Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 30-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Leah85

Cat Can we be in love with two people at the same time?

Have you ever loved two people at the same time and been afraid of making the wrong choice?

Do you think that life ends up keeping who's best for us in our path?

Being in love with two people means being confused or means a strong connection to both? May the connections have the same nature (romantic feelings) or they are different, but due to the intensity of the connection one is not able to distinguish?

I thought when I was young that it was possible to truly love one person only, but now I realise more and more people nurture strong feelings for more than one individual. Life's just too complicated nowadays...

I don't know if you read a Paulo Coelho's book, "Brida", in which the narrator explains that Soul divides itself from generation to generation and the "Other Parts" of us (which would be something similar to "Twin Flames") would be more and more from time to time. If one meets more than one "Other Part" in his life, would end up going through pain and suffering since the connections would be very intense, magnetic and one, having to choose, would be thinking of the other "Other Parts" through the rest of his life.

Well I used to be one of those who says "I am going to be happy no matter what, Life is Wonderful and ain't it being otherwise, no matter how, no matter with whom". But growing up I started thinking in a different way; there are so many special people that is for sure, but for us only few people will be really meaningful at all. And life may change completely depending on the person we choose to be with.

I have shared my reflection on this, I look forward to read yours as well

Love and Blessings

Leah
Old 30-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Kapitan_Prien

In my past (as it really isn't a 'past life' strictly speaking) - I was romantically in love with my half-sister and my wife. I had been able to go through some letters I wrote back then on an auction site and, from what I could gather, my half-sister did live with my wife and I. There are several letters, which - if one 'reads between the lines' - one can get a sort of 'feeling' of what I felt for my half-sister back then.

It is no different now for me.
Old 30-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Guide
The way I look at it, a mother's love for her second child is no less and no more than the love for her first. And the love for her first child is no less and no more than it was before her second child came along. The fact is, love is not something that is meant to be limited to just one person for the rest of eternity. In fact God loves us all and he wants us to love others as he loves us and there is no love greater than God's love.

Of course sexuality is a different story because there are usually consequences that come along with having sex without using good judgment. One way of handling that is to only have sexual relationships with one person at a time. But sometimes that can be impossible if sexual feelings are present that we can't help. But the short answer is that yes we can be in love with more than one person at once. It's called polyamory. And being faithful to more than one person at once is called polyfidelity.

I don't think that the universe always gives us who is best for us. That is our job. One thing that I have learned is that the universe is not here to make our lives easy for us. Just the opposite in fact. It wants to make our lives difficult. God on the other hand does conspire to make our lives more meaningful if we are willing to follow His subtle guidance.

Have patience. If you're in a relationship already and you find yourself falling for someone new, I think the best thing is to use self control before consummating the new relationship. Be honest with both people involved. Wait until things become more clear to you what path you want to follow.
Old 30-10-2010, 08:09 PM
becomingshaman

I believe a person can be in love with more than one person at a time. At least, I've been able to. It's a complicated thing, because it's not an approved feeling in our society, but...it can happen.

Life does not always give us who is best for us (if "best" is defined in a positive way). I felt a very strong connection to my ex...who ended up being abusive, and that time spent with him, being steadily broken down, was over a decade worth of my life. It's weird, though. I just "knew," when I met him, that he would be the father of my children. I never had that feeling about any other men I dated, but with him, it was the strangest thing. I just knew.

Now, later, while I am so grateful for those children, I am much more grateful that I am away from that man. I've had to do a lot of healing work in the places he destroyed, and I'm sure there's more yet to do. So, sure, I could say we were "meant for each other," and there was definitely a soul connection, but if I would have made a different choice, there is no doubt about there being a much different outcome.

I learned a lot through the abusive relationship, especially during the years I slowly began to wake up and begin the long hard journey OUT of it...but I wouldn't want to re-do that kind of a relationship again, nor would I wish it on anyone. In the end, it was an experience that taught me so much...yet I think there are better ways to learn, ways that are much less destructive.

Last edited by becomingshaman : 30-10-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I don't believe the universe is anything but impartial - but I agree with the whole thing about the love for two being complicated - as becomingshaman stated - that it's not approved in society.

I still love my half-sister for many reasons, but also love my wife still as she gave birth to two of our daughters and evidently wasn't 'put off' my my character. *laughs* I also still feel loyal to both of them as well.
Old 30-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Master
Hi I have loved two people at same time in past and it is very confusing, more so when both love back ... the way I see it now on my own brief self reflection of your post, regarding my experience, is that we can have strong energy connections to certain people , one person may fullfill one part of us, the other another part. Confusion comes from thinking about choices, watching and observing would have been a better option for me..
The answer was in who was I myself? What did I really want?
What were my individual needs that were for positive growth .. mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually?
Connections may also come from what we term as past lives.. past loves.. and the feelings may arise in this life. For example what if you where married to one for many life-times and the the other for many life times.

It does get down to what path do you wish to travel? And even maybe if needed asking yourself some questions like " how is your self esteem? Am I a reactive person? Is it there physical body I am attracted too? Keeping the sexual involvement to one person as inspirit pointed out is sound advice;
as traveling that path sexually with two causes pain in the end rather actual love to yourself and others.

The decision finally is yours as respectfully; it is your journey and your decision. I feel for you as I personally found it very very difficult at the time and it lasted years.
What I found for me in the end, is that it did pass..as funny enough now years later I am not in love with either! Though I care for them.
Ispirit..Quote: Of course sexuality is a different story because there are usually consequences that come along with having sex without using good judgment. One way of handling that is to only have sexual relationships with one person at a time.
I think some connections are like energy lines between people ( so to speak).. The connection may be on the levels whereby there is an invisible link .. in any of the energy centres.( charkas). There are many forms of LOVE.. it is a word that has captured poets and writers for centurys. There is also... love and lust..a fine line between two.
I dont feel it is wrong to love two people. It is what you do with it and your soul intent that counts.
May you smile and be happy always
:)

Last edited by Smiler : 30-10-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 30-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Master
Can you be in love with two people at the same time? No, you can not.. Can you love more than one person at a time? Yes you can.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Master
Good question
I don't think you can be equally in love at two people at the same time. Different TYPES of love yes, you love this one because that one has a good sense of humor, you love the other one for their sensitivity. It's like you're loving two people because together they make one hell of a person, make sense?
I don't believe in triangular relationships it leads to nothing but hurt feelings, low selt esteem etc unless ALL PARTIES are okay but really okay with it.
I think loving two people means you're taking what you love about each person and in the end it's like loving one person hope that makes sense.
Spiritlite.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:32 AM
jebdiez

I had that experience before. I was really confused. I already had a gf, but when my ex called me, I can feel that I still love her. I know its not right because you cannot love two person at the same time. I just asked for guidance and I did the right thing. ^_^

Co-Dependent Personality
Old 01-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Master
Well I'm in love with all people out there, we are all within Consciousness, this is our true SELF, if you love your true SELF, then you love all, just because you spend your life with someone or go to bed with someone, doesn't mean you love them more. You can't love more or less, you can't turn it up and down like a dimming switch.