Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
blueIce

Did you ever feel someone touch you?

I had to bring this up because it was so amazing of an experience to me.

In was out behind my house smoking at night several months ago and I got this full blown smell of my dead grandmother. As clear as it was when I used to hug her. The unique granny smell that only she had.

Moments later it felt like energy was gripping my left shoulder, kind of tingly and slight pressure and it lasted for about 15-20 seconds. At the same time I felt as if she was trying to tell me she was okay, and not to worry. I didn't hear her or anything, I just felt it somehow.

It was sad, happy, odd, amazing and a bit scary but was as real as could be. 90% positive experience, just a bit unnerving at first because I wasn't even thinking about her and it took me by surprise. But it was as close to that I've ever felt since she died, outside of dreaming that is.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Master
Yes blue I have :)

Am so happy you can sense ..feel..and know your grandmother.

It is amazing and very special indeed

bless you

:)
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
blueIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Yes blue I have :)

Am so happy you can sense ..feel..and know your grandmother.

It is amazing and very special indeed

bless you

:)

back at ya. :)

I hope I can develop further to really be able to contact her one day, at will would be nice. Have a chat and a smoke and hear her ***** about Bill Clinton. It feels possible. How? not a friggin' clue yet.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Sangress

I've had spirits and people alike make that kind of energetic contact with myself. I am able to "touch" people with my own metaphysical form as well.

I have similar experiences such as your own on a weekly basis.

Often it is very moving to be comforted by the souls of the recently deceased.

A mother figure of my own who passed away due to cancer a few months ago gave me a warm tight embrace about 20 minutes after she physically died. I was glad to know she handled dying pretty well, she was very glad to be free of the discomfort of physical pain and morphine. She said that it was a "bugger" she had to leave her kids, but they were good boys and they would take care of each other...which is very true.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM
blueIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
I've had spirits and people alike make that kind of energetic contact with myself. I am able to "touch" people with my own metaphysical form as well.

I have similar experiences such as your own on a weekly basis.

Often it is very moving to be comforted by the souls of the recently deceased.

A mother figure of my own who passed away due to cancer a few months ago gave me a warm tight embrace about 20 minutes after she physically died. I was glad to know she handled dying pretty well, she was very glad to be free of the discomfort of physical pain and morphine. She said that it was a "bugger" she had to leave her kids, but they were good boys and they would take care of each other...which is very true.

I would love to feel that.

I used to feel energies passing through me years ago even when just walking around town. It stopped though.

Do you find anything gives you this ability, or enhances it, or is it something you always had?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Sangress

Always had it. But, just like anything, using skills on a daily basis strengthens them and enables you to use them more easily.

My metaphysical state of being is unusually closely tied with my physical body, so I need to be aware of what is going on...etc or I get ill and can't function very well.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Experiencer
Absolutely! Spirit hugs are lovely.

I have found that doing energy work and self-healing really enhances this ability, because the more you become accustomed to "feeling" energy, and the clearer your own energy system is of emotional issues and past traumas, the more powerfully you can feel things like spirit touch and the energy of spirits around you. Inner energy work like chakra and meridian balancing and EFT are wonderful tools to open yourself up. I developed the ability to communicate with spirit quite by accident in the course of doing these things and have since noticed there is a massive correlation between how clear my energy centres are (especially third eye chakra) and the clarity of the communication. Most people's energy system is all stuffed up so they don't have access to these abilities (like we can't smell anything when we have a cold), but they are there for all of us if we can dig them out!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM
chezig

Hi Westleigh,

I really needed to read your words.......... I have wondered for weeks now why I am feeling so disconnected... now I know why, i havent made any time for myself spiritualy, I have a 5yr old and a 4 month old (both boys) I also work full time so by the time I usually get to sleep its 10pm and im exausted (this was usually the time I chatted to spirit)
Thanks for your words, i am now making a New Years resolution of making time for my soul!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Absolutely! Spirit hugs are lovely.

I have found that doing energy work and self-healing really enhances this ability, because the more you become accustomed to "feeling" energy, and the clearer your own energy system is of emotional issues and past traumas, the more powerfully you can feel things like spirit touch and the energy of spirits around you. Inner energy work like chakra and meridian balancing and EFT are wonderful tools to open yourself up. I developed the ability to communicate with spirit quite by accident in the course of doing these things and have since noticed there is a massive correlation between how clear my energy centres are (especially third eye chakra) and the clarity of the communication. Most people's energy system is all stuffed up so they don't have access to these abilities (like we can't smell anything when we have a cold), but they are there for all of us if we can dig them out!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Experiencer
I'm glad it helped, chezig. You're quite right, when we are wrapped up in our busy physical life with no time to go inward it does disconnect us. Even if we are busy (and perhaps especially if we are) it really helps to make time for ourselves. Our energy body is like our physical body - if we don't work with it, it gets out of shape. You might say that not taking the time for "soul work", just like not taking the time for physical exercise, is like being a spiritual couch potato.
Old 15-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Rich1987

Yes, I have a good few times.