is because the attachment on abhinna.
If you start from bottom to top(1st jhana, than 2nd jhana,... etc), you will not so interested with abhinna. But if you skip all of it and direct learn abhinna, you will attached on abhinna.

About stop breathing, no one in this world who own a body in this realm can stop breathing. If you experienced stop breathing in your meditation, examine yourself, are really stop breathing or your breath is very very slow? If you really stop breathing, what is your last breath, inhale or exhale?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Master
To stop breathing is a common occurance in meditation.

It isn't that you completely stop breathing it is that it slows way, way down.

The first time it happened to me it felt like my body was breathing for me. I felt no desire to inhale or exhale... To be honest it scared me when it happened and I popped right out of it.

The method for entering jhana begins with generating access concentration.

If your practice is anapana-sati, there are additional signs to indicate you have arrived at access concentration. You may discover that the breath becomes very subtle; instead of a normal breath, you notice you are breathing very shallow. It may even seem that you've stopped breathing altogether. These are signs that you've arrived at access concentration. If the breath gets very shallow, and particularly if it feels like you've stopped breathing, the natural thing to do is to take a nice, deep breath and get it going again. Wrong! This will tend to weaken your concentration. By taking that nice deep breath, you drop down the level of concentration. Just stay with that shallow breathing. It's okay. You don't need a lot of oxygen, because you are very quiet.

If the breath gets very, very subtle, or if it disappears entirely, instead of taking a deep breath, shift your attention away from the breath to a pleasant sensation. This is the key thing. You watch the breath until you arrive at access concentration, and then you let go of the breath and shift your attention to a pleasant sensation. There is not much point in watching the breath that has gotten extremely subtle or has disappeared completely. There's nothing left to watch.

http://www.leighb.com/jhana3.htm
Old 10-01-2017, 11:48 PM
Suspended
Yes this makes more sense now.

It wasn't that the breath was stopped. It just slowed down a lot, like in for 15 seconds than out 15 seconds.

Thanks for the replies
Old 10-01-2017, 11:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyawaywithme
Yes this makes more sense now.

It wasn't that the breath was stopped. It just slowed down a lot, like in for 15 seconds than out 15 seconds.

Thanks for the replies

Congrats, sounds like good things are happening.