Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Master
I saw this talk recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6CILJA110Y, and found it interesting.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Ascender

http://www.madinamerica.com/2012/01/...ing-madness-2/
Old 14-09-2015, 06:16 AM
Master
Im through the madness to a big degree ,a full six months , Im standing up to it and its trying hard to have a go but little does it know that Ive learnt alot from it and I am strong and wise enough now to face it with Love.....
Old 18-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Master
I'm just watching the live podcast linked below, and the first speaker was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
‘More Harm than Good’ conference can be watched live

http://cepuk.org/moreharmthangood/

More Harm Than Good: Confronting the Psychiatric Medication Epidemic

a one-day international conference at the University of Roehampton

The Council for Evidence-based Psychiatry invites you to join global leaders in the critical psychiatry movement for a one-day conference which will address an urgent public health issue: the iatrogenic harm caused by the over-prescription of psychiatric medications.

There is clear evidence that these drugs cause more harm than good over the long term, and can damage patients and even shorten their lives. Yet why are these medications so popular? What harms are they causing? What can be done to address the problem?

This event brings together key experts from both sides of the Atlantic to debate these issues, and we invite you to join the discussion

http://cepuk.org/2015/09/07/harm-good-conference-can-watched-live/

CEP is pleased to announce that its upcoming conference More Harm than Good: Confronting the Psychiatric Medication Epidemic will be ‘live streamed’ via YouTube on 18 September. This means that anyone with an Internet connection can watch the conference for free in real time. In addition, each of the talks will be filmed and posted onto the CEP website for later viewing.

There are two streams to view. The first starts at 9am BST (GMT+1) and will record the morning session. The address is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8kMnFTBgvc

The second starts at 2pm BST (GMT+1) and will record the afternoon session. The address is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaSF1vjCwrk
Old 18-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Master
Ive had every Cat Dog and family member try to convince me on meds ,but why on earth would I ,its obviously a spiritual awakening ,youve got to be brutally honest

with yourself ,stop being lazy and grab this thing by the balls with all means ,,,,Jesus is so cool not only will he keep revealing but he also offers healing ,thats why

some say he is lucifer as well ,bringer of the light,uncovering all in us ,no longer can we hide when we are committed to true spiritual development..Amen
Old 20-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
with yourself ,stop being lazy and grab this thing by the balls with all means ,,,,Jesus is so cool not only will he keep revealing but he also offers healing ,thats why

Hi. i'm Not a Christian.

i was forced sectioned/hospitalised/medicated 4 times & made dependent on the medication. i've had very little in the way of more comprehensive psychological/social support.

i've been very focused on a healing path - the issue hasn't been a 'lack of balls' & laziness.
Old 21-09-2015, 12:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
Hi. i'm Not a Christian.

i was forced sectioned/hospitalised/medicated 4 times & made dependent on the medication. i've had very little in the way of more comprehensive psychological/social support.

i've been very focused on a healing path - the issue hasn't been a 'lack of balls' & laziness.

Sure - I think the medical approach is based on a 'fix it', or at least 'manage it', mentality, and it does neglect a person's social/environmental circumstances. One author I read said that the more we ignore the person's enviro-social world the more we situate that person as both the cause and locale of all their problems. That's also a problem in psychological therapy, and spirituality approaches also 'blame' the individual. I mean for example, we don't know how hard you work or you ballsiness, yet the assumption is, you must be in some way flawed or at fault. It's simply not reasonable. A person is not isolated and their life experience is within their social/environment, and the conditions in which a person experiences their life make a big difference.

The conference was pretty good, informative. Thanks for linking that. Keep up the good work - this is the best mental health thread ever.
Old 21-09-2015, 10:15 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I mean for example, we don't know how hard you work or you ballsiness, yet the assumption is, you must be in some way flawed or at fault. It's simply not reasonable.

i agree with all your post. There is a lot of denial around all the alternative views to mental health - in acknowledging all the more comprehensive psychological, social & spiritual aspects to it all. In taking a far more integral/holistic view - the majority of people seem incapable of being able to.

i have been blamed & attacked a lot for having the difficulties i've had, especially from people that don't know me on-line.
Old 23-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Ascender

Some interesting books on a more comprehensive/in depth view of psychosis -

John Weir Perry -

Trails of the Visionary Mind
The Far Side of Madness

Lord of the Four Quarters
Self in Psychotic Process
Roots of Renewal
Heart of History – Individuality in Evolution

Some others -

Jung – Symbols of Transformation (Collected works 5).
Anton T Boisen – The Exploration of the Inner World.
John Watkins – Unshrinking Psychosis.
Schizophrenia: The Positive Perspective: Explorations at the Outer Reaches of Human Experience - Chadwick, Peter
Old 24-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Ascender

Will Hall: Healing is Human Nature

We followed Will Hall, mental health advocate and counselor, to Vermont where he was conducting a “Train the Trainers” Harm Reduction workshop with Oryx Cohen. All the participants were people with lived experience who wanted to help others navigate their mental health crisis.

During the workshop we sat down with Will and he spoke with us in his typical articulate manner about avoiding isolation, finding meaning in the experience and the importance of feeling extreme emotions – approaches that could be helpful to anyone and especially someone in a mental health crisis.

http://crazywisefilm.com/2015/09/23/...-human-nature/