Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 17-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Master
Why does society try so hard to undermine astrology?

I was just curious of your experiences on this.
I have a science background heavy in chemistry, and physics. Growing up I heard astrology was innacurate silliness.

I never really gave it much thought till my 2nd awakening @2012.
I was so utterly shattered I looked at everything, astrology included though I am about the least Capricorn-y Capricorn I was so lost I had no choice but to look closer for anything.

I got my birthtime rectified and there in the moment of my birth was the anti-Capricorn. Looked like science and math to me. It was so erring accurate that I
for a while fell even further into my pit of dispair. The thought that I was just math, the sum of stars spinning at certain tragectories and combinations felt I was less a being and more a calculation or simulation.

Thankfully I am ok with that part now. :)

However I still see the world mock astrology and can’t stop wondering how are their blinders so firmly attached. Scientifically if you can prove a theory works repeatedly which astrology has been doing for eons it becomes accepted.

Do you think a large part is the lack of birth times being recorded in western hospitals? Or are people afraid to see the truth?

I’m curious what holds people back from seeing it for what it is. :)
Old 17-11-2018, 08:05 PM
Master

I don't think there is a conspiracy ... It is just that this domain didn't succeed in proving itself enough. It is the same with many other domains, some of them more easily proven.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by Native spirit : 17-11-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 17-11-2018, 09:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I don't think there is a conspiracy ... It is just that this domain didn't succeed in proving itself enough. It is the same with many other domains, some of them more easily proven.

If you want to promote astrology to get more followers, instead of complaining of the lack of interest, write clearly, concise, and repeatedly, providing decent reasons, concrete examples, to change their minds.
Hi inavalan,
I’m not sure why you interpret my words as complaining about the lack of interest, complaining at all or saying there is a conspiracy. You are adding something I didn’t imply or even believe. I am just curious about the oppinion of others who have found the truth in it and why they think with such testable results it has remained in the shadows.

I also do not really care if there are more followers, I am just interested in why the modern human psyche can appear to be objective and science based when really some topics are simply off limits for scientific exploration.

After I posted my question I realized there are a great many who disbelieve climate change and think the world is flat so science is deniable to many.

I know too the scientific community has often breen forced to avoid such areas of study to not lose standing amount peers and possibly funding for other projects.
Old 18-11-2018, 05:10 AM
Master
Is there good evidence for its accuracy apart from your subjective experience?
Old 18-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Seeker

I don't know of any longterm scientific study that proofs astrology is true. You said, it was proofed repeatedly but I have never heard of a study that proofed it. You would need a statistically relevant group of people of each zodiac sign and ascendent and compare their personalities. I doubt that this has ever been done or that anybody could do it.
Old 18-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Guide

I am waiting for evidence that astrology is accurate. And that is what science and main stream society finds lacking.

Astrology is more of an interpretive art than a solid science at this point in time.

Considering the progression of the constellations over the millennia since humans began looking to the stars to understand themselves and their world, there is a lot of inherent inaccuracy in it.

For instance astrology places me as a Cancer... or maybe a Leo. Some astrologers say the Cancer end-date is July 20th. Others have it as July 22 or even July 23rd. So I peg myself as a CLEO and ignore horoscopes as they never fit.

And yes, I do know my time of birth, so that isn't an issue.

Until/unless solid proof of astrology's accuracy is found, it will remain mostly a thing of idle curiosity for most. Very idle.
Old 18-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Guide

I find more and more people are starting to identify with their sun signs at least. People with no interest in astrology quite often seem to be able to identify with their sun signs and are familiar with the characteristics. Not all people, but I do find this with some people who otherwise have no interest in astrology or spirituality or whatever.

I love astrology and am always learning but even I sometimes get frustrated with astrological forecasts. However, the closer I have started to examine my birth chart and the transits that took place during significant events in my life has proven quite accurate. Like I looked at the day I met my former partner (whom I dated for six years) and I had like four planets transiting the 7th house and my Venus and Jupiter I think were activated. All of the indications I read about meeting a partner were present in my chart that day and surrounding week.

I also just watched a video that said when the north node transits the 9th house expect to do some long distance traveling. My north node is transiting the 9th house right now until next fall and I am going to Germany for four months this spring.

I made some small predictions based off coming transits for these past six months. So far two predictions have proven themselves accurate. In May I again have tons of planets transiting my 7th house and a bunch of other indicators that I might meet someone significant. We will see what happens! I am learning as I go but have a deeper appreciation for astrology now. I'm just learning how to distinguish between which transits are more significant than others in making predictions.

I also see the math and science behind astrology and find it fascinating. However, most people don't even know how astrological forecasts are made (people outside of this forum that is with no interest in astrology). I am a grad student and am surrounded by academic types, many who are atheist, so I keep my interest in astrology quite secret because yes many of them do think this is all silly. I had one seminar for a course and we were discussing former president Ronald Reagan and his wife Nancy who was interested in astrology. People were joking about Nancy Reagan being this eccentric nutcase. I didn't speak out amongst my peers but it showed their general attitude toward astrology.
Old 29-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Master

Why does society try so hard to undermine astrology?

Maybe because most people are only aware of their sun sign, and they find it hard to believe that on any given day one twelfth of the population will experience whatever is predicted for that sun sign in the popular press.

When we consider the full natal chart then it becomes more intricate. Two people born on the same day may have very different ascendants, which in turn affects the houses and the areas of our lives affected by planetary influences.

And a Piscean born in 1995 will have a very different chart to a Piscean born in 1975, so the popular daily horoscope for Pisces cannot provide an accurate reading for both.

So it is not surprising that many people dismiss astrology, because their understanding of it is so limited.

Regarding long-term scientific studies, Michel Gauquelin did many such studies, and found significant correlations between people in certain professions and certain planets in their charts (sportspeople-Mars, actors-Jupiter, doctors-Saturn).

It would be interesting to look at the lives of unrelated people born in the same place at the same time, who would have exactly the same natal charts, to see if there were parallel events in their lives. But even in these cases there would be other factors such as karma, Soul purpose, family circumstances, etc, all of which would have some kind of effect.

Peace.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Master
I was never really a big believer in astrology until i started reading more into it. Some of the things were too accurate to ignore. I can't say it to be 100% true though as my experience may differ from others.

Quote:
However I still see the world mock astrology and can’t stop wondering how are their blinders so firmly attached.

Many will mock that which they don't understand or view as a threat. I can totally understand why a person wouldn't believe in astrology even after viewing their chart.

Quote:
Do you think a large part is the lack of birth times being recorded in western hospitals? Or are people afraid to see the truth?

Maybe the truth is, is that nobody really knows anything.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Seeker

I think because as with everything in life, to get a full grasp of something you have to put a lot of energy into studying it. When astrology has this notoriety, a lot of people are put off from getting into it and seeing for themselves what is it about in the first place. Then there are people that propagate the superficial-entertainment aimed side of it and make people think it's all about daily horoscopes or sun signs. Many people guard their image and are afraid to be thought of as stupid or irrational, so that's another reason. There's also not a lot of information for newbies out there that explain this in a logical way. Psychology oriented astrology is what some really intelligent psychologists study on the side, because if it doesn't work at some energetic level, at least they know it's a projection of human subconscious archetypes onto outward stars. And it tells a lot about humans.