Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 26-06-2017, 02:17 AM
Seeker

Unhappy Losing faith in my guides...wondering what to do

Hi all,

I've been working with spirit guides since 2005 or so. At first called them angels but then after realizing I never actually noticed any particular difference with Archangel Michael or Metatron, etc. and reading about angels (or not) in one of Michael Newton's books I just started calling them spirit guides.

Lately however I've really been struggling with trusting my guides in particular with one issue, though more broadly just in general.

The main sticky issue is whether or not I want to incorporate moderate use of marijuana or alcohol in my life or not. I was at one point just being sober and thought I would eventually just stick to that for my life, assuming that is what my guides would suggest and healthy "spiritual" people do.

However, through a lot of soul searching and personal experiences, thinking about what it means to be human, incorporating the shadow side of me, stuff like that I came time and time again to the idea that some marijuana and alcohol use was right for me and actually just part of who I was.

I would get messages I attributed to guides (because they sounded the same, arrived the same way via thoughts) that it was true to see this as the truth and many times that smoking was true for me at various times (not every time I asked or every day mind you, just certain times).

However, most times I smoke or drink there seems to be unintended/negative consequences, though nothing super horrible.

And now today I'm hearing from what I assume is my guides that it's true to just be sober..though I have asked about that constantly and to once heard that as my truth.

So I'm just questioning everything right now and sick of dealing with this. Tired of consulting my 'guides' for everything and not really getting straight answers half the time.

Seems like it's better to just decide on my own and let the chips fall where they may. Though that makes me really sad as I feel like I can't really count on anything and I have no idea what to really believe in anymore.

Wondering if anyone else has gone through anything else like this?

So sick of disillusionment at this point..
Old 26-06-2017, 03:32 AM
Pathfinder
Maybe try something like oracle cards, or ask a reader you really trust if you have one. Something from outside.
Old 26-06-2017, 01:19 PM
Guide

In my personal experience, guides give advice, but do not actually tell me what to do. Many times I have asked direct questions and gotten run-around answers, partial answers, or "we cannot tell you that."

Seems the whole "system" is set up to encourage me to make my own decisions, and guides are around to listen and suggest.

When I DO get answers, it is most often in response to philosophical or spiritual questions, not everyday decisions.

A silly question like "What is the color of love?" ellicited an answer. Questions about how to overcome sadness or loneliness bring comfort and support, but no solid answers.

When I asked if a certain friendship would develop into more than friendship, I was told that it was up to this friend and myself to decide if we would take it further. They did assure me that he cared, but made no forecast. I was told that relationships are Earthly matters that would teach important lessons, whether it turned romantic or not. They would not interfere, as that would be like giving me the answer sheet without me doing any actual studying.

Ultimately, the decision is yours. Is your life better, happier, more satisfying with alcohol and marijuana, or without? Only you can say.
Old 26-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Master
Guides will typically not tell you whether you should smoke or not because that is a decision that you take on your own free will and they won't intefere with that. If you need advice on something major like finding your spiritual path they can be of assistance. We need to take ownership of our own lives and live it the way we see fit.
Old 26-06-2017, 09:37 PM
Master
Hi astrologybrian.

bluetiger and Shoni are spot on and indeed correct. This is entirely your decision.

Personally I wouldn't trust any type of guide which tried to force anything on me anyway to be quite clear, to me it does not seem your guides are doing this, but offering suggestions. This is not disillusionment some of their answers you know. Some things we are not meant to either know, and like stated already they do not care much for our personal concerns as human beings. They do not have any interest in making our decisions for us as human beings, asking my guide about it would produce the answer- do whatever you want... or do it yourself... or if I asked them about something personal... so....? Then and?

Essentially they are telling us to make our own decisions, we obviously know how, we make a multitude of decisions everyday.

Best advice one could give Imo is the motivation and support to make our own decisions.

Your guides actually probably are purposefully being indecisive to move you toward the realization that the decision is entirely all yours, and yours alone.

Many guides I communicate with seem to answer in riddles and further questions. They are merely attempting to help you think for yourself.

If I asked a guide of mine- what is the purpose of the sun they would respond- What do you think? It is obvious isn't it?

Or I don't know... what is the purpose of the sun?

This is an aspect in Native American belief called "Coyote Teaching". It is a unique way for those whom naturally have coyote medicine to teach their medicine.

The point remains the same, make your own decision, enjoy your life and worry less.

Best wishes to you along your path through this life.

All the best.
Old 28-06-2017, 03:41 AM
Seeker

Thanks everyone...I definitely have been thinking more and more I just need to make my own decisions.

One thing that is very confusing, however, is that unlike what others are sharing I do in fact very frequently get a message like 'certainly you could see this as the truth and it would feel SO GOOD!'. So I do in fact get direct confirmation about all sorts of things, or so it seems.

Of course these are things that I seem to intuitively feel are right for me anyway, so maybe they are giving me a push.

But like today, heard several times it was true to go to this local place to play basketball. I get there and all the courts are full. Then I hear it's true to just go back home. What the hell was the point of that? Why do I even ask guides if they don't provide any useful information?

Honestly there is a part of me that deeply wishes I'd never heard of angels or guides because I don't know what is real and would rather have just had a more normal life.

Also bewildering is that I continuously get messages even when I don't really want them about what is true for me in myriad little situations. It's not that it's not helpful, it's just so different than what Doreen Virtue states that you have to ask angels for help. In my experience they don't leave you alone even if you want them to.

Another thing that is deeply troubling to me is I used guides, synchronicities and my own feelings to move on from past dreams of being a musican/rock star. In part because it seemed like some of my main motivation was to be admired, loved, finally feel good about myself, etc. But now I wonder what to really trust.

I think I will just try my best to make my own decisions as best I can. It just pains me and saddens me to have such grief and distrust even with my so called spirit guides.

thomwalters - you are correct in that my support system here isn't great. I have one really good friend I talk to and a couple others I like OK. I am in therapy as well. Could use more of a support system though I've been trying to build that for years.
Old 28-06-2017, 01:30 PM
Guide

I have to wonder about the source of the messages you are getting. I rather doubt guides would try to lure you into doing anything by saying "it would feel SO GOOD."

I am not sure why you use the word "truth" as in the example "then I hear it's TRUE to just go back home." Playing basketball is entirely a personal decision, as is going home if the courts are full. Either option is a choice, not "truth/true."

My advice, for what it's worth, is to reconsider where you believe these messages are coming from. It seems quite possible that they are your own mind doing what our minds do everyday... carrying on an internal dialogue as we think and choose and live.

You wanted to play basketball, your mind said "go to the basketball courts." The courts were full, your mind said "just go home." I do not see any evidence of a higher intelligence or guide at work here.

I can understand your desire to have an entity or guide to literally take your hand and guide you through life, making decisions and telling you what to do. Like a mother does for a small child. That generally is not how guides work. That is not often how the world works.

Blessings. I hope you can piece things together and find your way.
Old 28-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Seeker

This is an interesting thread. I am relatively new to guides and working with them, so I hope you don't mind my thoughts, ultimately stemming from my truth.

Firstly I feel you are in what I consider "Religion" territory. (Which is a person's personal choice of calling). This for me is the distancing of personal responsibility for actions and adding an entity as the reason for actions "the Devil made me do it" "God brought this into my life". Usually pertaining to negative and positive behaviours or situations respectively.

You seem to be applying this to your guide. Which is absolving you of responsibility for actions or even choices presented to you. Ignoring your own personal desires perhaps?

Maybe a little overthinking is occurring here and you need to perhaps go back to basics a little and take that control back of your thoughts, and be grateful for "opportunities" positive or otherwise brought into your life by your guide, who only comes from a place of love.

Once you are in this mindset you can start owning your choices and the repercussions good or bad. I feel you on the drinking front, I want "another" is a common thought when I'm out socially, but through previous lessons, know that an additional beverage may not be the best idea. So I then apply higher/lower thinking and take responsibility for whichever choice I make.

If I consistently have negative repercussions to a situation I repeat I am to blame as I chose to not learn my lesson or took the lower path to often and karma/three fold law, however you may perceive it kicks in. I think once enlightened these lessons become more apparent.

I hope you take my thoughts as simply just my truth and relating from the alcohol perspective. It's your body and YOUR mind, guides are loving 'buddy's' that try to help out with what we want in our lives at times and this life is a moment in our existence to live a little and learn with or without them if we choose.

Good luck.
Old 29-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Pathfinder
Brian, have you considered that you could be a Gemini rather than a Taurus?

You seem pretty sensitive to your inside voice. Everybody has an other self ,but, the dance is different for a Gemini.

I have a meditation technique using numbers and the non-dominant side of the brain that could really be an awesome journey. Equal parts spirit and science. All it really needs is for somebody to follow the instructions.
Old 29-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Funny thing is, when me and my friends are drunk we sometimes engage into that spiritual talk about ghosts, guides, etc but whenever I wake up sober the next morning I'm all like: ''what the hell was I talking about'' because in my sober state I am very sceptical and find it hard to believe in things like angels and guides.