Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 05-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Master

I bet singing and humming would help.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Enya

Surprised no one has mentioned that yet, In Progress.

Trying toning - it's very good for loosening the throat and for clearing issues around speaking your truth. The simplest way is to think about your chakra and ask for a tone or note to be given. You should hear it in your head or, when you open your mouth and just start making a 'noise', you will sound a note. Keep making this sound and as it rises, that's your chakra being cleared.

Try chanting mantras or simply - 'Om' (aum). Or whatever word resonates for you, like peace, love, god, goddess...

When the throat chakra is congested, you can't clear your throat (this also happens when spirit guides are building up energy in the chakra). If it's really bad or you feel you want to express something which you have no words for, then go somewhere private and make noises. Cough, bark, hack, urg... make it as expressive as you can, maybe even stamping your feet and moving around as if you are coughing something up. Scream, shout... then when it's shifted, open your mouth and let yourself sing...
Old 13-11-2010, 04:39 PM
AhimsaGal

Hi everyone, I'm new to the boards. This is a wonderful thread. I've suffered from sore throats and laryngitis all my life and I'm sure it's connected to being unable to speak my mind. While growing up, my opinion was never encouraged or even really ever asked for. It was a 'children should be seen and not heard" kind of an environment. Now as I enter into middle age, I'm finally getting comfortable with having a voice of my own and speaking my truth (albeit not defensively as in the past), and the sore throats are becoming much less intense and less frequent.
Old 20-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Master
Unless the technique is correct excessive singing will give a sore throat and make you lose your voice.
Old 21-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Deactivated Account

wow, great thread!
Old 25-11-2010, 03:40 PM
DulcePoetica

"Excessive singing" is an oxymoron! But it's true about good technique preventing sore throats and other kinds of physical strain!
Old 25-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora
I think I'm absolutely not used to do so. And I dont like to talk about negative things because they drag you down.

It's not the negative things that bring a person down, but how they feel and react to them. Thus allowing themselves to be dragged down by the wording. If I said the cat chased, and ate the mouse. You could look at it like, well that's what cats do. Then that sentence means nothing to you. It's a normal every day thing for a cat and mouse. If you instead create a negative experience out of that. That poor mouse lost it's life. It may of suffered. Now there is a family that is missing one little mouse. Eventually your thinking will create a negative experience that will drag you down.

In turn not speaking about something that you may feel is negative would be not expressing what you are feeling. In time you could start to turn it inward because you weren't expressing it.

If you were to say you hate your job, and everyone there, while it may be negative in ideal. It's nothing depending on how you speak and feel with those words.

If you focus on the negative of you hate your job, and everything you do stinks, and you hate the way they do this to you, and you hate that... Eventually you will start a victimization mentality that will create a negative experience of what you are feeling at the time. Eventually you will start creating the negative yourself because you've become so fixated and focused on it.

To comabt that negativity you must distance yourself from the situation, and look at it objectively while not dragging yourself down with it. If you say you are not happy with your job because you do not like the way they do this and that. You do not like the way they treat the employees. You are not creating a negative experience because you are not creating the mentality of them against you. You are looking at it objectively.
Old 26-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Master
The other problem is maybe people just don't want to hear it.

On the other thing it might be ideal to think that we don't let things get us down but in practice they do sometimes, like if a kid is bullied endlessly it gets him down... and maybe he doesn't express it coz there's no way out, no one would get it or no one really cares.

Then there's kind of a trap, because it actually does get you down and there is no outlet of expression... and if you did you'd probably be told rather glibly not to let it bring you down, so there's no point expressing.
Old 26-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

On the other thing it might be ideal to think that we don't let things get us down but in practice they do sometimes, like if a kid is bullied endlessly it gets him down... and maybe he doesn't express it coz there's no way out, no one would get it or no one really cares.

Then there's kind of a trap, because it actually does get you down and there is no outlet of expression... and if you did you'd probably be told rather glibly not to let it bring you down, so there's no point expressing.

That's when it's important to realize that there are other ways of expressing - there's making art, singing, writing, etc. I'm not sure it always has to be about expressing our feelings to anyone in particular as long as we let it out, let it take form somewhere outside of ourselves.

Old 26-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

It's only a problem if you feel it's a problem. If you admit the defeat and not do anything about it. There is a choice in it, there is always a choice. You can choose to let it take you down, or you can choose to stay above it.

It can be rough for kids that get bullied in that most adults that talk to kids don't take kids serious, or feel that the kids should know this, or know that. So adults end up brushing off kids, or tell them to grow up, etc. Yet they themselves forget what it was like when they were kids. It does become discouraging for a kid when they have no one to talk to... That is why there are guidance counselors if the parents, or teachers won't listen to them. There are also phone numbers, and help lines set up for them to talk to someone that will listen. Telling yourself that there is no one to talk to, or listen to, will only make things worse. That person then needs to find someone that will listen. If the first person doesn't. Find a second, or third. Talk to friends as well. Let it all out. They could also journal if they need to.

There is always a point in expressing. It allows it to be released out into the open, and let go of. Instead of holding on to, or turning inward.