Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Knower

Physical Separation and Fear of Loss

I once read a comment by someone on this forum that was very helpful to me. If this person happens to read this, please repeat your statements. He said something about how he never much misses his brother or others when he doesn't see them for a while, given the fact that he feels that his soul is always connected with them and that what we perceive as physical separation is only illusionary.

I would appreciate it if others would please chime in and provide supplementary comments on this subject. Sometimes, when I meet someone new and wonderful, I become stricken with fear and depression that I will never see them again in my life or for a very long period; even if the person was only rather incidental to me. When I come across someone from my childhood, I sometimes feel quite melancholy afterwards, perhaps fearful that I won't encounter them again and considering the time that we have spent apart.

In a mostly unrelated field, I would appreciate some feedback on this: Sometimes, when I encounter or experience something wonderful, such as seeing or experiencing a beautiful woman; my mind goes to a place of contemplating what it would be like to no longer have access to such things.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Master
Fear of loss is very common, I'd go so far as to say it's part of the human condition. We tend to perceive the world through our senses as a million separate forms, and we confuse form with reality - so reality appears to us to be fragmented into all these innumerable different objects. No wonder we feel so insecure and precarious!

It's all very well to say 'all is one,' 'duality is an illusion,' 'I am everything,' etc., but in order to truly know it, you have to experience it. I've only ever truly experienced it once (at least, for any length of time), and it was wonderful - all my heavy past fell away, and there I was, blissfully present, in a world that was beautiful and benign. For all my talk, I haven't been back to that place (mentally - I know, I'm always there) since...
Old 03-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Experiencer
I guess if you are connected with spirituality, you know how to handle better physical separation from others because you know that this separation is merely an illusion created by this physical world and its physical laws. This life is just a tiny part of the vast existence of our souls and so this illusion of separation is just temporary.

I find it really interesting the argument that many scientists and metaphysicists now make that consciousness is not confined in our brains. They theorize that consciousness is where our focus is, and not the other way around. So when you think of someone and/or someone thinks of you, in a way, you really are with one another. Consciousness/spirit has this ability of not being subject to the constrains of time and space, it's very awesome to be able to realize that.