Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 18-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Master
how do you know when your in love ? (what are the sighns that you had)

I was just wondering how do know when you are in love? and falling in love with that person. i ca'nt say i was ever in love to any of my boy crushes before. its more of lusting at first glance. i know that dophimine plays apart in it as well, also is it a sicentific concept on why we are attracted to the pontential partner we want. like for instance some girls are attracted to blonde hair and blue eyes, others may like brunette's with green eyes. like i have said before i never felt that i was in love with a boy before. maybe just the intense feelings that comes along with looking at them at a first glance. i do'nt know if any of the boys i have liked have ever felt like that they have fallen in love with me. so i never knew because tend to send mixed messages or it seems like it.
Old 18-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Henri77

Have you drunk champagne?
Felt like dancing with no one else around?
Felt giddy for no reason?
Couldn't stop thinking about someone you like?

Infatuation or love, who can really say.. judge.
But that's how I remember it.

Bring loved back... now that's another story...feeling. As I couldn't always (easily) tell.
Old 18-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Henri77

Infatuation vs Love (what psychology claims)

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Infatuation_vs_Love

http://psychcentral.com/library/love...fatuation.html
Old 18-10-2012, 05:26 AM
sesheta

What are the signs that you truly love someone??
Well, I can only claim my own experience, of course :)

When my "better half" started working at the same place as me in 2010, I did not find him stunningly good looking or anything....he had nice eyes, but other than that I didn't really notice him much physically.....
But over time, as we worked more together (mostly on the same shift) we talked more, and got to know each other slowly. I would find myself thinking about him more and more often. One night in winter he was working midnights, and there was a horrible snow storm that night. I was at home...and I ended up calling in to work to see if he had made it in to work....only to be told he hadn't, because he had ditched his car due to road conditions!!
That was when I started to realize things had changed

When you truly love someone, you will love them for who they are inside -then suddenly you will find them attractive on the outside!
When you're with them, you'll feel totally at peace - like you've come home.
You will be more concerned with their happiness & well-being than your own...when my man is sick, I want to take care of him....when he is stressed, or someone upsets him/makes him mad - I go into instance defense mode and want to rip that person apart!!

And, finally, for me.....the first time my man hugged me was totally IT. The moment he had me in his arms, I felt every wall and every defense in me simply disappear, and I felt like I had finally, truly "come home."
Old 18-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Have you drunk champagne?
Felt like dancing with no one else around?
Felt giddy for no reason?
Couldn't stop thinking about someone you like?

Infatuation or love, who can really say.. judge.
But that's how I remember it.

Bring loved back... now that's another story...feeling. As I couldn't always (easily) tell.

i gusse i have felt giddy and and couldn't stop thinking about them at some point. but i have done that with alot of crushes before. well actually there is this one paticular boy who happens to pop up in my mind every now and again.
Old 18-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
What are the signs that you truly love someone??
Well, I can only claim my own experience, of course :)

When my "better half" started working at the same place as me in 2010, I did not find him stunningly good looking or anything....he had nice eyes, but other than that I didn't really notice him much physically.....
But over time, as we worked more together (mostly on the same shift) we talked more, and got to know each other slowly. I would find myself thinking about him more and more often. One night in winter he was working midnights, and there was a horrible snow storm that night. I was at home...and I ended up calling in to work to see if he had made it in to work....only to be told he hadn't, because he had ditched his car due to road conditions!!
That was when I started to realize things had changed

When you truly love someone, you will love them for who they are inside -then suddenly you will find them attractive on the outside!
When you're with them, you'll feel totally at peace - like you've come home.
You will be more concerned with their happiness & well-being than your own...when my man is sick, I want to take care of him....when he is stressed, or someone upsets him/makes him mad - I go into instance defense mode and want to rip that person apart!!

And, finally, for me.....the first time my man hugged me was totally IT. The moment he had me in his arms, I felt every wall and every defense in me simply disappear, and I felt like I had finally, truly "come home."

what a sweet story Sesheta. i mean for me its kind of complicated sense when i do like a boy there is always this emotians of being giggly for no reason. and than thinking about him. i mean i just liked the ones who i had a crush on. i did not really fall for most of them but i never thought that they had the same feelings for me in return. because usually boys are quick to hide thier emotians from you. i'm confused cause it seems like love but than again its more of puppy love for them. so i'm never really sure if i'm falling in love with them although my heart starts to pound when i see a boy. but thats normal .
Old 18-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Master
I can't explain how I felt when I fell in love with my guy, he fell for me first and had no trouble telling me. He ticked me off big time the first time we met and I never wanted to talk with him again! Then he called the next day and we talked for hours and it all came together for me, I knew it the first time but was trying not to give in to it. Our connection was very strong, it confused Keith but he was more open to it than I was. I can't explain our connection ... like he was completely part of me without needing to know why it just is.

Keith makes me completely happy all the time, just thinking about him brings a huge smile to my face! Keith isn't even the type of guy i'm usually attracted to, nor am I the type Keith usually is attracted to ... he knows everything about me with me never knowing me, he knows when I'm worried, he hears it in the tone of my voice even when its just a slight worry. He feels like ... home that's the only word that explains how he feels. How I feel about him. He is a part of me even we are apart. Two seperate entities yet equal in every way.

I cannot explain how I feel there aren't just one word to explain the emotions I feel. Exhilerated, perfect, happy, peaceful at times other times I want to jump up and down in happiness!!

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 18-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfay
I can't explain how I felt when I fell in love with my guy, he fell for me first and had no trouble telling me. He ticked me off big time the first time we met and I never wanted to talk with him again! Then he called the next day and we talked for hours and it all came together for me, I knew it the first time but was trying not to give in to it. Our connection was very strong, it confused Keith but he was more open to it than I was. I can't explain our connection ... like he was completely part of me without needing to know why it just is.

Keith makes me completely happy all the time, just thinking about him brings a huge smile to my face! Keith isn't even the type of guy i'm usually attracted to, nor am I the type Keith usually is attracted to ... he knows everything about me with me never knowing me, he knows when I'm worried, he hears it in the tone of my voice even when its just a slight worry. He feels like ... home that's the only word that explains how he feels. How I feel about him. He is a part of me even we are apart. Two seperate entities yet equal in every way.

I cannot explain how I feel there aren't just one word to explain the emotions I feel. Exhilerated, perfect, happy, peaceful at times other times I want to jump up and down in happiness!!

thank you for sharing Elfay about you and Kieth. i hope you two continue to love and grow with each other.
Old 19-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Master
thank you for sharing your expericences. i just wish i knew what my feeelings were. i'm not sure if have yet to really know what its like to be in love with someone else before. i gusse its just the notians of being in the stages of puppylove and infatuation. i like them but i don't think they have the same feelings for me back.
Old 19-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Can't get them out of your mind.
Want to be with them every second.
Want to know everything about them.
Want to hold them in any pain they have.
You see only the best in them, ignoring any faults.
There is never enough time with them.
Want to share everything beautiful with them coffee, the air, the movie,
The thoughts in your head...
You want to defend them to any foe or punch anyone that disses them
You think you can't live without them or their love for you
Their love means everything to you.
Their disapproval crushes you.
You want to please them always.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru