Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Ascender

Brian Weiss' book "Through Time Into Healing" has quite a few past life regression cases where people's phobias were resolved after uncovering the past life or past lives from when they originated.

I personally can't think of any phobias of mine. When I was a kid, the only thing I can think of that I was truly scared of is ghosts. Does that count? I'd still be really scared now if I saw one. I've never seen one though. Otherwise, I don't think I have any phobias really.

Regarding trying to get toddlers/pre-schoolers to talk about past life memories and spiritual memories, I've been trying this with my daughter since she was 1 and she is 5 now. I've never gotten anything interesting out of her. I ask her questions like "do you remember when you were big before?" and "do you remember who/where you were before you were born?".
Old 14-01-2013, 01:30 AM
mom

I definitely have a phobia due to past lives. I really really get freaked out about the idea of people doing harmful things to someone else whom is helpless. I have had nightmares a good part of my life about torture and horrible situations, and even almost passed out when I saw my youngest under anesthesia while I was helping her doctor with a procedure. I know this stems from many past lives, as I've had many flashbacks of different lives where I was someone that was caring for wounded or sick. I even had a very detailed dream about unit 731 torture place in history that I was unaware of prior to the dream. It took me some searching online to discover what I dreamed about, and even came across a couple of photos from then, and I had been standing in that room in my dream. I've also had flashbacks of seeing someone getting their jaw wired shut in an assylum for no medical reasons, things like that.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Knower

I have read that a lot of children remember past lives, but because adults are hardwired to not believe them, tell them they are imagining it, eventually they come to believe this and forget.
I read about twin girls, their mother found them playing one day, they were acting out a car crash, with their various injuries they recieved before dying. Subsequent research found a local car crash before they were born, two children were killed, with identical injuries.
Old 24-01-2013, 09:56 PM
mom

I agree hannah. My daughters have both relayed experiences from past lives at a very young age... 3 years old. They said things that 3 year olds know nothing about. It was very obvious to me it was past life recalls.
Old 25-01-2013, 07:28 AM
sesheta

To LadyImpreza1111

My fear of water isn't what I would call "severe" but I still don't even look forward to taking a shower - I breathe a sigh of relief when it's over, lol! Can't remember the last time I soaked in a tub, or went in a swimming pool.....
It's mostly having water in my face, or being submerged in water, that bothers me more than anything....I don't know, maybe I was a cat in a past life
Old 30-01-2013, 07:34 PM
TruthSayer

I used to have an irrational fear of hanging upside down that I did not discover until I tried an inversion chair (for stretching the back). As soon as I inverted I started panicking for no apparent reason. This came from a past life death trauma when I was an African man hunting monkeys in the trees. I slipped and the rope secured to the branch and my ankle dangled me in terror for 12 minutes before it gave way and I fell to my death. My friends couldn't get to me. What a shame. It's healed and better now.

I also always hated the taste of limes. Turns out I had a very bad experience being conscripted into the British army to fight the rebel colonists (The Revolutionary War) and was seasick most of the time crossing the Atlantic. I was a skinny little fellow, assigned to swab the decks and cut limes for the Limeys. I was always cutting myself and getting lime juice in the wounds...ouch!

I also hate mustard because I was killed in battle in WWI by mustard gas!

I am aware of about 40 of my past lives, and have facilitated hundreds of PLRs for other people.
Smiles, Julia
Old 26-06-2013, 06:15 PM
LadyImpreza1111

Wow. That is cool that you can look back at 40 of your past lives. I'm only familiar with probably the last 2 or three and the details on some still seem kind of iffy.....Like I might be getting details of one life mixed up with another but I haven't done PLR yet.
Old 28-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Master

I remember as a kid, going on car journeys and being absolutely terrified when going down or up steep windy road. I was convinced the car would come off the road and I would die. I used to crouch on the floor of the car in a wreck whilst everyone in the family laughed at me.

I also remember my first holiday to Egypt - I cried most of the time, and talked about my mother non-stop about how she was a torment to me.

I also know that I can't cope reading / relating to anything to do with torture - any sort of inflicted pain of sorts has me crumpled in a heap. I think any form but i may be wrong and my reaction is extreme.

There are some past lives I know about and some I don't. None of these touch with these issues. I don't know if I need to know or not.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM
vision

I get very nervous around sharp knives...in fact more than one person has
commented on my dull kitchen knives. I don't care for anything tight around
my neck. When I look over cliffs, or tall buildings, I feel I'll plunge to my death. I've had several past life reading but none have shed light on these
phobias (tho I haven't asked about them).
Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I used to get nervous around knives too but it was a phase that passed for me. I was the same way about the neck thing and that was when I was younger. I don't like heights, yet I love to fly (I don't get that).

Methinks readings are a different ballgame from past life regression. You might get more answers from that.