Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 20-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Experiencer
an old friend passed away

I just learned of the passing of an old friend. She and I became friends back in the 80s, had a reunion in the 90s with years of staying in touch; after some life changes I lost contact info with her. Today I decided to do a online search (my sister-in-law, who was also friends with her, kept on forgetting to get me the contact info), only to find that she died two weeks ago.

The past few times I looked up somebody who I had longed to get in touch with after a long absence [one was an old coworker for whom I had great admiration; the other was the mother of a childhood friend who was also my sponsor when I became Catholic (I'm no longer Catholic)]. I'm beginning to think I need to stop looking up people.
Old 20-02-2011, 10:56 PM
earthprowler

I'm really sorry for the loss of your friend.

I have had people in the past that I had lost contact with over the years. I noticed that before I found out about them passing I would have a memory of something to do with them pop into my head. Something we did, a place we went, ect.......

what memory did she give you? or what made you think of her?
Old 20-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
I'm really sorry for the loss of your friend.

I have had people in the past that I had lost contact with over the years. I noticed that before I found out about them passing I would have a memory of something to do with them pop into my head. Something we did, a place we went, ect.......

what memory did she give you? or what made you think of her?

I remember her moving in across the street from where I grew up; we became friends within a year. She knew I was gay before I told her. She moved to the next town, then I moved out of state. We were out of touch for a while because my mother didn't like her, but we had a reunion back in 1991 and had been in touch for years. I don't know what it is, but over the past few years I've had this longing to reach back to people I once knew. In some cases I've learned it's best to leave well enough alone (I've had a few people forget, or say they didn't remember me). She passed on 2/7, and my birthday was last Tuesday. I'd been wanting to get back in touch with her for some time, especially the two times I moved back to PA (but didn't live back in my original area).
Old 21-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Master
I'm really sorry for your loss, truly I am. I know what it is like to loose a friend and it's not easy. But honor her in some way. For example I had a friend who used to swim with me in college pass away, so for a month everytime I swam I was like "this one's for you Sue" and I still do it when I swim, it's my way of honoring them and remembering them in a way that they would enjoy. If I were to pass I'd certainly hope someone would swim a few laps for me :)
Spiritlite.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Experiencer
Then I think I need to make a visit to a DQ soon and have a peanut butter milkshake.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:34 AM
MYFIGO

I just imagine she came by to say goodbye and left you with the memory. Sorry for your loss. If you talk to her tonight, I'm pretty sure she can hear you.
Old 21-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Master
WK go for it and have that shake :) Trust me it helps.
SPiritlite.