Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 26-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Experiencer
Hallo,

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It's not the negative things that bring a person down, but how they feel and react to them.

youre right of course.
But what about things on television for example? There are always people being hurt or dying.
I cant just see this objectively and think it doesnt matter, because it does for those people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Then there's kind of a trap, because it actually does get you down and there is no outlet of expression... and if you did you'd probably be told rather glibly not to let it bring you down, so there's no point expressing.
Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
That's when it's important to realize that there are other ways of expressing - there's making art, singing, writing, etc. I'm not sure it always has to be about expressing our feelings to anyone in particular as long as we let it out, let it take form somewhere outside of ourselves.
From this point of view its clear that its important to let things out. But as a child for example, you cant react in the same way. If you cant express things you just let them where they are - unexpressed.

@all:
Its not just the negative things, its me talking about whatever. I chose to keep things to myself. Not just some, but a lot of them.

-

E. A. Poe​

Old 27-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
It's only a problem if you feel it's a problem. If you admit the defeat and not do anything about it. There is a choice in it, there is always a choice. You can choose to let it take you down, or you can choose to stay above it.

The problem is the idealism is not the reality, and long endurance of abuse gets people down. It's like so easy to upset a baby, and continually... gets the kid down. Adults not so different.

Quote:
It can be rough for kids that get bullied in that most adults that talk to kids don't take kids serious, or feel that the kids should know this, or know that. So adults end up brushing off kids, or tell them to grow up, etc. Yet they themselves forget what it was like when they were kids. It does become discouraging for a kid when they have no one to talk to... That is why there are guidance counselors if the parents, or teachers won't listen to them. There are also phone numbers, and help lines set up for them to talk to someone that will listen. Telling yourself that there is no one to talk to, or listen to, will only make things worse. That person then needs to find someone that will listen. If the first person doesn't. Find a second, or third. Talk to friends as well. Let it all out. They could also journal if they need to.

There is always a point in expressing. It allows it to be released out into the open, and let go of. Instead of holding on to, or turning inward.

I'm glad they have help lines and councellors etc... alot of folks don't have any friends,
Old 27-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
That's when it's important to realize that there are other ways of expressing - there's making art, singing, writing, etc. I'm not sure it always has to be about expressing our feelings to anyone in particular as long as we let it out, let it take form somewhere outside of ourselves.

Could it be there is no solution sometimes and we just live with it as best we can? Maybe sometimes something just gets broken, and just like badly broken knee, it hurts for life.
Old 27-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Could it be there is no solution sometimes and we just live with it as best we can? Maybe sometimes something just gets broken, and just like badly broken knee, it hurts for life.

I agree, in that sometimes I feel there are no permanent solutions and all we can do is do as you've said as live with it as best we can. Things happen to us throughout our lives - sometimes they stick, sometimes only parts of it stick, sometimes it comes back to haunt us after many years. All those things make us who we are. If we can know ourselves enough to recognize it coming through, step back a couple of inches, and remember to not let it have control, the effects can become easier to bear. A badly broken knee may hurt for life but there are ways of managing that hurt to bring comfort and help us get on with our day. Talking about those events, painting, singing, humming, getting them out of the body, is one of those ways of managing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
From this point of view its clear that its important to let things out. But as a child for example, you cant react in the same way. If you cant express things you just let them where they are - unexpressed.

This is very true - and this is also where I believe all of us as adults, those of us who understand how important it is to let these things out, have a responsibility to help those who are stifled. Sometimes we can't make a difference ie picking up someone else's crying baby, etc It just wouldn't be appropriate. But in those moments when we can do something, when we recognize that there's something there we know about - it's important that we do so.

Old 28-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
Hallo,

youre right of course.
But what about things on television for example? There are always people being hurt or dying.
I cant just see this objectively and think it doesnt matter, because it does for those people...

What is it about things happening on tv that brings you down? Is it the innocent people dying, or being hurt that gets you upset? The thing with watching tv is that we are only seeing the side that is portrayed by the media, or the news. We are not getting the whole story. It's easy to see the person that murdered another, and write them off as a monster. But we don't see the side of them that was abused every day of their life by their parents that drove them over the edge.
Old 28-11-2010, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The problem is the idealism is not the reality, and long endurance of abuse gets people down. It's like so easy to upset a baby, and continually... gets the kid down. Adults not so different.

Kids are genuinely happy and they know nothing but that happiness.. Until other scenarios are introduced to this child. Since they only know happiness they do not have the tools to combat that which is introduced to them. So they either shut it out, or shut themselves out to stay safe, and happy. Most times those hurts become stored within the subconscious of the child. A child is innocent in that it knows nothing but what it feels to be good. When you shatter that image for the child it can be hard for that child to get it back. Most children are taught during growing up normal functions that will allow them to function in society, such as reading and math, but are not really taught coping techniques, or ways to let go of things. Most are even told to grow up, and or stop being babies all the time. Which just adds to their self esteem issues.

It's only easy for adults that have been taught those tools. Even for adults they can struggle with such things. Depression is very rampant for the older generations.
Old 28-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Ciqala

I definitely know my throat chakra is related to my feelings. I had anxiety festering inside of myself, as soon as i voiced my fear to someone, i felt a surge like lightening clear away in that chakra. Apparently, i did not fully unblock it, but knowing that, it makes sense that any emotion kept inside, that can fester, does not serve the throat chakra, that can be anger, resentments, fear, ect, speaking the truth stands for that.

I have a very strange question though. Can smoking block the throat chakra? I know it's not good for anything, but i've read that singing, screaming, giving the throat spicy and exhilarating things like cinnamon mints are good for it, perhaps my smoking a pack of cigars a day is blocking it.
And perhaps i have more secrets to tell people.
Old 25-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Guide

my problem right now is i want to speak my mind because f a work situation and i know i am right but no one else is listening and tney are making costly mistakes! and its effecting me because they are making decisions about my work!