Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-10-2017, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I am an advocate myself in regards to promoting certain techniques and practices, I have undergone a few that worked wonders for me .

Like you say what you practiced worked wonders for you .

You hear of some that didn't entertain any practices or enquiries as such and the penny still dropped .

That is not to say that in previous incarnations one wasn't a slave to their own techniques and practices .

If your not ready, your not ready, if you are, you are .

Some are ready to entertain self enquiry, meditation, yoga and self healing but depending on what baggage one has to let go of will dictate / reflect how seemingly rapid one works through it .

Is their heart really in it . Is one totally dedicated to realize what they are, is one disciplined enough to self enquire and think of nothing else?

How long is anyone's piece of string .

For an individual that has minimal baggage that has purified themselves prior to incarnation may simply sit and become quiet and realize what they are, for another one may sit quietly for 50 years and not realize anything other than what quietness is .

Like said I am an advocate for certain practices but there are no short cuts .

There can seem like stagnation and there can seem like rapid advancement, but it will be down to where your at and where your heart is at in the grand scheme of things ..

Self realization doesn't happen by chance or by accident, it happens when all the right ingredients are present .

x daz x
Point taken with due respect.

I admit to approaching this from a Kriya Yoga and Tantric viewpoint, as that was the whole culture and tradition I was raised in, which was probably my own 'past-life baggage' itself!

According to my own tradition and my ways, there is one sure-fire way of hastening the 'rising of the sun' but there's no way I am ever going to do it! Hell would have to freeze over first!

The technique is called 'Khechari Mudra' or 'flying in the Akasha' and it consists of severing the connective tissue of the tongue at the point of the frenum linguae, milking the tongue until you look like Gene Simmons out of KISS and then shoving the tongue up through your nasal cavity and into your brain, catching the drops of nectar/soma produced by the Bindu Chakra before they drop down into the Manipura Chakra to be consumed by the fire there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khecar%C4%AB_mudr%C4%81

Yeah, I have seen the yogis who do that...they cannot speak...they cannot eat...they often choke on their own tongues, ya know?

I mean, I've done other stuff...sutra neti...shoving catheters in my nose and out my mouth...I've done dhauti...swallowing meters of muslin cloth bandages to collect bile before regurgitating them...doing Shank Prakshalana...drinking 3-4 litres of very hot water with epsom salts and lime mixed in...then doing nauli kriya to massage my intestines with the water, before walking around in Kakasana (crow-pose) to aid fast bowel elimination..what I went through back then...what I did...but there was no way I would mutilate my body in the name of spiritual enlightenment...but alas, some do.

I just thought Shivatar may also appreciate 'my ways' as we are pretty close in the whole 'spiritual sense', but yeah, we are also very different as well.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Master
Having said all that 'God-like' you are totally correct.

I spent about 10 years of my early adult life trying to raise Shakti (Kundalini) using all the traditional methods and all of that was just a primer for what occurred 2 years ago.

There was a time when I wanted it...when I expected it...and nothing happened because I was 'trying too hard' and wanting it to happen.

Then back in mid 2015, I was doing trataka on an image of Lord Shiva...not focusing on Kundalini at all...just doing what I was doing out of unconditional love for Shiva - nothing more or less than that.

Then, it happened...and before I could say; "do NOT want" and "I'm not ready yet" and "not NOW" it was like "too bad, ready or not, here I come" and all I could do was just surrender to it.

Then, I was like this for months after:

Old 04-10-2017, 11:31 AM
Knower
The absolute fastest way of getting there is to....

1. Contemplate the value of a human birth for progressing spiritualy.

The incarnation is rapidly spent sleeping or indulging in various sense desires causing more an more desires and new karmas to experience.
Contemplating the fact that death may strike anytime, can aid in cultivating this true desire to be free,
and finding the inner bliss that is the birthright of all.
Seeing the fact that one is stuck in suffering due to ignorance of the truth.

This will lead to the "fastest technique".

Which is.....

2. The strong intense prayer, urge, will, true desire to merge with the Source which constitute the reality of Oneness.

What comes out of that is foolproof answer/response from the Universal Consciousness, in form of the appearance of a path/technique/ or teacher which will be the fastes route for you.
"Initiation"

So this step is crucial.

Without it, all techniques are just techniques......
Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Having said all that 'God-like' you are totally correct.

I spent about 10 years of my early adult life trying to raise Shakti (Kundalini) using all the traditional methods and all of that was just a primer for what occurred 2 years ago.

There was a time when I wanted it...when I expected it...and nothing happened because I was 'trying too hard' and wanting it to happen.

Then back in mid 2015, I was doing trataka on an image of Lord Shiva...not focusing on Kundalini at all...just doing what I was doing out of unconditional love for Shiva - nothing more or less than that.

Then, it happened...and before I could say; "do NOT want" and "I'm not ready yet" and "not NOW" it was like "too bad, ready or not, here I come" and all I could do was just surrender to it.

Then, I was like this for months after:

I think people need to listen to what they are drawn to do (or not be it the case) . Then test the waters or not depending on how strong the urge is . Some will just window shop and stick their big toe in while others will dive in head first .

Sometimes the hare's speed wins the day, but there are many more days to to come, just ask the tortoise .

One I would say can't help but go at their current pace and from a position of the blatantly uninterested to the extremely devoted and depending on who fits into which category won't necessarily end in one's desired result . Perhaps the desired result entertained is part of the parcel of why things don't go as planned .

Like an individual that wants a short cut to enlightenment or Self realization or the fastest possible way to achieve bliss or peace .

Things in life have a habit of manifesting in a manner of all ways and the results of such manifestations can really only result and end in one way .

What results in is down to each individual and it will depend on themselves and not so much in that which is practiced or desired . ...

x daz x
Old 04-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Master
It also depends on whether the path you tread is a well-established one, based upon practices and disciplines that have been steeped in tradition and culture.

It could be the case that I have been a Hindu in many births...I may have even been a Sadhu in quite a few.

I was propelled head-long into this whole tradition, culture and religion from a very early age, with the full awareness and knowledge that this is what I was in the whole 'spiritual sense' but not in the whole existential sense.

For I also know that (what we identify as) Brahman, has no religion, no creed, no tradition, no spirituality because it is just pure spirit, pure consciousness itself.

Yet, there has been 5,000 years worth of teachings from the Vedas to Patanjali to Satyananda to Osho to Swami Lakshmanjoo saying "if you want Samadhi, here's what you need to do to get it" and yeah, that would only apply to another of the whole Hindu/Tantric bent...or may not even apply at all in the end.

Therefore, putting all hares and tortoises aside, to answer the question of "secret practices for rapid spiritual development" one would first need to ask "according to what sampradaya (path)?" and if one doesn't have any path, like Shivatar does not, the whole question, point or anything arising from the asking would all seem pretty moot anyway.

Then I would have others say "why are you telling Shivatar what has worked for you?" and I'd be like "because it's the internet and it allows me to do such things". lol
Old 04-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
It also depends on whether the path you tread is a well-established one, based upon practices and disciplines that have been steeped in tradition and culture.

It could be the case that I have been a Hindu in many births...I may have even been a Sadhu in quite a few.

I was propelled head-long into this whole tradition, culture and religion from a very early age, with the full awareness and knowledge that this is what I was in the whole 'spiritual sense' but not in the whole existential sense.

For I also know that (what we identify as) Brahman, has no religion, no creed, no tradition, no spirituality because it is just pure spirit, pure consciousness itself.

Yet, there has been 5,000 years worth of teachings from the Vedas to Patanjali to Satyananda to Osho to Swami Lakshmanjoo saying "if you want Samadhi, here's what you need to do to get it" and yeah, that would only apply to another of the whole Hindu/Tantric bent...or may not even apply at all in the end.

Therefore, putting all hares and tortoises aside, to answer the question of "secret practices for rapid spiritual development" one would first need to ask "according to what sampradaya (path)?" and if one doesn't have any path, like Shivatar does not, the whole question, point or anything arising from the asking would all seem pretty moot anyway.

Then I would have others say "why are you telling Shivatar what has worked for you?" and I'd be like "because it's the internet and it allows me to do such things". lol

I think certain worthy practices have stood the test of time . I believe there is a science behind certain practices that compliment one's mind-body-spirit relations .

If harmony is one of the keys to attain then yoga and meditation works as a well trodden path rather more so than hand clapping .

Like you say in regards to the question of "secret practices for rapid spiritual development" one would first need to ask "according to what sampradaya (path) .

My initial venture / enquiry into 'Who Am I' some 20 years ago led me to simply sit quietly and meditate . Yoga gave better results at first because it took 3 years for me to get what meditation was about or what it can potentially reveal about oneself .

Again, yet another 5 years before realization occurred .. and I am still experiencing awareness in meditative states 12 years on ..

I would put money on yoga and meditation over and above anything else but what if it took another person 15 years to just get the jist of it ...

It doesn't put meditation in a good light from that perspective, but like I said .. it's not so much the proven practice that is the problem or the answer, it is to do with whom is partaking in the practice ...

The practice works just like a car works, but cars can respond differently depending on who's driving .

Are they blind? Are they drunk at the wheel? These are the contributing factors that one has to consider before getting behind the wheel .

Once established one can work on their weakness .. just another process within a process .. where meditation and yoga helps / transforms / transmutes .

x daz x
Old 04-10-2017, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I think certain worthy practices have stood the test of time . I believe there is a science behind certain practices that compliment one's mind-body-spirit relations .

If harmony is one of the keys to attain then yoga and meditation works as a well trodden path rather more so than hand clapping .

Like you say in regards to the question of "secret practices for rapid spiritual development" one would first need to ask "according to what sampradaya (path) .

My initial venture / enquiry into 'Who Am I' some 20 years ago led me to simply sit quietly and meditate . Yoga gave better results at first because it took 3 years for me to get what meditation was about or what it can potentially reveal about oneself .

Again, yet another 5 years before realization occurred .. and I am still experiencing awareness in meditative states 12 years on ..

I would put money on yoga and meditation over and above anything else but what if it took another person 15 years to just get the jist of it ...

It doesn't put meditation in a good light from that perspective, but like I said .. it's not so much the proven practice that is the problem or the answer, it is to do with whom is partaking in the practice ...

The practice works just like a car works, but cars can respond differently depending on who's driving .

Are they blind? Are they drunk at the wheel? These are the contributing factors that one has to consider before getting behind the wheel .

Once established one can work on their weakness .. just another process within a process .. where meditation and yoga helps / transforms / transmutes .

x daz x
Yes, I get this.

What you are saying, in a nutshell is what is 'rapid' for one, may be tardy for another according to karmas, samskaras and whatnot.

Some of us take to yoga and meditation like a fish takes to water - also noting there are different types of yoga and meditation as well.

I could do asanas for years and all that will happen is I get better physical health, but after an hour of Bhakti Yoga, I will get what Hatha Yoga cannot give me.

There's a beautiful story in regards;

My mother wants to learn meditation and I am not the one to teach her, even though she has asked me countless times and countless times I have tried - because I can go into a meditative state at the drop of a hat.

She's always saying to me; "why can't I meditate"?

The other day, we were in the car and to pass the time, I put on some mantras.

So it was, my mother goes "that is so boring...they are just saying the same sentence over...and over...and over...it's annoying me and frustrating the hell out of me!"

I was like "duh! because they are chanting a Mantra". lol

She says 'why can't they just chant the mantra ONCE and be done with it?"

...and of course I go; "wanna know why you can't meditate? case in point!".

For my mother, she will ask if there's any secret practice for rapid spiritual development and all I could ever say would be "for you?...nope".
Old 04-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I get this.

What you are saying, in a nutshell is what is 'rapid' for one, may be tardy for another according to karmas, samskaras and whatnot.

Some of us take to yoga and meditation like a fish takes to water - also noting there are different types of yoga and meditation as well.

I could do asanas for years and all that will happen is I get better physical health, but after an hour of Bhakti Yoga, I will get what Hatha Yoga cannot give me.

Yes exactly ..

For the fruits of your labours to eventually bloom, you first need the fertile soil .

It's easy for prize winning roses to bloom in the right environment just as it's easy for masters to be at peace .

Getting the right environment within yourself is the difficult part .

Certain practices can create an environment that allows one to create another and another, all that will result in the right environment eventually, but as you and I know and many know, creating a fertile environment is not going to happen while one is deep rooted in the previous environment created .

You have to do the work / labour to some degree in order to create the right environment .

At a point it becomes less work / effort and the environment eventually takes care of itself .

Finding the right method of working will come eventually, for some it happens because they have tried everything else and nothing has seemingly worked ..

x daz x
Old 04-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes exactly ..

For the fruits of your labours to eventually bloom, you first need the fertile soil .

It's easy for prize winning roses to bloom in the right environment just as it's easy for masters to be at peace .

Getting the right environment within yourself is the difficult part .

Certain practices can create an environment that allows one to create another and another, all that will result in the right environment eventually, but as you and I know and many know, creating a fertile environment is not going to happen while one is deep rooted in the previous environment created .

You have to do the work / labour to some degree in order to create the right environment .

At a point it becomes less work / effort and the environment eventually takes care of itself .

Finding the right method of working will come eventually, for some it happens because they have tried everything else and nothing has seemingly worked ..

x daz x
Of course then it all boils down to how much time are they personally willing to give it before deciding it 'doesn't work'.

So, in the case of 'rapid spiritual development' the delineation must be made 'what is rapid?' instantaneous? a week? a month? a year? compared to what is NOT 'rapid' in regards?

For some, becoming enlightened in this birth is 'rapid' or becoming enlightened within the next three births is 'rapid' compared to reincarnating a hundred times before it eventually occurs.

Some people will try something a few times, notice nothing is 'happening' and go 'well, this doesn't work'...like me hoping to cure an infection by taking antibiotics for a few days only then discontinuing with the course of them because my infection is still there. lol
Old 04-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Suspended
Why in this forum there's only one type of practice that can become God like. They're Buddhism of others practice and the result is much more "real". Kundalini is suffering and not a fast type of practice of God like method.

I use forty years after my mentors have integrated into my body and teaching me. I can use my third eye to see outside my body when I'm three years old.

So there's no fast method that can fasten your energy levels of become an enlightened or awakened or ascended person. It all depends on that person's ability or capacity to gain what he can or what he can't.