Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Knower

Do people ever become uglier or more beautiful to you the more you know them?

Usually when I first meet people I can tell if their not attractive or not but if someone has a really nice and kind personality they become more beautiful to me. It's the same with if the person is mean they become uglier to me. It's like, the people with the beautiful souls become shiny to me and all their flaws go away (even if physically I originally found them unattractive) and the same goes for very good looking people (If I know they are a mean person and they treat people meanly they become uglier to me.)
Does this happen to you?
I think it's inner beauty and that someone who is beautiful on the inside can appear more beautiful on the outside (that's my concept) but sometimes I think only a few can see this.
Does this ever happen to you?
Old 05-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Kamila

Hi there :)
I usually see beauty in every single person physically and also energetically or personality wise...i believe that everyone is beautiful in their own way and wen I look at them thats the first thing that i notice wen ur able to look at ppl and see past the ** It can be challenging sometimes. ..
Old 05-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Badger1777

Yes.

To be ugly is to be an unpleasant or insincere person. To be beautiful is to be honest and compassionate and well intentioned and happy to so. Most people sit somewhere in between those two extremes, but shift one way or another depending on the company they are in.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Lorelyen

To me beauty is never skin deep. It comes from one's very core. People's outward presentation is what we encounter and I remain fairly neutral until I've made some acquaintance with the person. I wouldn't call it more beautiful or ugly - the person inwardly ugly to me may be beautiful to someone else and vice versa. It's more a question about whether they attract of repel me and to what degree.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:51 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Soul
Usually when I first meet people I can tell if their not attractive or not but if someone has a really nice and kind personality they become more beautiful to me. It's the same with if the person is mean they become uglier to me. It's like, the people with the beautiful souls become shiny to me and all their flaws go away (even if physically I originally found them unattractive) and the same goes for very good looking people (If I know they are a mean person and they treat people meanly they become uglier to me.)
Does this happen to you?
I think it's inner beauty and that someone who is beautiful on the inside can appear more beautiful on the outside (that's my concept) but sometimes I think only a few can see this.
Does this ever happen to you?

It's a spiritual ability. Spirits say that on the other side we see the inner beauty rather than the physical shape/features. It's the mind's eye. I think some people here have this gift (this ability which all have in the spirit realm). I know someone who can see this way.

Also, this person was looking at an ugly woman in the show and for a moment she appeared to be beautiful to him. He was surprised. I asked the spirit guides about this and they said that he saw her inner beauty for a moment. But the reason it was for a moment is because he doesn't know this woman. So in real life, when he meets someone and gets to know them, he can start seeing them as beautiful.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Master
To some extent everyone is just a mirror of our own selves. When we see something which seems 'ugly' in someone (not talking skin here) we are seeing something in ourselves which we can heal or work on if we choose. Same with seeing someone's inner beauty, it is a reflection of something inside ourselves already developed or in the beginning stages of developing.

This is totally connected to how we see them physically. There's a huge amount of tests which show the human eye tends to see what it wants or expects to see more than the actual physical reality.
Even knowing what we are 'supposed' to see in a test doesn't mean we can actually see it.

Our eyes tend to see our emotional reality in many things vs the physical reality as a camera would capture it.

My Ex is this way, when we first met I saw him an average looking somewhat handsome guy, within weeks he seemed before my eyes to slowly morph into the most handsome man I'd ever met with a gentle radiant glow. Even now 2 years after our divorce from a 20 year marriage I can not see why he actually looks like as a camera would see him because I see through the eyes of love, respect and reverence. Even as we fight and try to negotiate how we are splitting the belongings/finances etc and he acts like a total (insert some appropriate 4 letter word here) he is still amazingly handsome to me because I only see the spirit he really is and not the passing emotion of the moment.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:09 AM
Master
I think that if a person who has a nice personally who maybe is unattractive although beauty is subject is really beautiful on the outside as too, you start to see that what you consider to be unappealing actually becomes attractive.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:35 PM
heartchakra

What is beauty? Have you ever considered our bodies to be structure like a building? Like interior decorating our souls are much the same depending on our thoughts and feelings and how they are arranged our inner personality will 'shine', I believe that what defines true beauty.

People who discriminate purely based on what they see have not yet lead a spiritual path in my opinion.

There is so no such thing as uglier or beautiful, it depends upon the person and how they've arranged their inner beauty, some people get disconnected source which explains why some people personality's aren't the best.