Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Experiencer
I believe it is possible... from what I have been told, we do not strictly need to come to Earth for spiritual progression, as we can (and do) spiritually progress in the spirit world too. For example, if children die young, they continue to live out that life in the spirit world to its completion, and still learn from it. But the things we learn are so much more profound on Earth that I think it would be unusual.

Younger souls are certainly common enough - everyone has to start somewhere so of course you will find people now and then who have had only a few, or even those on their first one. I also have no doubt that people progress at massively different rates and I am sure that some people come to learn in a few lifetimes what others take ten or twenty or more to achieve. I know that our guides generally need to have at least a few lifetimes behind them in order to truly understand the human experience and be at the place they are.

Either way, anything is possible, isn't it?
Old 19-01-2011, 08:57 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
I believe it is possible... from what I have been told, we do not strictly need to come to Earth for spiritual progression, as we can (and do) spiritually progress in the spirit world too. For example, if children die young, they continue to live out that life in the spirit world to its completion, and still learn from it. But the things we learn are so much more profound on Earth that I think it would be unusual.

Younger souls are certainly common enough - everyone has to start somewhere so of course you will find people now and then who have had only a few, or even those on their first one. I also have no doubt that people progress at massively different rates and I am sure that some people come to learn in a few lifetimes what others take ten or twenty or more to achieve. I know that our guides generally need to have at least a few lifetimes behind them in order to truly understand the human experience and be at the place they are.

Either way, anything is possible, isn't it?

A very fair summation.
Old 19-01-2011, 08:58 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I think the original question is can a person be born once and not have to reincarnate coming back. Service or lesson isn't the question is this correct? We're speaking about ascension.

I've never had a clear definition of 'ascension' - can you help please? Is it simply spiritual evolvement, spiritual progression?
Old 20-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
To stick with the A ...Z analogy.
the length all depends on what font you use.
Wingdings will make it long, something like Haettenschweiler quite short.
Then you could use a fine font, Courier New or a heavy font like Rockwell Extra Bold.

x daz x
Old 20-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Gauss

Quote:
Why do we tell ourselves we have to suffer and what do we mean, we make our own suffering. There are many I say suffer but they ignore what they're suppose to be suffering.

The comment on no-karma is interesting. What is the end of karma, when does it end. I think no-karma changes that importance we see that suffering is. I'm not familiar with the Falun Dafa. But consider there are teacher who tell us Karma can be fulfilled in one's lifetime.

I don't know if I like this idea at all but some may recognize this as part of the way. Of course this means that part of being flawed and being human we hold onto the attachments made during karma. In a way many cannot give it (karma) up, it's memory.

I believe if you have little karma when you are born you will not need to suffer that much in this lifetime. If you have brought lots of karma with you you will get illnesses and hardships no matter how you try to protect yourself.

If you want to become an immortal in this life you absolutely must suffer consciously, suffer losses consciously and pay off all of your old debts(unless you are a God without past lives).

Just my thoughts, no truth whatsoever and it has nothing to do with Falun Dafa.
Old 20-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Master
Quote:
I think the original question is can a person be born once and not have to reincarnate coming back. Service or lesson isn't the question is this correct? We're speaking about ascension.

I think it's important to understand that ascension isn't the "goal". At least, not for many, many of those who could ascend at the end of any physical lifetime and choose to come back for service to the rest of us. For them, it is all about service, about giving, about unconditional love and compassion.

Just to keep it simple, look at Mother Theresa and the Dalai Lama. I would also include Thicht Naht Hahn. And there are many others. They consciously chose to reincarnate out of love and for the benefit of all of us...not only humans but all sentients...the nice and the "not-so-nice"...regardless of how far some of us may still have to go.

When one has reached a state of grace as they have, the attachment of the divine spark to the divine source is strong...hence the choice they have made is all the more moving and inspiring. This is the embodiment of divine love in human form. So perhaps the "goal" is to work toward a level of love and compassion that would enable ascension [which I'm looking at as the state at which we can choose to ascend or return]...though the kicker is that it seems almost every soul at that level chooses service...and returns

As they say, it's not about the destination...even when you are at the destination (LOL)...seems it's always about the journey...whilst orienting the heart on the destination.

Peace & blessings,
7L
Old 20-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I've never had a clear definition of 'ascension' - can you help please? Is it simply spiritual evolvement, spiritual progression?

Yes it is simple spiritual evolution. I do not believe in decension...

I explain ascension as I have been told in example. Certainly examples of people in religious stories make it clear enough. It's leaving the earth rising to heaven. Conflict of these ancient stories is that the physicals body ascends to. Today we might say the body dissolved and so didn't. In metaphysics we don't place emphasis on the body though the body is important and spiritual, but it the mind or consciousness that ascends. What's important is the I. You are still you.

There's a person I knew whom I have great respect for who told me this is their last time on earth (within this plane of existence which is nothing but energy) and they will not return to it. They will be reborn in another plane of existence or level. A person may think of it as heaven, we see it in terms of levels to that concept. We only don't know the form or require the form. When speaking of ascension we're speaking of direct conscious ascension. The manifesting of it.

Maybe someone else can explain it differently but you hit the nail right on the head, it's simply spiritual evolution realized. It is conscious, directed, and knowable. Moving through the levels of higher realizations. What you see here as reality that level will have it's own reality to us that will make perfect sense just as this one does to us. You will continue until returning to the source.
Old 20-01-2011, 08:38 PM
mac

Quote:
Yes it is simple spiritual evolution. I do not believe in decension...

I explain ascension as I have been told in example. Certainly examples of people in religious stories make it clear enough. It's leaving the earth rising to heaven. Conflict of these ancient stories is that the physicals body ascends to. Today we might say the body dissolved and so didn't. In metaphysics we don't place emphasis on the body though the body is important and spiritual, but it the mind or consciousness that ascends. What's important is the I. You are still you.

There's a person I knew whom I have great respect for who told me this is their last time on earth (within this plane of existence which is nothing but energy) and they will not return to it. They will be reborn in another plane of existence or level. A person may think of it as heaven, we see it in terms of levels to that concept. We only don't know the form or require the form. When speaking of ascension we're speaking of direct conscious ascension. The manifesting of it.

Maybe someone else can explain it differently but you hit the nail right on the head, it's simply spiritual evolution realized. It is conscious, directed, and knowable. Moving through the levels of higher realizations. What you see here as reality that level will have it's own reality to us that will make perfect sense just as this one does to us. You will continue until returning to the source.

Thank you for the explanation - it's what I understand already under but without that name.
Old 21-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Master
Quote:

Those who come in service, all have ascended before, and with this have a cycle of life times here or somewhere else.
On the other hand ,there are entity who ascend and never had a life time.
An entity could have a life and say, bugger this, I take the long road, and it is a very long road, compared to the incarnation cycle.
But this is only hypothetical. It is almost impossible to come in for one life and leave. Certainly not ascend.
Old 21-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Is it possible that there are a few souls out there who never had a past life and actually become perfect enough not to have another lifetime?

Like one lifetime and that is it? Is this possible?

I would think the only candidates for this would be Jesus Christ and his mother Mary.

But besides them two, is it possible that people can get it right in one lifetime? Literally become part of the Divine?

When people begin to understand that it's not about right and wrong, only then will their understanding change. Right and wrong are judgement, and if the Universe doesn't judge nobody else has the right to. Not you, not me, not anybody. And saying that Jesus and Mary are the only candidates, sorry, but that's a narrow and religious view of the Universe.

People don't get anything wrong in their Lifetime, it's about experience and not about lessons. And again saying that anyone gets it wrong is about judgement - there ain't none. If they do get it wrong then that's in their eyes and not anyone else's.