Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Shabby

Realization through Contemplation

One day while sitting outside on my back porch, I thought about God and where God is when I heard: I am closer than you think.
My first reaction was of course, everyone knows that. God is wherever I am, but I heard nothing in reply. Instead there was this silence, you know the one where two people are talking and one doesn’t reply so you add something to get a response.

So I thought about the statement: Closer than you think. Closer than thinking, thinking, thought, closer than thought, before thought! I got it. A light bulb went off ….before thought there is silence.

In the silence of our mind we are one with God. Only in the silence of our minds are we One. One with all.

There is no separation, no differences, no judgment…..we are all the same in the silence of our mind. In the silence of our mind which is simply the absence of thought, there is no suffering.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
One day while sitting outside on my back porch, I thought about God and where God is when I heard: I am closer than you think.
My first reaction was of course, everyone knows that. God is wherever I am, but I heard nothing in reply. Instead there was this silence, you know the one where two people are talking and one doesn’t reply so you add something to get a response.

So I thought about the statement: Closer than you think. Closer than thinking, thinking, thought, closer than thought, before thought! I got it. A light bulb went off ….before thought there is silence.

In the silence of our mind we are one with God. Only in the silence of our minds are we One. One with all.

There is no separation, no differences, no judgment…..we are all the same in the silence of our mind. In the silence of our mind which is simply the absence of thought, there is no suffering.

Hey Shabz,

I don't believe in God so it's outside my context, but there's no doubt surrounding this presence that is here. I think God creates something that isn't actually here and thus causes the disparity that validates myself, where as the presence, which is so obvious, doesn't enable fanciful thoughts, but rather, a sense of being.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 AM
KevinO

Quote:

If thought is awareness of perception, agreed! When we simply see without attachment everything is beautiful.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Ivy

Absolutely. A question is asked, we put it down and instead of trying to work it out, we sit in silence. In that silence clarity is found.

Recently I wrote a question intended for contemplation, some contemplated and some tried to work it out with their minds. But the question didn't make sense, so the minds struggled with it. I also got in trouble for suggesting that quiet would help realisation to come. But this is why I did so.

So it is really good to read this thread here.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:29 AM
luntrusreality

Quote:

You are absolutely right, there is no separation. What you have discovered there is true peace.
Only thoughts and emotions create separation - in retrospect.
A thought might come up after such an experience:
"I was one with God" - but there is no "I" separate from "God" in the first place. You can either say "I" or "God" and it refers to the same Awareness.

Luntrus
Old 02-01-2015, 12:33 PM
P.McCoy

You put it very nicely Shabby. Thanks.
When you give yourself time to be one with it all, you feel God's love. Very true.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi Shabbs welcome back ..

I suppose it can depend on what one relates silence to be .. In the absence of thought (if that what's silence is) for instance one can still feel separated from God or self or whatever word suits .

The man that killed his dog in a mad rage is where he is at within himself in the absent of thought or within the noise ..

Is silence the same silence for the man in turmoil as it is for the man at peace .

One can perhaps be at peace and be of thought, One can be silent and not be at peace ..

Maybe it's more than silence of the mind that entertains oneness .

x daz x
Old 02-01-2015, 01:11 PM
luntrusreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Shabbs welcome back ..

I suppose it can depend on what one relates silence to be .. In the absence of thought (if that what's silence is) for instance one can still feel separated from God or self or whatever word suits .

The man that killed his dog in a mad rage is where he is at within himself in the absent of thought or within the noise ..

Yes this is true. Emotionally there can also be a sense of separation that is not necesarrily expressed as thought.
Not everybody has thoughts of separation all day long - it is also expressed in fear in the body , or rage etc.
Usually emotions like nervousness and so on are a specific reaction to a practical situation.
Like when a musician goes on stage and is not even a little bit nervous or excited he will not be as focussed. - so here nervousness is "useful" and has nothing to do with a sense of separation.
It is just a bodily reaction to be on point in a demanding situation. If it becomes stage fright and the musician is not able to play properly anymore - nervousness becomes fear.
If he is nervous 3 days in advance it is a "useless" emotional reaction that alternates between thinking and feeling of predicting a bad future.

Just like agression. If the body is in a life or death situation it is possible that you feel the same emotional reaction that we call agression.
But it is not perpetuated after that event by thought - it just appears and disappears without relating it to a story of separation.

Luntrus
Old 02-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:

Yes.........nice post, it was a joy to read it.

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality
Yes this is true. Emotionally there can also be a sense of separation that is not necesarrily expressed as thought.
Not everybody has thoughts of separation all day long - it is also expressed in fear in the body , or rage etc.
Usually emotions like nervousness and so on are a specific reaction to a practical situation.
Like when a musician goes on stage and is not even a little bit nervous or excited he will not be as focussed. - so here nervousness is "useful" and has nothing to do with a sense of separation.
It is just a bodily reaction to be on point in a demanding situation. If it becomes stage fright and the musician is not able to play properly anymore - nervousness becomes fear.
If he is nervous 3 days in advance it is a "useless" emotional reaction that alternates between thinking and feeling of predicting a bad future.

Just like agression. If the body is in a life or death situation it is possible that you feel the same emotional reaction that we call agression.
But it is not perpetuated after that event by thought - it just appears and disappears without relating it to a story of separation.

Luntrus

I rarely hear that one realizes God or self within the noise so the presence of silence seems to pave way for the realization .

I can also relate to there being silence or the absence of thought and no realization .

The man that has killed his dog may enter the silence beyond all emotions and not enter the inner doors of self .

It's like the silence brings forth the inner doors but without the key one cannot enter .

Perhaps many can relate to the key within their heart .. so without the self love .. silence may just fall on deaf ears lols .. excuse the awful pun ..

x daz x