Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
Thanks for the link Gem. I have a few other books on the way.

In particular I am drawn to '81 - Root cause of fear - Page 302'

A lot of good things said in that chapter...
Old 08-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Knower
Ramana Maharshi is someone I look to for inspiration, a great man. Of all people claiming to be enlightened I feel Ramana is one of only a few who truly are. His book 'Who am I' is worth looking up. I have his app on my phone to inspire me.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
Ramana Maharshi is someone I look to for inspiration, a great man. Of all people claiming to be enlightened I feel Ramana is one of only a few who truly are. His book 'Who am I' is worth looking up. I have his app on my phone to inspire me.
Yes Ramana Maharshi was a great stepping stone towards my own
enlightenment, or the realization of being that all along.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Master
This is what I just wrote (in relation to another, quite different, 'set' of ideas) that I am writing a 'critical' treatise on. Am posting the passage here thinking it might pertain to the ideas (pertaining to 'enlightenment', one's real 'nature', etc.) being discussed here and possibly be of thought-stimulus value to some readers at least:
One of the ironies pertaining to truth -- any stated ‘truth’ just being a word-symbol composed description (i.e. a script!) pertaining to an aspect of the totality of Being -- is that even very comprehensive idea-encompassing statements can and often do lead people who are emotionally biased by selfishness astray without their knowing it, with them thinking all the while that whatever they decide [in terms of the relational or non-relational choices they make] on such basis must be ‘correct’ because they believe they are onto something which they regard as being completely ‘true’ by definition.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Master
Possibly, David, but the book is a conversation between a questioner and Nis, a transcript if you will. The idea is to have a read of the provided PDF, and perhaps word search anything one is particularly interested in, and see if it is pertinent to oneself, not as something learned and known, but as something true to life. It may be the case that it has no pertinence to some individuals, so just disregard it in that case. However, I dare say that any spiritually inclined reader will be struck by the narrative in some way, but each in their own way.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Possibly, David, but the book is a conversation between a questioner and Nis, a transcript if you will. The idea is to have a read of the provided PDF, and perhaps word search anything one is particularly interested in, and see if it is pertinent to oneself, not as something learned and known, but as something true to life. It may be the case that it has no pertinence to some individuals, so just disregard it in that case. However, I dare say that any spiritually inclined reader will be struck by the narrative in some way, but each in their own way.
I like that Gem.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Absolutely, Gem! And that is 'true' of any 'treatise' -- whether presented as 'conversation', like The Bhagavad Gita or Socrates' 'Dialgogues', or as a 'drama' or 'history', like The Old and New Testaments, or as a straight out commentary, like The Tao do Ching, The Dhammapada, etc., etc. etc.) purporting to share/reveal 'the truth' about the 'reality' of one's Being, as is what I said, I think.

My statement pertains to whatever (i.e. any 'truth') that a 'reader' may be particularly interested in exploring because he/she finds is particularly pertinent to her/him ... again, so I think.

My 'caution' was aimed at provoking 'readers to 'watch out' for the fact that biases stemming from their own 'selfishness' may lead them 'astray' if and as they think that 'the truth' that they 'find' in any 'script' is "completely" true word-art representation of 'the truth' about anything. REALITY is much too GRANDly multidimensional to be 'encapsulated' by any 'script' (or aspect thereof) which one finds particularly pertinent in relation to one's 'own' or any 'other' self).
Old 11-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Absolutely, Gem! And that is 'true' of any 'treatise' -- whether presented as 'conversation', like The Bhagavad Gita or Socrates' 'Dialgogues', or as a 'drama' or 'history', like The Old and New Testaments, or as a straight out commentary, like The Tao do Ching, The Dhammapada, etc., etc. etc.) purporting to share/reveal 'the truth' about the 'reality' of one's Being, as is what I said, I think.

My statement pertains to whatever (i.e. any 'truth') that a 'reader' may be particularly interested in exploring because he/she finds is particularly pertinent to her/him ... again, so I think.

My 'caution' was aimed at provoking 'readers to 'watch out' for the fact that biases stemming from their own 'selfishness' may lead them 'astray' if and as they think that 'the truth' that they 'find' in any 'script' is "completely" true word-art representation of 'the truth' about anything. REALITY is much too GRANDly multidimensional to be 'encapsulated' by any 'script' (or aspect thereof) which one finds particularly pertinent in relation to one's 'own' or any 'other' self).

Honestly, David, the overuse of underlines, bold font and other emphases make it much more difficult for me to read what you write. It 'sounds like' the emphasised words are yelled, and the din of these 'loud' words makes it hard to understand what you're saying.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Honestly, David, the overuse of underlines, bold font and other emphases make it much more difficult for me to read what you write. It 'sounds like' the emphasised words are yelled, and the din of these 'loud' words makes it hard to understand what you're saying.
Thank you for your honestly, Gem. Perceptions of excess and/or insifficiency are in the 'I' of the 'beholder', IMO. My emphases aren't meant to be so 'loud' (as a matter of fact written words make no 'sound' at all! LOL) as to make it 'hard' for anyone to 'hear' and 'understand' them. Either look to overcome your "sounds like" reactions in said regards, or just ignore my posts. Bro.

Only those who are attuned or really want to to be attuned to/with my spirit can/will hear 'my voice'.

Further comments informing of this are quite unnecessary. My 'words' are not intended to be 'heard' by everyone.
Old 13-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Master

Having just spent many days reading the Bhagavad Gita followed by reading Jack Hawley's concise version of the same it was a surprise when I picked up an edition of Ralph Waldo Emerson, opened it and saw

Brahma

If the red slayer think he slays...

go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIy-CS3u4uU

Wonderful how it fits in this thread,