Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSkye
A while back, another member posted a thread about having a desire to die, but not commit suicide. My experience is slightly different, and I'd like to get different views on it.

I don't have an immediate desire to die, but a readiness to die, if that makes any sense. I wish to live a life that will more than likely lead to an early death, and if that happens, then so be it. For many years I have wanted to adopt a money-lite lifestyle and gradually get to the point where I live money-free. A friend of mine has been living without money for over a decade and his philosophy is that when mother earth is ready to take him back, then so be it. I feel strongly about living this life with more authenticity, and in my case, it means that I have to take more calculated risks. I have tried to get this across to other people, but they insist that I should focus on living longer, planning for retirement, and staying safe.

Does anyone else what it feels like to be ready for death at any age?

Living money free and mainly of a macro/microbiotic lifestyle will mean careful planning etc to ensure that your health will remain optimum. Also for the health of any dependents you may have as well. Complete nutrition Is possible but you'll Need to educate yourself.

While you have stated nothing about living a high risk lifestyle, you have at the same time, Not stated any such plan for a more organic lifestyle which was more of my automatic take on your OP. With this in mind, it is not safe to assume that you're a planner who has taken steps to ensure a safe transition and future.

Societal programming dictates we 'need' to have this and that/ live certain ways in order to thrive. I agree that the programming is deceiving, and prevents us from living a lifestyle that brings us closer to the natural order of Nature and life in the wild. If this is what you were moreso referring to (as I said previously was my feeling), then I completely understand. At the same time though, I really hope that you plan as best you can to maintain the healthiest New Beginning for you and anyone else who may be accompanying you.

~ C.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
I simply related my own experiences and felt it may resonate with him. I took Starskypes words a different way and didn't feel that he has suicidal tendancies nor would I encourage that. I also take deep offence if you are insinuiting I did and suggest you reread what I said. Sometimes you need to sit and have a deeper look before going off half cocked after all this is a spiritual forum and the lines are bound to get blurred. If you don't agree thats fine, just report it.

No insinuation at all Buzz, i didnt go off half cocked. The words that starskye used are up for interpretation ofcourse and i feel that my question is a valid one. Thanks for taking the time to give me your interpretation.

I think its only fair if starskye has the chance to answer my questions if he/she would care to give me the time. I am only concerned that starskye is ok otherwise i would spend this time enjoying my wife and children. I dont enjoy conflict at all and all i want is know that starskye is thinking clearly and has a sense of how choosing this direction may impact on him/herself and those that love him/her.

I come in peace
Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Buzz

Thats fine Res and I appreciate your POV. I reacted because you name checked me. I have, like most humans have had thoughts of taking their own life at times. Sometimes a slightly different perspective is all that is needed to tweak a different understanding. Hence my comments. Undirected thought can spawn misguided actions, sometimes a different take on the issue is all that is needed in order to walk away unscathed and refocused.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
res

I hear you Buzz and thanks for the heads up on name checking people, im a bit of a newbie to all this forum edicate but im a fast learnerer.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Buzz

No probs mate.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Chalk1990

You're using the incorrect words, a desire to die is like saying a desire to cease existence. No one is to say what you can, and cannot do in your life, not even God himself, he gave us the choice for a reason. We create our own paths of life every day. God didn't want us to be robotic clones with no free will, where's the fun in that? I personally have a knowingness that I won't live to be very old, and I say it all the time when some one brings up a topic related to how long they'll live. I feel like I am here to do a job, then leave, but with this recognition, comes my spiritual strength, I am not afraid of dying, because I have Faith.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 PM
midnightstar

The way I read StarSkye's post he/she didn't seem to be thinking of deliberately leaving here, but that's just the way I read his/her post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Pathfinder
res,

I see that you have a very big heart; thank you for your concern. I am not interested in leaving earth as quickly as possible. I am interested in thriving outside of society's parameters and safety nets. I believe it can be done. I use the word "readiness", not "desire" because the life path I have chosen mandates that I be ready. It's like a person who chooses to join the military. The person knows that s/he may die in battle, so that person must be ready and accept the outcome if that is what happens.

A money-lite life frees me to live more fully on this earth. Eventually I'd like to be money-free, and if that opportunity presents itself, it will also come with challenges. I'd basically be trading one set of circumstances for another, and for me, being money-free and thriving at the same time is the ultimate dream. Of course I have to be practical about this. I do not have children and do not plan to have any because of my plans to be money-lite and eventually money-free.

Down the road, if I find myself in a situation where I do not have money for medical care, and I suffer, that will be the result of my conscious choice to live without money. I am accepting that reality. I know that sounds incredibly dismal to many, but it is a choice I make out of a desire to live at the total mercy of our planet. That doesn't mean the mercy will be short; I have no idea, it could be 30 years. That's what is so exciting about it.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Experiencer
Sounds great StarSkye. I'm sure you're aware that I don't advocate walking out in front of a bus; I correctly understood what you were getting at. Good luck with your plans
Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 PM
earthstarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSkye
A while back, another member posted a thread about having a desire to die, but not commit suicide. My experience is slightly different, and I'd like to get different views on it.

I don't have an immediate desire to die, but a readiness to die, if that makes any sense. I wish to live a life that will more than likely lead to an early death, and if that happens, then so be it. For many years I have wanted to adopt a money-lite lifestyle and gradually get to the point where I live money-free. A friend of mine has been living without money for over a decade and his philosophy is that when mother earth is ready to take him back, then so be it. I feel strongly about living this life with more authenticity, and in my case, it means that I have to take more calculated risks. I have tried to get this across to other people, but they insist that I should focus on living longer, planning for retirement, and staying safe.

Does anyone else what it feels like to be ready for death at any age?

I kinda get where your coming from, I'll always be ready when passing comes my way, but in no rush to get there. I did though feel from your post that it's the way your living your life at the moment thats not sitting well with you and the yearning for living a money free life that is holding you back. Wow what a way that would be to live, something i would love but would not know how to realisticly achieve it :) As for planning for retirement and staying safe......... is there such a thing nowadays? I'm not so sure..... why not try reaching for your dream of living this self sufficient life...... you might find it so fullfilling that you want to live till your old and grey :)