Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Seeker

Rabbi Alon Anava's NDE

Has anyone here watched Rabbi Alon Anava's NDE account? If so, what did you think?

It's quite detailed.

I can post a link once I have permission.
Old 28-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Seeker

For some reason I can't post links even though I have made 17 posts.

It's right on (www) alonanava.com
Old 29-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkah Esther
For some reason I can't post links even though I have made 17 posts.

It's right on (www) alonanava.com

I know neither could I. Not sure whats wrong with that.
Old 30-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkah Esther
Has anyone here watched Rabbi Alon Anava's NDE account? If so, what did you think?

It's quite detailed.

I can post a link once I have permission.

It was quite an interesting account to listen to, however I don't agree to a few things he mentioned - like practicing the Noah's or one could go to hell because "God" might cut off your string. And things like dressing modest only for the reason that God is watching you all the time..I don't believe it matters to God what we wear rather what we do and treat others?. I feel like he did have the NDE after his drug overdose (?) but everything else he said must be taken with a grain of truth.
Old 30-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Deactivated Account
What makes it interesting, It's basically a Jewish version of a ''convert or go to hell'' type NDE while most of those NDE's are based on fundamental christianity. Is God trying to confuse us or something?
Old 02-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Master

I believe there are many 'heavens' and he went to the one he believed in, that would fit into his belief system and ideology.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:04 PM
Experiencer

There may very well be many heavens. However, for my thought, it makes sense to me that in a NDE consciousness is not yet completely free of the ego (won't be until the physical body can not be returned to)...so what is experienced is affected by the ego. That so many different (sometimes wildly) accounts in NDEs are reported is what makes me find this sensible.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Seeker

You do not need to convert to be a Jew to be considered righteous. Members from all the Nations can be righteous and have an afterlife and they are not bound to the same laws as Jews. Rabbi Alon Anava is a Jew and was tried as a Jew in his NDE (so keep in mind it is a Jewish NDE).

I still can't post links so here is a summary of the 7 laws:

1) Do not profane G‑d’s Oneness in any way.
Acknowledge that there is a single G‑d who cares about what we are doing and desires that we take care of His world.

2) Do not curse your Creator.
No matter how angry you may be, do not take it out verbally against your Creator.

3) Do not murder.
The value of human life cannot be measured. To destroy a single human life is to destroy the entire world—because, for that person, the world has ceased to exist. It follows that by sustaining a single human life, you are sustaining an entire universe.

4)Do not eat a limb of a living animal.
Respect the life of all G‑d’s creatures. As intelligent beings, we have a duty not to cause undue pain to other creatures.

5) Do not steal.
Whatever benefits you receive in this world, make sure that none of them are at the unfair expense of someone else.

6) Harness and channel the human libido.
Incest, adultery, rape and homosexual relations are forbidden.
The family unit is the foundation of human society. Sexuality is the fountain of life and so nothing is more holy than the sexual act. So, too, when abused, nothing can be more debasing and destructive to the human being.

7) Establish courts of law and ensure justice in our world.
With every small act of justice, we are restoring harmony to our world, synchronizing it with a supernal order. That is why we must keep the laws established by our government for the country’s stability and harmony.

(this was from Chabad.org)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
What makes it interesting, It's basically a Jewish version of a ''convert or go to hell'' type NDE while most of those NDE's are based on fundamental christianity. Is God trying to confuse us or something?
Old 05-12-2017, 05:59 PM
http://www.alonanava.com/

What I heard was great...each person has their personal NDE.
Ya sure don't have to be Christian as many think to have a wonderful time on the Other Side!
The Hindu NDEs are quite different ...also the Buddhist ones.
And, oh boy, the atheists and the suicides!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2017, 12:17 AM
Experiencer

What I learned in my research on NDEs, it's not atheists that have the bad experiences...it's those who are consumed in selfishness (greed, insensitivity) or those withdrawn into themselves in selfish pursuits (suicides) that have the bad experiences. I had been a confirmed atheist yet remained caring and concerned for fellow humans (and nature) for about 10 years before my NDE. What I experienced was beyond wonderful, despite my rejection of any diety.